Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Might go buy this Evo tomorrow... opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidenote: Realize that the majority of the car has aluminum body parts. Since quality body shops will not do bondo on aluminum (metal expands/ contracts too much), the cost to repair an Evo is significantly higher than most cars. Likewise, they're not nearly as durable in parking lots as steel cars. If you want to keep your Evo nice, plan on parking at the end of parking lots and walking a ways to the store.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Sick just like mine when i first bought it!!! Check carfax obviously then check all the vin tags on all the panels; bumpers, fenders, doors, 1/4 panel, trunk, and hood. It looks pretty like minor bolt ons and the way the guy was driving it so you know exactly what has been done to it. Rather then someone puttin it back to stock and you never know if it had a big turbo on it etc...
Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I noticed the cone filter. I was just asking if that duct is functional.... it appears to aim the output right at the cone so I'm assuming that actually helps?

No warranty but I'm not planning to do hard launches or anything.... I'm used to not having a warranty and I've always maintained my own vehicles.

I think I'm going to have it delivered today

Edit: I always park at the end because I'm currently driving a Cobra.... after driving the Evo today I parked up front though :X

Last edited by acidtonic; Nov 5, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Just bought it!!!!!!

Being delivered in a few hours, they are detailing it, and replacing the backlighting on the main gauge cluster.

PROUD new IX owner. w00t
Old Nov 5, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by acidtonic
No warranty but I'm not planning to do hard launches or anything.... I'm used to not having a warranty and I've always maintained my own vehicles.
You say that now...but with an easily obtainable 400 to the wheels on the stock motor that may change in the next 6 mos.

Congrats

**not that a warranty would be valid at that point anyways. The reason i was asking about the warranty was to check the ECU to see if it has a stock map.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 07:11 AM

I'd say that's a good deal. I'd try to walk out the door with it for a little less though.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Those look like they may be Trustz gauge overlays and if they are they have their own lighting source so changing the backlight will not do anything.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tz-gauges.html
Old Nov 5, 2010, 08:20 AM

Im assuming you have a 03/04 Cobra since you keep talking it up. Just a FYI I raped my friends 04 Cobra which has intake, pulley, idler, belt, long tubes, full exhaust, nitto 555r drag radial, tuned with a SCT on 100 octane. I beat him by like 4-5 cars from a DIG you'll get sucked into the Evo world very quick. I know I did I was hardcore GM F-body fan LS1 for life, then I got an Evo and damn I wish I bought one a long long time ago! Congrats on the sweet ride!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 08:22 AM

congratss on the buy!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Car looks sick man! I would bargain down a little bit though.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ekoy
22k is a very good price according to the pictures. Bummed you didn't take engine bay pictures. Make sure the ECU harness under the glovebox hasn't been cut and spliced into. If so, id talk the dealer down.

My dads evo and mine have both been cut and spliced poorly, which I was angry when I found out.
Sorry this doesnt pertain to the thread i think its cool that you AND your dad both have Evos. I tried talking my dad into getting one but he got an 08 Vette instead
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxApollynxX
Im assuming you have a 03/04 Cobra since you keep talking it up. Just a FYI I raped my friends 04 Cobra which has intake, pulley, idler, belt, long tubes, full exhaust, nitto 555r drag radial, tuned with a SCT on 100 octane. I beat him by like 4-5 cars from a DIG you'll get sucked into the Evo world very quick. I know I did I was hardcore GM F-body fan LS1 for life, then I got an Evo and damn I wish I bought one a long long time ago! Congrats on the sweet ride!
My other LS1 GTO friend just put his up for sale in order to buy an Evo after I turned him on to them a year or so ago..... up until now it was just finding the right one close by that was held by someone i could trade my car in on.

Mine was a 97 Cobra actually, but rather quick for what I did. It ran a 12.6@106 with some crazy weight reduction (more like gutting) and I got it down to around 2750-2850lbs with about $10 gas in the tank but not me.

I'm already not missing the car much and just really can't wait to get this Evo delivered.... they left 5 min ago and should be here within an hour!

I'll have to check into the backlighting thing and see what I can find. Thanks for the info...

Also should that white pipe in the engine bay shot be white when it's stock?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

It's normally alluminum color......looks like you found a nice car, congrats.

I came from a supercharged 5.0 and never looked back. This is a year round fun car unlike a high HP rear wheel drive car that sits dormant for several months out of the year.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Make sure you post up plenty pictures when it gets delivered. We would all love to see pics! LOL
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:47 AM

Get a turbo back exhaust and get it tuned! You can't leave an easy 75-95hp on the table!

Quick Reply: Might go buy this Evo tomorrow... opinions?