Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Prosport Halo Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question New Prosport Halo Discussion

so i need new gauges in my car and I was going to get prosport premium. However, i see that Halos are out
and i was wondering if anybody had them installed already. it looks pretty cool.
but are halos really worth that extra $10-30?
is the ability to change brightness that important? and other functions it has to offer??

let me know what you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuhnNljkFTc

Last edited by bnr34rb26dett; Nov 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stay away from prosport gauges... You drive an evo, prosports are for civics and ricers. Maybe thats just me but i wouldn't put ultra-cheap chinese guages in an evo. I have tried prosport guages before and i know other people who have them too and they all seem to break or stop working within 3 months.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MonsterTurbo6
I would stay away from prosport gauges... You drive an evo, prosports are for civics and ricers. Maybe thats just me but i wouldn't put ultra-cheap chinese guages in an evo. I have tried prosport guages before and i know other people who have them too and they all seem to break or stop working within 3 months.
Maybe you should wait till you get a few more posts under your belt before trying to give out some advice. ProSports have a great rep on here. Maybe you and/or your ricer friends were not to keen on installing them correctly. Maybe the wiring was faulty... Who knows? But point is, they are good gauges. I have no clue with the Halo's though.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

prosports are reliable from what i have heard. yes defis are legit and pure JDM but i havent heard any major problems with prosports.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by EVODreams
Maybe you should wait till you get a few more posts under your belt before trying to give out some advice. ProSports have a great rep on here. Maybe you and/or your ricer friends were not to keen on installing them correctly. Maybe the wiring was faulty... Who knows? But point is, they are good gauges. I have no clue with the Halo's though.
I can't give advice because I'm new to this evo forum? Bottom line is you get what you pay for just like with anything.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Have had my prosports for about a year now, still fresh, still clean, and very functional.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

friend has prosports in his 06 sti. had them for years and never had an issue.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bnr34rb26dett
prosports are reliable from what i have heard. yes defis are legit and pure JDM but i havent heard any major problems with prosports.
peak and hold and warning are all in the premium line. looks like all u get is a halo and a touchpad for more money.
where in PA?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

I can't give advice because I'm new to this evo forum? Bottom line is you get what you pay for just like with anything.
Not true.

I have an eBay lip. Perfect fit for 60$ as opposed to 300+ for same style and big name.
I have vortex gen. That was 50$. Looks exactly like stock and fits like stock.

Cheaper doesn't always mean it's bad. I spent and crap load of cash buying defi gauges and it turns out the boost gauge was off by 5psi. Switched to prosport and don't regret it. Prosport boost gauge is off also but by only .5 psi according to my logs.

I have been using these for a few months with ZERO issues.

Op. I would highly recommend those gauges. I will prolly switch to the halo series from the premium because I love how you can change brightness. Did not even know those were out! Thanks

Last edited by 05VIII; Nov 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The non dimmable gauges are WAY too bright. I have a premium in one car, which was just annoyingly bright, my evo came with a non premium and it is blindingly bright to the point that I have to cover it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
peak and hold and warning are all in the premium line. looks like all u get is a halo and a touchpad for more money.
where in PA?
philly too!
im new here. i hvent had the chance to introduce myself in the philly thread yet

Originally Posted by 05VIII
Not true.

I have an eBay lip. Perfect fit for 60$ as opposed to 300+ for same style and big name.
I have vortex gen. That was 50$. Looks exactly like stock and fits like stock.

Cheaper doesn't always mean it's bad. I spent and crap load of cash buying defi gauges and it turns out the boost gauge was off by 5psi. Switched to prosport and don't regret it. Prosport boost gauge is off also but by only .5 psi according to my logs.

I have been using these for a few months with ZERO issues.

Op. I would highly recommend those gauges. I will prolly switch to the halo series from the premium because I love how you can change brightness. Did not even know those were out! Thanks
yea i just seen them. i think it came out like a month ago or soemting

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
The non dimmable gauges are WAY too bright. I have a premium in one car, which was just annoyingly bright, my evo came with a non premium and it is blindingly bright to the point that I have to cover it.
now thats what i want to hear!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

These look pretty cool!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have 2 prosport gauges in my car and the only issue i had was with my boost gauge is that the needle light went out and i sent it in for repair and got a new one back from prosport under warranty! they are a really good company and and have a great customer service. if i were to upgrade from my current gauges i would probably check out the Halos!

one thing to remember is that with ANY gauge there is going to be a percentage of error and i think that usually sits at +/- 2psi

i noticed that at night and having the gauge white is pretty bright but once i switch my lights on the gauge changes to amber and its not as bright as the white. its actually really good and visible but not blinding

Last edited by vmrevo9; Nov 26, 2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
i have 2 prosport gauges in my car and the only issue i had was with my boost gauge is that the needle light went out and i sent it in for repair and got a new one back from prosport under warranty! they are a really good company and and have a great customer service. if i were to upgrade from my current gauges i would probably check out the Halos!

one thing to remember is that with ANY gauge there is going to be a percentage of error and i think that usually sits at +/- 2psi

i noticed that at night and having the gauge white is pretty bright but once i switch my lights on the gauge changes to amber and its not as bright as the white. its actually really good and visible but not blinding
do you have an option of changing when to go white and amber?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a prosport boost gauge thats been on the car for a year now. Only one minor issue, and not even sure if its gauge related. Only during track events, when I shut the car off and start it back up, the needle stays stuck at '0' during idle for a while then drops and reacts like it should. The only thing I can think of is the paint on the needle itself starts to stick at these conditions. Like I said, it has only happened when I race though.

To say outright to not get these gauges because ricers use them is ridiculous. They are good gauges, and at least ricers have SOME good taste to be using these on their cars.

Quick Reply: New Prosport Halo Discussion