Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

E85 use

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekste
you won't save any money switching to E85 on a DD over standard premium. in fact, it will probably cost you slightly more in the long run.
Wrong, if he has a conservative tune then yes he will be saving some money. Most of use that use E85 use it as a race fuel cause of the octane level. Plus you have to keep in mind the bigger fuel pump and injectors that are USUALLY needed. Thats why some people see MPG drop. If i granny drive my Evo and stay out of boost I see next to no difference in MPG with my setup.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

e85 is the shizznit but not worth it if your not looking for performance gains. U may as well jsut stay with your 91 if you want honda civic gas mileage.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by walkerkd
whats the deal with the injectors i run 90lb injectors on my twin turbo 5.0 which should equate to about 900 cc (lbs/hr X 10.5 = cc/min.) puts down 980hp or so and we are upgrading to 1000cc? i dont wanna get into the weeds about this but more what if any are people seeing benefit wise to 93 other than performance. but it seems most people only do for performances.
Your twin turbo 5.0 has 4 more cylinders with 4 extra injectors over the Evo. Also, since e-85 takes 30% more fuel over stock 850cc is the smallest you would want to go on the stock turbo due to the amount of fuel needed to flow into our 4 cylinder powerhouses lol.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:42 PM

again guys this is not my first rodeo maybe new to evo but in my stable theres alot of turbos from bikes to cars to truck to diesels im asking questions specific to the evo only. theres are tons of guys and gals here with great info i just dont wanna get in the weeds about BS i wanna talk about flow rates hp and if e85 can be a resource worth going into on the EVO only.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I'm also thinking about going e85 for my Evo X MR.

Subscribed!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:40 PM

yea im finding tons of info and i wanted to poll people about what they are getting and what they are using it for. im not wanting to go stupid! im look for 350 wtq i could care less about hp number to much because the sst with stock clutches are the key to me. also im look at of course fuel pump maybe that dw 300lph and 850cc injectors. i dont think 1000 cc injectors are necessary for us sst guys seems like way more injector that u could ever use unless u go upgrade clutches for road racing or dog off the line solution for the drag guys.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

yea im finding tons of info and i wanted to poll people about what they are getting and what they are using it for. im not wanting to go stupid! im look for 350 wtq i could care less about hp number to much because the sst with stock clutches are the key to me. also im look at of course fuel pump maybe that dw 300lph and 850cc injectors. i dont think 1000 cc injectors are necessary for us sst guys seems like way more injector that u could ever use unless u go upgrade clutches for road racing or dog off the line solution for the drag guys.
I agree with your above statement. If you're shooting for a little more power/torque but nothing too crazy then 850cc-950cc would be perfectly fine paired with the stock turbo.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here I searched for you... the E85 thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...cussion-5.html

To run E85 you need at minimum the following:

- Walbro pump (with mounting kit, hoses and filter)
- DW 800 CC injectors
- Tune

Seeing you are in Texas, I recommend you go pay Cobb a visit in Plano. They can do all the installation and tuning for you and I can gaurantee that you will be very happy.

Or, if you are DIY inclined, do all the intstallation yourself and run with an Accessport Off The Shelf map (OTS map) for the Tune part.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Installation on the pump and injectors are easy and I must say, if you have basic hand tools and 2 hands to do the job yourself.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:40 PM

again guys this is not my first rodeo maybe new to evo but in my stable theres alot of turbos from bikes to cars to truck to diesels im asking questions specific to the evo only. theres are tons of guys and gals here with great info i just dont wanna get in the weeds about BS i wanna talk about flow rates hp and if e85 can be a resource worth going into on the EVO only.
I am currently running E85 on my DD EVO X, DW1300 injectors/Bosch Pump
gained 25 WHP and 60 WTQ
In my opinion pros and cons are below.
Positive- great power
Very clean
Much cheaper
Negative- Loss in fuel miles
Hard to find
Old Jan 1, 2011, 09:37 AM

e85 is great the only problem i find is in my area in miami i only know of 1 gas station that sells it so if i am low on gas i am out of luck
Old Jan 1, 2011, 09:47 AM

well i would have to have my car tuned with 93 and e85 and keep all the maps with me at all time. i travel and drive my cars alot. and there are places i go that i cant get e85 so swapping maps is a must. texas there are several places that have it so im pretty good until i travel out a ways from the major cities. but i think my plans are gonna keep me safe.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbo_10sec
e85 is great the only problem i find is in my area in miami i only know of 1 gas station that sells it so if i am low on gas i am out of luck
Might be a good idea to have a switchable fuel map/tune. Run the E-85 as low as you can before filling up with regular gas. Turn down the boost until you can fill up with corn fuel again.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 03:32 PM

yea my s14 has this with my fcon i just want to see how people are doing it with the evo
heres a couple pics of the s14

also im assuming from all my research the power comander and the accessport are very very similar. except of course the fcon is a standalone ecu.

Last edited by walkerkd; Jan 1, 2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Don't do it for cost. Do it for performance. /End thread.

Quick Reply: E85 use