Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is my evo worth trading for this supra???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NADA average trade value for his car: ~12K
; ; ; ; your car: ~16K

Then you have to take into account his POS doesn't even run right and the book values for cars over 100K miles and over 10 years old are very funky. That's about a minus 8 grand in my opinion. Did someone buy your Evo and give it to you?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahaha, maybe if he gave you 8k cash on top.

He has some nerve.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:07 AM

no way brother
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:11 AM

Keep the evo supras are nice but no way man you would be getting the dookie end of the stick on that deal. Put a little money in the evo go faster than that supra would anyways and in more control with the awd.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Properly done NA cars with Swapped GTE motors go for $15-$19k. NA car go for like $9-$15k.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:28 PM

Well listen to this....

I just called the guy (''the supra guy'') out of respect, to tell him i would not interested in his swap, because several of my evo buddy's (''ya'll'') told me thats not fair trade. He told me... Maybe you should go suck there dicks too.. since your listening to what they have to say!! LOl!! Oh yea, and he also said im dumb for thinking an evo would ever hold up against an gt45 supra! I just hung the phone up and laughed it off.

evo1984
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:34 PM

i would keep that evo.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:38 PM

whats up with supra owners???

Every supra owner i ever talk to, think just because they own a supra!! there better then everybody else! They think there ''god'' I havent even road in one yet, because all supra's that i see on the street.. The owners usually have an atittude like they have some type of chip on there shoulder. Is it just me or have other ppl notice this too??? omg... dont ever tell a supra owner ''there car is slow''!! you'll never hear the end of that. lol

evo1984
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

The reality of it is, no matter what "fast" car you have your going to get that....

Most evo owners are like that as well.
Vette Owners
Mustang and Camaro owners for sure...
Any HIGH end sports car owner

if someone is a TRUE enthuisast of sports cars and going fast then they will respect what is done to any model...

There is ALWAYS - ALWAYS someone faster...

To whom said that an evo would hang with a GT45 Supra - If the car has been properly set up, an evo would have virtually no chance of winning that race unless its on an actual race track..

From a Roll - not a chance
Drag - NOPE
From a light - maybe for about the first 50 ft and then NOPE

The fastest EVO in the states that is on Race Gas is what, mid 8's? the fastest supra is in the mid 7's?

its just as normal to see a tt supra running around with 1000 horsepower as it is to see a evo running around with 600...
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
the reality of it is, no matter what "fast" car you have your going to get that....

Vette owners
mustang and camaro owners for sure...
Any high end sports car owner

if someone is a true enthuisast of sports cars and going fast then they will respect what is done to any model...

there is always - always someone faster...

to whom said that an evo would hang with a gt45 supra - if the car has been properly set up, an evo would have virtually no chance of winning that race unless its on an actual race track..

From a roll - not a chance
drag - nope
from a light - maybe for about the first 50 ft and then nope

the fastest evo in the states that is on race gas is what, mid 8's? The fastest supra is in the mid 7's?

Its just as normal to see a tt supra running around with 1000 horsepower as it is to see a evo running around with 600...
unless u got a bugatti
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:09 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's an na, not an even trade in my book. Now if your evo was a boosted RA it would be more even trade.

Keep the evo.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kracka
Trade for something 10 years old with over double the miles? No thanks; especially if it doesn't run right and needs work when yours is perfect as-is.
+1!!! Exactley this. Just because it's a supra don't cut yourself short! If the supra had less miles, proper tune, and ran smooth I would say do it. Other wise it just sounds like you'r hurting yourself by picking up someone elses old project.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:11 AM

HELL F***IN NO! lol

evo > supra
Old Jan 15, 2011, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo1984
whats up with supra owners???

Every supra owner i ever talk to, think just because they own a supra!! there better then everybody else! They think there ''god'' I havent even road in one yet, because all supra's that i see on the street.. The owners usually have an atittude like they have some type of chip on there shoulder. Is it just me or have other ppl notice this too??? omg... dont ever tell a supra owner ''there car is slow''!! you'll never hear the end of that. lol

evo1984

Im a supra owner(well just sold it) and I am not even close to being like that. I'd take anyone who is cool for a ride in my car. I have done it a few times actually, one was a member on here. I wouldn't call a supra slow. They run low 13s stock and make mid 400WHP with bolt ons. The Evo is very different. Short spurts the Evo is fast, Highway the supra is RIDICULOUS, The feeling of the supra going from 60MPH+ is out of this world even a slower supra like mine that had just minor bolt ons. I was easily walk C5 vettes by like 5-6 cars at least and I have $600 in mods. Cornering in the supra is ok, but if you are coming from an Evo then it feels very poor. The supra is a great car to jump in and drive. It is more comfortable than the Evo is. Everything is within reach without even moving your hand off the shifter and the center consul is a perfect fit arm rest inline with the shifter. The seats are alot softer and the ride quality is less harsh (of course we all know the Evo was not made to ride like a caddy, I get that) For sunday drives the Supra is by far more fun to drive on a nice day. On a daily basis the Evo hands down takes the cake. Both cars are extreme, Both cars are a blast. I would highly recommend take one for a spin on a nice warm day with the Targa off.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
The reality of it is, no matter what "fast" car you have your going to get that....

Vette Owners
Mustang and Camaro owners for sure...
Any HIGH end sports car owner

if someone is a TRUE enthuisast of sports cars and going fast then they will respect what is done to any model...

There is ALWAYS - ALWAYS someone faster...

To whom said that an evo would hang with a GT45 Supra - If the car has been properly set up, an evo would have virtually no chance of winning that race unless its on an actual race track..

From a Roll - not a chance
Drag - NOPE
From a light - maybe for about the first 50 ft and then NOPE

The fastest EVO in the states that is on Race Gas is what, mid 8's? the fastest supra is in the mid 7's?

its just as normal to see a tt supra running around with 1000 horsepower as it is to see a evo running around with 600...

Dead on. 1000HP supras are somewhat common, the standard is probably like 700-800WHP because the stock bottom end takes that fine that range power is as common as Evos with 400WHP. Supra's are running the Texas mile at about 255MPH now too. This is in a regular car. 255 in a Toyota is freaking crazy. Not bashing Evos at all either. I love Evos and supras. I would love to buy another of each and honestly I feel confidant saying I probably will some day.

A lot of supra owners think of Evos as a lesser car, not sure if it is because Mitsu products pretty much suck or resale value or what it is. However I do see how they can come off as cocky, If you have ever owned a supra you can completely understand why too. You guys with Evos get a lot of attention on the road every day, now multiply that by like 100 and that is what it is like in a supra on any given day. I am speaking as a former owner of both cars. The supra gets so much attention it gets annoying and sometimes you do have to treat people like a dick just to get the to leave.

I have had people video my car while I am driving. I have had a billion pics taken I get the thumbs up and every day would get revs from every type of car or truck (Even a fed ex guy was reving at me once and yelling over to me to ask about the car). I have had people follow me home on a 35 min drive and park on my front lawn at midnight to ask questions. I know you guys get this stuff too but take my word for it, being in a supra it is SOOOOOOO much worse, and in a supra going wingless does not help even in the least bit, LOL

Quick Reply: Is my evo worth trading for this supra???