Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Brand New Evo Owner VIII. Pictures =) from TN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New Evo Owner VIII. Pictures =) from TN

Hello,

I am Austin and I just traded for a 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII with SSL.

I am from Knoxville, TN area. I started out with a 1995 Nissan Skyline GTST, a 2002 BMW M3, and now a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (pics to follow). So, I wondered if there were any tid bits of information I need to know. Also, I know that I need a "louver" for the hood vent. So, if you just happen to be looking at this and have one, hit me up and try to sell it to me. =)

I am 21 years old, live close to the Tail of the Dragon and love to drive. How are owning these cars?

So as I said in the title, enjoy some of the photography from me about some of my past cars. =) Thanks for looking at my intro thread.

Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I will give you a teaser picture of the Evo here in just a sec.

Mine is the white one....

I told you imma tease you lol

Last edited by AKW89; Jan 18, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recognize that red evo....from the Powell area, right?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

welcome to the forum and nice cars
is the evo modded? any plans for it?

-anthony
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:27 PM

lllooovvveee the skyline, i wish that i could see more of these around me just a dream car........................o and nice evo lol
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:05 PM

skylines dope, goodluck with the evo
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

damn those model M3s are my favority i want one so bad, how is the reliability?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
damn those model M3s are my favority i want one so bad, how is the reliability?
Reliability? Not very well...

They are built well, don't get me wrong, but they are very finicky if not maintained AT the dealership or someone like a European Auto Garage. They just take a lot of work.

I am not too sure about the Red Evo BUT Powell TN is close to here somewhat. Not without reason. It may have came from there.

The Evo I have (White) has a very very low mod count at the moment. The car came from a car lot a while back and has 15k miles on it. So I am going to just kind of think about what all I am going to do with it.

I really would like to get some white CE28s or something along that line. I love white on white wheels.

And to the other guy... thank you. I loved my Skyline. I got it as a graduation gift from my mother. =) Let's just say this... she knows her cars, and I WAS the hit of the School.

You'll really hate me when I tell you that I have ridden in a 2002 R34 VSPEC NUR. =P

Also, if you are from TN and stay in touch, you can roll in to the Tail of the Dragon with me and meet ALL the Skyline guys. We have a huge get together. Should be over 20 Skylines this year.

Last edited by AKW89; Jan 18, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by AKW89
Reliability? Not very well...

They are built well, don't get me wrong, but they are very finicky if not maintained AT the dealership or someone like a European Auto Garage. They just take a lot of work.

I am not too sure about the Red Evo BUT Powell TN is close to here somewhat. Not without reason. It may have came from there.

The Evo I have (White) has a very very low mod count at the moment. The car came from a car lot a while back and has 15k miles on it. So I am going to just kind of think about what all I am going to do with it.

I really would like to get some white CE28s or something along that line. I love white on white wheels.

And to the other guy... thank you. I loved my Skyline. I got it as a graduation gift from my mother. =) Let's just say this... she knows her cars, and I WAS the hit of the School.

You'll really hate me when I tell you that I have ridden in a 2002 R34 VSPEC NUR. =P

Also, if you are from TN and stay in touch, you can roll in to the Tail of the Dragon with me and meet ALL the Skyline guys. We have a huge get together. Should be over 20 Skylines this year.
Ahh, just asked because it was up for sale not too long ago here in Knoxville. That Skyline is sexy, don't know of very many of those around here.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:44 AM

whats up man im from Johnson City in knox bout once a month def like to hit up the dragon in my Evo or r6. Lets see those pics of the evo already!!!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice whips bro!
I am a sucker for the M3's too, and have always loved blue the best.
Welcome!
You will find all the info you could possibly ever want/need for your upgrade path on the Evo. There are some great "stickies" for planning your build in most of the sections you will be looking.
L8er.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Not to thread jack but I've always wondered where you buy a car like a Skyline? I remember years ago you had to go through Motorex and they were crazy high. Good luck with your new evo! I'm sure since you've had such badass cars in the past, this one will be no different.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:00 PM

dude i dont even know you but im jealous as **** lol i cant wait to make not enough money in my life time and just blow it all on cars and b****es =)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:34 PM

welcome 2 evom..very nice cars..love the m3

Quick Reply: Brand New Evo Owner VIII. Pictures =) from TN