Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Here: EVO or WRX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011 | 09:00 PM

Evo, ive heard alot about wrx being alot smoother ride, but really i DD my 8 and havent noticed anything. The new wrx do look pretty good though, but it only takes a few things and The X easily looks better, and will already be a much funner drive. Im getting the X for my wife after her civics paid for. go big or go home. After u get the Evo youlle forget about the 100 u would have saved every month or so. Plus if a WRX comes up next to u, u know who will be seeing tail lights, just in case
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 09:02 PM

go with the evo
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by testarossa28
hence my dilemma. Why do you live in paranoia with the Evo? And I'd go blue for the Rex.
Just speaking for myself, maybe there's salt on the road, I don't want to drive the Evo. Or if the wife wants to go to a movie, I'm thinking about my precious in the parking lot the whole time rather than enjoying myself. If I've just washed the Evo and it rains, I want to drive my wife's car. I backed into a rose bush one time and scratched the bumper and was bummed for days. Plus this forum foments a level of paranoia if you are susceptible to it. Like your Evo is running "pig rich" from the factory OMG! Your brake lines are "weak" and have to be replaced. Your fuel pump will starve your engine or burn up at high rpms! Oil is getting into your intercooler! Your bypass valve is leaking! Your downpipe is choking your engine! The obsessive nature of owning an Evo is part of the fun, but it can also be a bit taxing. All that said, bottom line is that the wrx is way cheaper, and it is a car I could own and just drive without obsessively worrying about it.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 09:47 AM

"if you really want an Evo and you buy anything else you'll continue wanting an Evo and will end up buying one within a few years anyway." -Kracka

best answer yet bro, go with it, in the end the feel of the evo is priceless.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 09:59 AM

You said "must be a stick", but have you driven a Mitsu with the TC-SST?
"TC-SST uses dual clutches to change gears. The TC-SST completes the clutch and gear shifts more quickly than a driver could in a conventional manual transmission, and is also quicker than either an automatic transmission with a torque converter, or a single clutch automated manual transmission."
Test drive a Ralliart in Sport mode, you might be surprised.

The new Ralliarts use the same base Evo engine, and there are many parts available now to make it even more fun to drive.

Also, I would never lease a car if I was even thinking about auto-x, I got burned on a lease for just driving my Honda in the winter and getting a few paint dings.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rgwinn
You said "must be a stick", but have you driven a Mitsu with the TC-SST?

Test drive a Ralliart in Sport mode, you might be surprised.

The new Ralliarts use the same base Evo engine, and there are many parts available now to make it even more fun to drive.

Also, I would never lease a car if I was even thinking about auto-x, I got burned on a lease for just driving my Honda in the winter and getting a few paint dings.
Unless it has a clutch pedal with a gear shifter I am not interested. Paddle shift, autostick and any of that does not interest me.
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

get the EVO. the maintenance costs aren't as bad as everyone says they are. it all depends on how you drive it. if you drive a honda civic like a hot rod, it will eat gas, tires, and brakes just as fast as an EVO. My EVO hasn't cost much more to maintain than the 2000 Honda Accord EX I had before it. The EVO will be a lot more fun to drive, faster, and handle a whole hell of a lot better. good luck
Old Jan 25, 2011 | 02:26 PM

Evoooo a few of my friends had wrxs and its like you could have a evo or the wrx which is like a lancer lol unless your gonna put some cash into her
Old Jan 26, 2011 | 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

$3.33 per day is nothing to be able to drive the car you really want. If you got the WRX, everytime you bought any of these things you'd kick yourself for not purchasing "the car you really wanted".

a. One drink at Starbucks
b. 1 gallon of gas
c. 6 containers of hair product
d. 3 Jack in the Box chicken sandwiches
Old Jan 26, 2011 | 02:13 PM

Like said above, you will be much happier driving the Evo! I can't wait to get mine, and the thought in my mind was, Why settle for less and just dish out a bit more to have a blast driving everyday.

since if you're already paying the higher premium u mind as well get the car that will keep you happy. Go big or go home right?
Old Jan 26, 2011 | 04:41 PM

id go with the evo, i had a subie and loved the sound of the boxer engine and looks, but my evo i got after the subie i like better, it drives and handles better and u can make more power on the stock block.
Old Jan 29, 2011 | 07:29 PM

Well guys..unfortunately I think I am leaning towards a WRX. I thought about just trying to find a cheaper Evo but the only way that will happen is if I get one with 40k miles...and I'd have to be nuts to buy an Evo with that many miles right?
Old Jan 31, 2011 | 07:26 AM

you'll be back...
Old Jan 31, 2011 | 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by magiko
you'll be back...
Hell be back when he wants better taste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02p-9...eature=related
Old Feb 2, 2011 | 04:42 PM

I would say WRX. Much better for DD and allot cheaper. I traded my 09 Rex in for an Evo and really enjoy the car but it is a pain for DD. If I play real nice I get about 220-240 miles a tank in the Evo where as I got over 300 in the Rex. The Evo does have much tighter steering but it's almost annoying for DD. The steering is very twitchy and any little movement results in sudden lane changes. Plus the gearing of the Evo means allot of shifting in traffic and the low end torque of the Rex helps move you along with traffic without surging when you hit boost like the Evo. Plus man all these people talking about auto-x and what not, you can keep up just fine with a new Rex. I rolled with allot of evo's and sti's through the twists and had no problem keeping up. I have several friends with both cars who auto-x allot and their times are always so close it doesn't really matter. If you plan to beat on it get the cheaper of the two and have fun.

Quick Reply: New Here: EVO or WRX