Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

tein s tech springs any good?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tein s tech springs any good?

i have a 2003 evo8 with 54k miles and i am planning on installing the tein s tech springs with everything else stock-struts,etc. does anyone have these on their evos? how does it drive and handle? thanks
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an '03 Evo 8 w about 90K and just bought the GTWorx street/track springs, but have yet to have them installed. I suggest those or the Swift springs as these two options are what most use for the Evo 8/9 set up. I do want to get the Bilstein HDs too as I have a lot of miles on my current shocks/struts. So, I will likely do this all at once.
If you search the forums you will find Swift as the favorite in either race or street (less extreme drop). There is a sticky for spring rates too I believe. Most seem to think that the Teins are a little bouncy from what I have read.
Hope this helps some, wish I could give you my take on the GTWorx, but not until I have them installed.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:41 PM

thanks dude, i just want a lower drop and still have ride quality but not spend that much money cuz my evo has lower miles so i dont have to replace my whole suspension, i just want lowering springs and want to know if anyone has the tein's and how it rides and handles.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

I recommend that you search these forums, including the wheel, tire, and suspension forum using "Tein S-tech". I read everything I could find. The majority of Evo owners who actually tried them hated them. Most even swapped the stock springs back in. Of those who kept the Teins, many said that they liked the lowed look even though they adversely affected the handling and alignment. What ever you choose, you should at least read up on other owners' experiences before you spend your money on these springs.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Go check out the official lowering springs thread on the show and shine section. Atleast you'll know what the s techs will look like and other springs too. Im sure you can find a better one than the s techs. I've heard swift springs actually held with handleing and still a smooth ride.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Dude I have them installed on my evo. Here's what it looks like:

This was the last photo I took before I put it on jack stands. It handles decent, like my pro-kits do on my se-r but not as harsh. then again I do have koni yellows with them.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:38 AM
Evolving Member

From what I have been reading these drop it pretty low (Confirmed by a bunch of pics) While it looks pretty nice, they ride like hell, and destroy the struts in the car because your constantly riding on the bump stops...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:30 AM

thanks for the help
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GreenAWD
From what I have been reading these drop it pretty low (Confirmed by a bunch of pics) While it looks pretty nice, they ride like hell, and destroy the struts in the car because your constantly riding on the bump stops...
I have to disagree. The ride quality isn't bad at all. Not sure what the struts are since I never installed them (previous owner did) but it's fairly comfortable.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:18 AM

what if i am keeping stock struts with 54k miles on them and just installing the tein s tech? is that ok, i dont drive that much anyway.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:18 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I drove an Evo on S-Techs/KYBs. The ride quality wasn't bad. The response of the suspension, however, was something to behold. I've never had an Evo hop its way around a corner before. The car was maybe at 7/10.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:20 AM

hey wazmunstr ur car looks good, i like that drop, u just have the tein s tech springs and thats all right? where can i get that black grill for the hood?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

I loved my s techs on my old evo ix. Ride was good and drop was spot on
Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

i liked the drop on my old evo w/ those springs... i picked up a used set of evo ix struts from a member on here and threw the teins on... the drop was nice, but it was hard to get it aligned properly after install, had it in the shop 4 times, the ride was a bit harsh also, one pebble on the ground sent you flying
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:17 PM

damn i guess im gonna go with the swift springs

Quick Reply: tein s tech springs any good?