Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My very troubled tranny job!!! advice please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face My very troubled tranny job!!! advice please

I bought my evo about 3 weeks ago, so needles to say im not familiar with the engine bay yet. I decided my first mod would be a 6 puck so saturday morning started on that in my buddies shop with air tools and all the right equipment to get started. We began our journey with pulling everything off the top of driver engine bay so we can get down to the tranny. Then drained transfer case and tranny fluid and pulled ehaust. Pulled axles and intermediate shafts out of tranny and had the engine/tranny hanging on a hoist. So WE began pulling bolts out of the tranny while rested on tranny jack... we had a little bit of a rough time getting it off due to the "hump" on the subframe! Put the clutch on and changed TOB and were ready to get back in. we tried the tranny jack first and restling it around to put it on but The "hump" on the subframe was in our way... we tried everything we could for honestly about 3 hours, we eventually gave up that night struggling getting that in, so time for some homework. i read these forums on tranny jobs and everybody didnt seem to have the same problem we did with installing the tranny back in the car. I also read up on the "evomoto" guide and they didnt seem to say anything about the subframe or pulling the subframe... well the next morning we ended up coming to the conclusion to just pull subframe and hang the rack and pinion while we put the tranny in, it also made it easier to put in the transfer case. The car is finished after a rough 18 hours but clutch works great. I am new to the evo engine bay so i was just looking for advice from all the experienced evo owners. Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paragraphs are your friend...

GL with the transmission.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW ^^^ That was so helpful. Thank you.