Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New

Ive had my ralliart since aug, joining a forum that i can find answers from experienced people
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Ultimate Racing Turboback Exhaust?

My exhaust is currently stock but i was debating getting a turboback exhaust from UR. My question is, how loud will it be? Its really hard to tell from videos but if anyone has heard or owns it would be great
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

The turbo back will be really loud..ive heard guys with just catbacks say its a little too loud.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

I have installed a Catback from UR with a resonator and in cabin is really loud. I would recommand a mini muffler and resonator if u do. The sound is really nice when driving though. Its a head turner for sure!

Just remember it is very loud!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Its all about what options you choose. If you go with the basic catback with no resonator and no mini muffler it will be loud. Since most people dont want to spend the extra money they dont get these and then they say its "too loud".

If you want it to be quite get all the options. Ive got just the mini muffler and its "quiet" at low RPMs and gets loud higher in the power band. I dont have any drone. Just got back from a 10hr road trip with no issues. Im going to be adding a resonator as Id like it to be quieter across the entire rpm range.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaJackson
Its all about what options you choose. If you go with the basic catback with no resonator and no mini muffler it will be loud. Since most people dont want to spend the extra money they dont get these and then they say its "too loud".

If you want it to be quite get all the options. Ive got just the mini muffler and its "quiet" at low RPMs and gets loud higher in the power band. I dont have any drone. Just got back from a 10hr road trip with no issues. Im going to be adding a resonator as Id like it to be quieter across the entire rpm range.

do you have any videos or sound clips?

Also, i found someone selling the midpiping from the catback so i was thinking of buying it but now im not sure
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

GST tune vs Cobb acessport?

Which one is better to get? I want to get something that i can tune my ecu but i dont really know much about the gst tunes that a lot of people get and i did a little research about cobb. If anyone can clarify the difference and prices, it would be great!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

IMOP I would only consider the GST flash.

\http://www.tactrix.com/

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=36&Itemid=58

http://www.evoscan.com/

http://www.gstmotorsports.com/store/...oducts_id=1050
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pbassist12
do you have any videos or sound clips?

Also, i found someone selling the midpiping from the catback so i was thinking of buying it but now im not sure
No I dont have any videos...although I do have a GoPro and the whole week off. I guess I could make some.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

It really depends on what you already have. If you have a laptop then using the GST flash is relatively easy. Just need to get the Tatrix and a couple programs (linked above). There is a bit of a learning curve to make sure you load the right files, dont touch any of the settings etc when reflashing the car.

If you dont have a laptop then getting the AP makes sense. From what Ive seen the AP is a pretty simple UI to follow to reflash the car. Overall they do about the same thing (cookie cutter tune). The big difference comes down to what you have and what you feel comfortable using.

In the end to get the most out of your car youll need a custom tune. Depending on who you go with they may have a preference on what they tune with.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i already have a laptop, but for getting mods, most of the maps are for stock RA's so im not sure how these maps would work
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

okay that would be great, should i not buy the midpipe then?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:30 PM

Have a look at the turbo xs, there exhaust is great and not to loud.

A few of the guys down here have the UR and its way to loud. There is some sound clips of the turbo xs exhaust on youtube.

Last edited by NICK(PMR); Mar 1, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: add
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

I love my UR turboback, not too loud, sounds great at all RPM
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

E-flashing is another option if you go the GST route and decide to mod. If you already have the Tactrix cable and laptop, half the battle is already done.