Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My Husband Bought me a New Evolution X, What do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Husband Bought me a New Evolution X, What do I need to know?

So this week my husband decided to get me a new Evolution X. Its the SE Evolution. What do I need to know about this car? Any personal experiences good and bad? I added a picture hopefully you can see it. Also is there anything I need to be careful with? I know these seem like dumb questions but I have never driven a car like this before.
Kim

[IMG]file:///Users/KCole15/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails My Husband Bought me a New Evolution X, What do I need to know?-photo.jpg  
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing you really need to know, besides your husband is a good man. Haha, enjoy. Just treat her well she'll treat you good back.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:31 PM

Thanks I'm getting used to it. It seems like the car downshifts so violently? I've never had a car that has done that before, its weird, or maybe I am weird idk.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well that would really all depend on what cars you have driven thus far. The SST is an aggressive shifter compared to tiptronic cars.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the new car. Most people will tell you to take it easy the first 500-1000 miles, which is the break in period for the car.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!! I wish I could afford to buy my g/f the se she is looking at. We are working on a deal though for her to get one!

Enjoy the car!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KCZUBEK
So this week my husband decided to get me a new Evolution X. Its the SE Evolution. What do I need to know about this car? Any personal experiences good and bad? I added a picture hopefully you can see it. Also is there anything I need to be careful with? I know these seem like dumb questions but I have never driven a car like this before.
Kim

[IMG]file:///Users/KCole15/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Congrats!

This car is an animal, be careful.

One fun trick is to put it in S-Sport mode and stomp on the gas, let's us know how that goes for you! Just be prepared, give yourself some straight road and make sure no one is around!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

You have good husband but, no one out there would go buy an Evo and not know much about it. Your husband must know everything about this car that is why he bought it for you.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
My wife has an Evo X too. Things to know...hmmm. It's one of the safest cars on the road. Always use premium gas (93 octane), no exceptions. Don't drive the stock tires in winter weather, even if the snow is light. The front bumper is low, so don't pull too far into parking spaces with curbs. Gas mileage varies widely depending on how hard you push the car, due to the turbo. Finally, the car can be made a lot faster with just a simple reprogram of the computer.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:49 PM

I don't think he understands cars the way some people on here do. I've been browsing posts and he can not do any of this stuff himself.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:51 PM

Good! @EVO8LTW there are other women who drive these cars!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Some people may try to race you on the street - ignore them. Other Evo owners will wave at you - return in kind.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Everyone is saying you must have a great husband to buy you a X. But I say you must be a great wife to deserve a car like that. I had my wife buy my civic si so I could go buy my evo. Read and ask questions as much as you can. Be safe and enjoy
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

welcome and congrats, your husband is a good man lol
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:17 PM

Question for you everyone, how many miles do you get per tank on your evolution? Just regular driving, not racing?