Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

another "bought an evo while looking for an sti" story

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another "bought an evo while looking for an sti" story

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, names Saeed and i just picked up my 2005 Evo 8 SSL two days ago and am loving every moment of it. I used to own a 2006 wrx three years ago and after selling it i have been missing the feeling of turbo and awd. I sold my wrx to get a more comfy luxury car and ended up getting a 07 Lexus IS250 6 speed rwd. The only problem i have with the car is the power. Dont get me wrong its a beautiful car and i will probably keep it forever but MD roads dont let me drive her year around. Always wanted an 04 STI and after searching i saw an evo and ended up liking it a lot more. So I kept my Lexus and shes chilling in the garage for the time being and my Evo is getting the daily beating from now on.

The old owner put a few parts on it and besides a few cosmetic mods everything will mainly stay the same...for now.

Mods:

Exterior
Polyurethane Varis style lip painted apex silver
BBS MR wheels
Apex Silver Vortex Generator
Red film on taillights
Black painted Brembo Calipers
35% window tint

Interior:
Kenwood head unit with auxiliary input
Autometer Boost Gauge
Authority Short Shifter with Chrome knob
Speed Source underhood shifter bushings
Greddy Turbo Timer
Sparco Pedals

Performance:
Tanabe GF 210 lowering springs
Hallman Pro Manual Boost Controller
K&N intake
Walbro Fuel Pump
Megan downpipe
Perrin High Flow Cat
Greddy SP2 catback exhaust(sounds great, not much louder than stock)
Stainless steel brake lines
Dyno Tuned at DTM Motorsports, makes about 285 horsepower at 22 psi on a mustang dyno.

The front lip will be coming off first because i dont think it flows very well. Looking to get a do luck replica or bayson r. Having a hard time finding any of them in stock anywhere. PM me if your interested in it.

The MR wheels that came with the car are also going up for sale or trade. Looking to get Rota grids possibly or MB Battles.

Planning on getting BC coilovers after i get my lip on. Now on to the PIX. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

The EVO:

My garage queen Lexus IS250:

Last edited by nogoEVO; Mar 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice what size wheels on the lex
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
Nice what size wheels on the lex
19x9 19x10 +21 all around.

Planning on getting the EVO on the same level Hella flush in the making.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

two sick cars, congrats man, i wish i could be ballin like that hehe but yea id keep the stock mr rims as a winter wheel set with all seasons or winter tires and get the rotas for the summer..
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by laxplayer14
two sick cars, congrats man, i wish i could be ballin like that hehe but yea id keep the stock mr rims as a winter wheel set with all seasons or winter tires and get the rotas for the summer..
good idea sir.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

About time you found your way over here. This is Evoluvin from WFC! Congrats again. See you around MD.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Evoluvin
About time you found your way over here. This is Evoluvin from WFC! Congrats again. See you around MD.
Hey thanks bro. Empty ur pm box cuz soon i will have many questions for you lol.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nogoEVO
Hey thanks bro. Empty ur pm box cuz soon i will have many questions for you lol.
lol no problem dude. Im in the learning stages for my evo also.. (even though I've had it for 5 years now) lol Its a constant learning curve. My Grids will be in by Mid April.... Can't wait! (The new Titanium Chrome). Watch out, you might start liking the Evo a lot more than the IS! There is SOOOO much out there for the Evo and make sure you read up on a lot of things to save you the time and money on the things NOT to do. But i am always here to help and since we are local that helps also.

I tried getting in touch with Stunnrstatus, but he wont answer my PM's or emails. He had 18x9.5 +20 Grids on his Evo. I asked him what size spacers he ran and how much camber he had in the front and rear if any. But again no response back.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Nice cars!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:50 PM

lol no problem dude. Im in the learning stages for my evo also.. (even though I've had it for 5 years now) lol Its a constant learning curve. My Grids will be in by Mid April.... Can't wait! (The new Titanium Chrome). Watch out, you might start liking the Evo a lot more than the IS! There is SOOOO much out there for the Evo and make sure you read up on a lot of things to save you the time and money on the things NOT to do. But i am always here to help and since we are local that helps also.

I tried getting in touch with Stunnrstatus, but he wont answer my PM's or emails. He had 18x9.5 +20 Grids on his Evo. I asked him what size spacers he ran and how much camber he had in the front and rear if any. But again no response back.
yeah man his evo is what really drew me to these cars. his was dope as hell. im pretty sure he sold it tho. Is there a wait for grids if i order now of just yours because of the finish?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

yeah man his evo is what really drew me to these cars. his was dope as hell. im pretty sure he sold it tho. Is there a wait for grids if i order now of just yours because of the finish?
I believe Different colors were in stock but not all colors. I forget which ones were in stock though. Just give them a call up. But if im not mistaken almost all the orders for Titanium Chrome were reserved.

Would you happen to know anyone local in MD that is GREAT at rolling fenders? I was going to take my car to IAG in Westminster to get mine done.

I was thinking of getting an IS as a DD since my ranger isn't the biggest or best. But i kinda need a truck or SUV with 4x4. I'm still undecided...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah he did sell it. Actually a guy on here bought his CCW's and put them on his evo. His Evo looks exactly like stunnrstatus's Evo. Same color and everything.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:06 PM

I believe Different colors were in stock but not all colors. I forget which ones were in stock though. Just give them a call up. But if im not mistaken almost all the orders for Titanium Chrome were reserved.

Would you happen to know anyone local in MD that is GREAT at rolling fenders? I was going to take my car to IAG in Westminster to get mine done.

I was thinking of getting an IS as a DD since my ranger isn't the biggest or best. But i kinda need a truck or SUV with 4x4. I'm still undecided...
lol that would be awesome. its a fun little car. I heard IAG is good but theyre expensive. I got the lexus done at this shop in rockville for $50 a fender but they didnt do a very good job heating up the fenders and all four corners started chipping. Shop is called revision auto but i bet there are others a lot closer to you. Ive done it on my old wrx before and if you can find a fender roller that you could rent out i would split the price with you and show you how its done. it just takes patience and time.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

lol that would be awesome. its a fun little car. I heard IAG is good but theyre expensive. I got the lexus done at this shop in rockville for $50 a fender but they didnt do a very good job heating up the fenders and all four corners started chipping. Shop is called revision auto but i bet there are others a lot closer to you. Ive done it on my old wrx before and if you can find a fender roller that you could rent out i would split the price with you and show you how its done. it just takes patience and time.
I've heard of revision. They mostly do body work? Time and patience + me= not good lol. How much do fender rollers run? I appreciate the offer! We might have to do that.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:41 PM

I've heard of revision. They mostly do body work? Time and patience + me= not good lol. How much do fender rollers run? I appreciate the offer! We might have to do that.
like 2-300 bux. Might be worth the investment but no one ever buys them.

Just bought a do luck replica front lip in carbon fiber.

It has begun!

Quick Reply: another "bought an evo while looking for an sti" story