Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo Owner in NORCAL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts
Car looks clean. I would say that the parts they took from you are useless. You just need bigger injectors, fuel pump, and a electronic boost control solenoid. Then get a tune from one of the norcal tuners. The way it felt at the dealership wont even compare to what it will feel like after you do this.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Some random dealership "re-tuned" the car?? Id say **** em and just get a good solid tune from somewhere.
What he said
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by getgoals7
when i first went to go test drive the car and do all the paperwork i noticed it was really fast it's been a while since i was in one so i don't know how fast a "stock" evo feels when driving, anyways i was told the car was stock, i asked them a few times if they were sure it was stock, and the salesman said "yes yes everything is stock" we did all the signing but they kept the car to do the smog check, when i picked up the car i noticed the difference in power, i asked the dealership what had happened and they said they had to change some "parts" to stock because it wouldn't pass smog. i asked for the parts and they are trying to sell them to me because according to them it was not part of the deal. the parts include HKS cams, blow of valve, injectors, a little computer thing that is probaly a boost controller, and they re-tuned the car to stock. so im trying to get all those parts because they were installed on the car when i bought it. what do you guys think???

Sounds to me like YOU agreed that you wanted the car STOCK... They gave you a stock car as you requested. So they are definitely not in the wrong here at the end of the day lol.

Nice car but $24K is in Evo X territory. Dunno about that in the end but as long as you are happy with your purchase then welcome to the community! The less Hondas/Nissans around the better lol.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Great choice and nice color! You will definetly enjoy the car!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TSimage
Sounds to me like YOU agreed that you wanted the car STOCK... They gave you a stock car as you requested. So they are definitely not in the wrong here at the end of the day lol.

Nice car but $24K is in Evo X territory. Dunno about that in the end but as long as you are happy with your purchase then welcome to the community! The less Hondas/Nissans around the better lol.

i decided to get the old body style so thats why i got this one. i would never drive a honda or nissan i have always owned vw's and bmw's this is my daily driver.

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:29 PM

so im looking for info on installing my cams but i have two questions? do i have to replace the camshaft seals and valve cover gasket???