Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo Owner in NORCAL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow New Evo Owner in NORCAL!!!!

hey guys i have been searching around for a while but never actually posted anything my name is jonathan and a few months ago i dicided to get a Evo, like everyone else i was between a Evo X or Evo 8-9 MR. 2 weeks ago i pulled the trigger and bought one. It's a 2005 WW Evo MR that i just love, the dealership kind of screwed me though but what can i expect from them hopefully i can work things out with them, anyways here are a few cell phone pics, i'll take some better ones this weekend.

Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

congrats man im sure your loving it. So how did the dealer ship screw you >?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:59 PM

love white, congrats man
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
congrats man im sure your loving it. So how did the dealer ship screw you >?

when i first went to go test drive the car and do all the paperwork i noticed it was really fast it's been a while since i was in one so i don't know how fast a "stock" evo feels when driving, anyways i was told the car was stock, i asked them a few times if they were sure it was stock, and the salesman said "yes yes everything is stock" we did all the signing but they kept the car to do the smog check, when i picked up the car i noticed the difference in power, i asked the dealership what had happened and they said they had to change some "parts" to stock because it wouldn't pass smog. i asked for the parts and they are trying to sell them to me because according to them it was not part of the deal. the parts include HKS cams, blow of valve, injectors, a little computer thing that is probaly a boost controller, and they re-tuned the car to stock. so im trying to get all those parts because they were installed on the car when i bought it. what do you guys think???
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some random dealership "re-tuned" the car?? Id say **** em and just get a good solid tune from somewhere.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:43 PM

thats what im going to do but im still trying to get those parts that belong to me from the dealership. do you guys think they should give me those parts with out any extra fees or im just crying too much and should just buy them from them they want $600 for all those things.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
$600 isnt a bad deal, the cams alone are almost that new. They should include the parts, but if they keep fighting you on them, then it up to you. You could try to threaten them with taking them to court or something, but that might be more than its worth?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taking them to court is probably not a good idea in CA. If they say it had to be changed to pass smog and you're telling a judge you want your illegal parts...it kinda looks bad.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by sho669
Taking them to court is probably not a good idea in CA. If they say it had to be changed to pass smog and you're telling a judge you want your illegal parts...it kinda looks bad.

lol yeah that's what i thought, it might not look right but i still signed all the paper work on the car with those parts installed, i don't know i might just break down and buy them, my wife will be pissed though thats for sure.jajaja
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks...but unless you have something signed in all the paperwork saying the car has that stuff installed/included you're kinda screwed. Dealer did what it had to do so they didn't have to deal with the law somebody should have caught that stuff before the paperwork was done though.

That is deff a clean looking car! Nice pickup!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:32 PM

thanks, it only has 40k miles too.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

nice, how much did ya pay?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:43 PM

i ended up getting it for $24k wich it might me kind of high but i had to get a white one with low milage, so i was ok with the price, i was going to fly to phoenix to pick a 06 WW MR but my bank only gave me the loan for a car in california.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

I love the white, it's too bad you're in California, otherwise you could actually mod the car...

As for your dealership, wow, what the **** do they think they're going to do with used parts lying around? And as you said, you signed and bought the car that you test drove, not the one they kept AFTER you signed for it.

A baseball bat and a balaclava late at night should fix it though...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

thats beautiful... I really wanted WW or GG but I ended up with silver... I don't mind the car still looks beautiful in person. Did you get it from a smaller dealership? I got mine from a Nissan dealership and the guy we worked with was very nice he told me he was keeping the extra parts for me before I even asked for them haha...