Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO X color Question!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WW owner and I love it black looks mean but pita to keep it looking good
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:34 PM

I raced a Phantom Black Evo X a couple nights ago and won by a landslide. So I would go with a faster color if I were you.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

I sell Mitsu's (and a lot of Evo's), and maybe that has something to do with it, but WW and PB are SOOO boring and overplayed. Out of my Evo inventory, 90% of them are WW or PB since they're safe colors, but omg they're dull.

I like how the GG looks at night, so it's what I ended up with for my RA.

I have a Rally Red sitting in the center of my showroom right now and I have to say - that DEFINES the Evo and Mitsubishi. If I ever upgrade to an X, it will probably be RR. I've seen enough WW/PB/GG to put me to sleep.

just my opinion though

Last edited by Exyia; Apr 12, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
I sell Mitsu's (and a lot of Evo's), and maybe that has something to do with it, but WW and PB are SOOO boring and overplayed. Out of my Evo inventory, 90% of them are WW or PB since they're safe colors, but omg they're dull.

I like how the GG looks at night, so it's what I ended up with for my RA.

I have a Rally Red sitting in the center of my showroom right now and I have to say - that DEFINES the Evo and Mitsubishi. If I ever upgrade to an X, it will probably be RR. I've seen enough WW/PB/GG to put me to sleep.

just my opinion though
Caution:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. In fact I would take it a step further and say that all grey scale colors are overplayed and boring at this point. White in particular is just a hot trend in cars right now, back in 2003 no one wanted a white car.

I think red is a great color, and blue (my color) also looks awesome.

Sorry don't mean to derail the thread, just past few years of car shopping has been frustrating for me since local dealers only stock white, black, and silver cars.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:11 PM

Don't get a WW - too many Wicked Whites out there - myself being one of them, haha!

Seriously though, I went with the WW because of the contrast of the black grill and vents (and my flat black summer rims) against the white looks awesome! At least I think so... I'm usually all about black, but I think with the PB you lose that contrast with the grill. Still looks awesome, just not as awesome as WW.

I think the RR looks best if you are looking to throw some carbon fiber accents on there - more so than the other colors.

I think the GG and AS look more "mature" - especially on an MR without a wing. I’m also a fan of the Octane Blue, but it’s just a bit too flashy for me… Rotor Glow is the only color I’m not a huge fan of, but I’ve only seen it on a Ralliart…

But that’s just my opinion(s)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bsquad
I think the GG and AS look more "mature"

I agree but you forgot PB. i would say the OB and RR are nice but there just to flashy like "hey look at me". Im not trying to do that, if im driving my PB X only ppl that need to be lookin at me are those ppl that know what it is im driving. Oh dont forget cops,if i can spot a OB and RR from a mile away they can too.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:39 PM

I didnt even look for anything but WW. If I had to choose another color it would be GG and then PB. Black is so hard to keep clean!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bsquad
Don't get a WW - too many Wicked Whites out there - myself being one of them, haha!

Seriously though, I went with the WW because of the contrast of the black grill and vents (and my flat black summer rims) against the white looks awesome! At least I think so... I'm usually all about black, but I think with the PB you lose that contrast with the grill. Still looks awesome, just not as awesome as WW.

I think the RR looks best if you are looking to throw some carbon fiber accents on there - more so than the other colors.

I think the GG and AS look more "mature" - especially on an MR without a wing. I’m also a fan of the Octane Blue, but it’s just a bit too flashy for me… Rotor Glow is the only color I’m not a huge fan of, but I’ve only seen it on a Ralliart…

But that’s just my opinion(s)

If you haven't bought... dont buy a WW..there a dime a dozen...get something diff...PB or GG. Just dont fall for the " Evo's just look better in WW"
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gundie22
I didnt even look for anything but WW. If I had to choose another color it would be GG and then PB. Black is so hard to keep clean!

YES. It is a B***h to keep clean but after two hours of cleaning and detailing it. Its just sparkles in the Sun. I had a Guy pull up next to me in a Viper telling how nice it was when its clean.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:17 PM

Honestly you should just get the color you like the most. Not the color that other people think you should get...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by highlyevolved
Caution:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. In fact I would take it a step further and say that all grey scale colors are overplayed and boring at this point. White in particular is just a hot trend in cars right now, back in 2003 no one wanted a white car.

I think red is a great color, and blue (my color) also looks awesome.

Sorry don't mean to derail the thread, just past few years of car shopping has been frustrating for me since local dealers only stock white, black, and silver cars.
It's annoying to mostly order PB/WW/GG, but a ~40k car has to be a safe order, otherwise it sits on your lot until it's a year old and you lose so much money on it just for one customer to take it off your hands. They're just too expensive to "be creative" from a business standpoint

Anyway, I think the whole "sleeper" concept is kind of silly for Evo X's. There's almost NOTHING subtle about the styling. Evo's always attract attention, color doesn't really make a difference. The only "low profile" Evo's are probably wingless PB and WW, but the Evo is styled to be aggressive - I don't understand the "sleeper" Evo concept. I like the sleeper theme on crazy Honda builds or BMW's, but everyone knows the Evo is fast - you can't hide it
Old Apr 13, 2011, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea see, i like Octane Blue a lot but i don't really like to stick out, if i were to choose any color, it might be Octane Blue but i don't like the fact that i can be spotted, and black, i have always loved black on a car, i know it can get dirty quickly but im used to it, i have a black honda. lol

regardless, it may be between those three colors. most likely Phanton Black if not WW, and if not WW then GG.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ww
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:48 PM

GG FTW! I wish I would have gotten it.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:07 PM

WW looks awesome, problem is everyone else agrees so there are a ton out there. Black looks sweet but black is a PITA to take care of (it's always dirty) so it comes down to GG and Octane Blue.

Quick Reply: EVO X color Question!