Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

ACD lights come on ... Ive searched

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
after you drive in the heat, check the fluid level.

i did that yesterday and it appears in the heat the system is sucking in more fluid causing it to go a bit below the min line. im wondering if this is contributing.

i also believe the "service limit" on the fluid is 50k miles. It is ATF and has a life, so it may be worth a flush/bleed. thats my plan of attack.

im still curious if anyone runs any non Mistu fluid tho, ie the amsoil SP3 equivalent.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bleed the system jack the car up on all fours look for leaks after you take the front bumper off inspect the tubes from the canister that holds the fluid going to the acd pump. Then check the hard-line to the pump I highly doubt there is a leak there. Then bleed the system like this

Have someone sit in the car then you get underneath the car and bleed the system using a brake bleeder it costs 8 bucks from autozone. There is a nipple right underneath the acd the passenger side connects to it. Then take off the nipple cover,connect the brake bleeder to it.

Then have your assistant turn the car in the on position and dont start it then hold foot all the way down on the gas to activate pump for like 2 seconds to pump the air out. It will then push air out of the system then you can bleed the bubbles out with the brake bleeder kit which is essential to getting out the air in the system because the fluid in the cup does not let the air get back into the system when you open up the bleeder on the transfercase.

So now remember tools needed
1 assistant
1 brake bleeder kit
1 10mm wrench
1 jack and four jack stands to work safely under the car.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been convinced that it is the thickness of the liquid on a hot day i am around 60000 miles so im sure that the diaqueen 3 is not as consistent as it used to be
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sessanator18
i have been convinced that it is the thickness of the liquid on a hot day i am around 60000 miles so im sure that the diaqueen 3 is not as consistent as it used to be
Yeah thats exactly why im very tempted to try out the amsoil sp3 equivalent.

but i can find zero info on it around here.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3voMR
**SIDE NOTE**

I recieved a pm the other day with a bit of helpful informaiton for other folks out there with this problem as well. The pm came from "frankmc".

For those of you with a Tactrix cable and EvoScan the first part is not needed per say. Thanks to frankmc for the info.
Where in evoscan does it tell you ACD fault codes?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
When it is hot out the fluid is thinner and the pressure goes down.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
When it is hot out the fluid is thinner and the pressure goes down.
yes thats understood, the question is has anyone done anything about it/tried other fluid.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:13 PM

I just changed all my fluids to amsoil 2 weeks ago and have the same issues on warm days. All I do is shut off the car and start it back up and the lights go away. I had it done at CBRD so I will find out if it was bleed or not. I think that might be my issue.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Any updates guys? My IX is at 80k and has the same problem.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

i noticed today that even when in the garage if i turn the car on and activate the pump, it will suck the fluid to below the min line, even tho the fluid is at the max line when the system has been off overnight. i think i am going to try putting in a little extra fluid for now, i dont have time to bleed/lush new fluid.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

i just hit 82k and have gotten the lights as well, i assumed it was the tactrix cable, since i leave it plugged in all the time, until it started bothering me and i realized it does it w/o the cable.

i have attempted to bleed the system, but only did it a couple of "rounds" seemed to take a while for the fluid to evacuate the system. im not sure if i didnt do it long enough or if i have another issue, im going to attempt to check for trouble codes to make sure its not something else.

has anyone had any luck?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmcmill3
i just hit 82k and have gotten the lights as well, i assumed it was the tactrix cable, since i leave it plugged in all the time, until it started bothering me and i realized it does it w/o the cable.

i have attempted to bleed the system, but only did it a couple of "rounds" seemed to take a while for the fluid to evacuate the system. im not sure if i didnt do it long enough or if i have another issue, im going to attempt to check for trouble codes to make sure its not something else.

has anyone had any luck?

This
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10027348-post223.html
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:03 AM

i got the same problem too
my VIII MR has around 17k miles on it and all ACD lights show up
but when i switch it off and start engine again everything seems normal
i refill the fluid and activate the pump. i heard pump working sound and it works fine for a while then the light show up again
but for the past 3 days, there's no problem with ACD anymore and i don't know why bcos i did nothing with it.
will get an update if there's anything on ACD problem. hope everything alright

fyi: ACD lights show up when it detects pump failure or sensor failure (relay)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 07:01 AM

I have a similar but different problem. My car will start up and warm up, once it's sitting and idling everything remains fine however from the moment I start moving, I hear the ACD pump activate.
Then if I am decelerating in a gear, I hear a kinda humming noise coming from the rear and the three acd lights come on. After driving for about a minute with my foot on the gas and not decelerating, I can switch off the car and switch back on immediately, drive however I like and the lights remain off. I'm guessing it's taking a while for the system to build pressure?

Originally Posted by ohmohm
i got the same problem too
my VIII MR has around 17k miles on it and all ACD lights show up
but when i switch it off and start engine again everything seems normal
i refill the fluid and activate the pump. i heard pump working sound and it works fine for a while then the light show up again
but for the past 3 days, there's no problem with ACD anymore and i don't know why bcos i did nothing with it.
will get an update if there's anything on ACD problem. hope everything alright

fyi: ACD lights show up when it detects pump failure or sensor failure (relay)
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

I'm starting to have this issue also. on cool days no problems, but on hot days after 10 minutes of driving all 3 will come on until I turn it off.
What I've noticed also, if i go back to the stock air box, no issues at all on cold or hot days.