Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Random Guy:why is your car white but paint your hood black? is that a new thing now?
Me: its carbon fiber sir
Random Guy: Like the stuff in food?!
Me: -_____-
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2004EvoVIII
I had this happen too - some little kid, about 10, was walking back from the fairgrounds with his parents and my car was still running from the turbo timer and he was yelling and pointing and his parents were staring at it and looking at me as I walked away, so I just let it run and then just as the mom turned away from my car to get into hers it shut off and she almost broke her neck whipping around so fast!

same thing happened to me when i was at the gas station back then when i was driving my 240sx with rb25. the guy asked me if my key is broken.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:13 PM

It's amazing that we're still getting things like this some 8 years after the first Evos came stateside!

My favorites:

"Your car is still running!" I had a turbo timer.

"Who did that body kit?" (stock IX MR)

"Daddy! Look at that fast car! Can I ride home with you, lady?" Little kid to his dad. Poor guy. We were leaving the gym and he was getting into his VW GTI.

And I got this one the evening I was driving my current X home:

"OMG I've never seen a GTR in real life!" (yes, he actually said "oh em gee")
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bizzlex
Driving home there is a 4 way intersection, i turn down my street where a girl is sitting at the stop sign waiting. She looks at the back of my car, points and says Hey! There is a park bench on your car.

i also get " What kind of car is that" or "Is that an STI" and i love when rednecks with their cummings diesel trucks try to "Lay smoke on me" .. the one guy said he was pushing 45 lbs of boost out of his truck... i said nice......

fyi: Im one of those "rednecks" who had a Cummins (not cummings) but id still take my RA
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:37 PM

A guy comes to me at a gas station while I was filling up. He looked at the rear of my trunk and asked me what kind of car it was and is it fast. What? Dude was staring dead at the evolution badge and the mitsu emblem. "I think it's a Mitsubishi Evolution" as I walk to the back and read it. "Yeah, it's a Mitsubishi Evolution."
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

I was about to get into my car at the store when the guy parked next to me ask me how I like my 2011 STI. . . I told him I love my 2010 Evo.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PKEVO8
I was accelerating at a green light getting into boost a little. I shifted from 2-3, my DV goes off, and the guy next to me shouts, "OH SH_T!!"

Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:46 AM

does it come with stickers???!!

"facepalm"
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:36 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Years ago I went to Walmart in the middle of the night. Came out and saw three stock clerks standing around the car (IX RS) arguing whether it's an Evo or not:

Them - Is that a real Evo?
Me - Yes.
Them - How come it doesn't have a wing?
Me - It's a RS. It doesn't come with a wing.
Them - We thought you said it was an Evo.

True story.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-had a dealer giving a test drive in a mustang on my a$$ in a 25mpg zone, he tried to pass and i boosted when he got next to me, at the stop sign he asked "is that turboed", yes, "what kind", stock, "nice", i think you sell cars and know nothing about this???

-visiting old car friend and his cousin says and "DAMN that a bad a$$ lancer", both of us "NO its an evo" then my friend tells me how he his focus runs 8's and he killed and evo and sti on the street (all he has is an intake and header)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
"Hey, is that red thing (tow hook) where you screw in NOS?"
"Are Evos super charged?"
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Years ago I went to Walmart in the middle of the night. Came out and saw three stock clerks standing around the car (IX RS) arguing whether it's an Evo or not:

Them - Is that a real Evo?
Me - Yes.
Them - How come it doesn't have a wing?
Me - It's a RS. It doesn't come with a wing.
Them - We thought you said it was an Evo.

True story.
That's a good one
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Just driving my evo through town with some friends in the car, we stopped at a red light. Old gentleman pulled up to my right with his window down. He politely asked for directions cause he was from the UK. So I offered him help and told him to follow me. Now don't think I just pulled away or drove fast. I stayed within the speed limits due to the abundance of cops in the area. He followed for a few miles, then got to a point he recognized. He pulled up again window down to thank us for the help and said in his very Jeremy Clarkson, British voice "I bet that car goes through petrol like $hit through a goose!" We all laughed about it because we watch Top Gear so much and only the "Brits" could come up with something so random.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mclaren
Just driving my evo through town with some friends in the car, we stopped at a red light. Old gentleman pulled up to my right with his window down. He politely asked for directions cause he was from the UK. So I offered him help and told him to follow me. Now don't think I just pulled away or drove fast. I stayed within the speed limits due to the abundance of cops in the area. He followed for a few miles, then got to a point he recognized. He pulled up again window down to thank us for the help and said in his very Jeremy Clarkson, British voice "I bet that car goes through petrol like $hit through a goose!" We all laughed about it because we watch Top Gear so much and only the "Brits" could come up with something so random.

Literally just Laughed really loudly and my service manager is giving me the stink eye but yes I can definetly see that and I could definetly see Clarkson saying that as well
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:00 AM

Some tool next to me at a red light the other night in an s10 blazer with at least three different color body panels says, "Hey that thing CAN'T be fast, I can't even hear the blow off (stock 9 bv) Follow me to my house and I will show you something fast!" I said no thanks.