Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by genoks
hey bro nice car, does it come with a supercharged turbo? FML
WHAT ???

when i owned mine, i got off work about 11pm and went to the local sonic to get something to eat before heading home. i could see the girls and guys in the kitchen pointing and talking about my car, so i was feeling pretty proud.... girl comes out and says everyone really liked my car, so i was polite and told her thanks. offfered her a ride after she got off work, but she declined.

then she told me that one one the guys inside wanted to know if i would be up for a race with his neon.... what ??
Old Mar 1, 2013, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil red '03
WHAT ???

when i owned mine, i got off work about 11pm and went to the local sonic to get something to eat before heading home. i could see the girls and guys in the kitchen pointing and talking about my car, so i was feeling pretty proud.... girl comes out and says everyone really liked my car, so i was polite and told her thanks. offfered her a ride after she got off work, but she declined.

then she told me that one one the guys inside wanted to know if i would be up for a race with his neon.... what ??

For some reason I thought she was going to tell you one of the guys would love to have a ride.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally had a positive comment....

I pull up to my local gas station (same one I've been using since I got my X) and he *finally* noticed my car.

I walked in and he was like "Nice car that thing looks MEAN! What is it and who makes it?".

I was quite amazed to be honest. I find little import love here in MI so that was refreshing.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toyotabike
For some reason I thought she was going to tell you one of the guys would love to have a ride.
legit same thing i was thinking lol... wouldnt surprise me at all
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by acidtonic
Finally had a positive comment....

I pull up to my local gas station (same one I've been using since I got my X) and he *finally* noticed my car.

I walked in and he was like "Nice car that thing looks MEAN! What is it and who makes it?".

I was quite amazed to be honest. I find little import love here in MI so that was refreshing.
yea man, thats always awesome to hear.

and along the same lines, not really a comment, but i get a lot of thumbs up from other people that drive by in WRXs, or what have you, and i wave/give them a thumbs up back.

it puts a smile on their face, that mutual respect, that they know what i have and appreciate it.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Anymore cool stories to share...
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:25 PM

My evo has a pink Mitsubishi diamond on the hood and license plates that say EVO GRL. Almost every year at the track I'm sitting in my car in the staging lanes and guys constantly ask...
"Is this your car?"
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

I was at a red light this past Saturday with 1 other Evo X (a friend of mine going for a cruise) and a SUV pulled up with the windows down. I noticed a little girl sitting in the back seat probably something like 3 or 4 years old, and she started shouting, "daddy look at the car, look at it, look at the blue car daddy!" I lol'd and drove off. That's the first positive experience I've had with it LOL.

In other news, my manager was asking about my "new" car. Conversation went like this
Manager - Hey what kind of car did you get
Me - It's a Lancer Evolution X
Manager - Oh you mean the Subaru?
Me - facepalm, no it's a Mitsubishi
Manager - But it's like the Subaru right?
Me - yea, kind of like the difference in light beer and regular....
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Has anyone else ever seen random people walk up to the evo 8/9 and put their hands over the hood vent to see if there is heat coming from it? BAHHA
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Has anyone else ever seen random people walk up to the evo 8/9 and put their hands over the hood vent to see if there is heat coming from it? BAHHA
well what's worse is when you're parked and people come up and put their hand on the hood and lean over to look inside the vent... where I come from you don't touch a car that isn't yours. Look but don't ever touch, it's just disrespectful
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:22 AM

The most recent one.
"Is that a Toyota?"
I almost cried.

Scared a group of guys who were "pretending" to steal my car by pressing my remote start on. (They were coworkers)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Some pompous idiot driving a new ford explorer who I had brake-checked a couple miles back for riding my *** drove up next to me at a light and told me to "take my car back to the Subaru dealership for driving to slow" ...as if my allowing him to ride my *** on a crowded highway was going to get him home any quicker

also, don't think subaru is going to accept my 2002 Mitsubishi as a return
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Had a guy at work that supposedly works at a diesel shop as a mechanic or something ask me if that is a intercooler and if it was turbo'd when he heard the bov. I said no it was my exposed radiator he just stared at me.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WangMan
Some pompous idiot driving a new ford explorer who I had brake-checked a couple miles back for riding my *** drove up next to me at a light and told me to "take my car back to the Subaru dealership for driving to slow" ...as if my allowing him to ride my *** on a crowded highway was going to get him home any quicker

also, don't think subaru is going to accept my 2002 Mitsubishi as a return

I liked this one. Lol.
Take that POS back to the dealer, way too slow.

Actually around here, the exotic cars like lambs, porches, ect they all drive super slow to show off.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:22 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by toyotabike

I was waiting for that, lol