Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jager89
Had a guy in a 3000gt ask me if it was turbo'd, and of course, is that a performance radiator?!

I also go to an auto school, and was recharging my AC, and this group of guys come up and start asking me questions like," how do you drive in the rain with that hole in your hood?!" ( Completely sincere and wasn't sarcasm at all.)
"How quickly does it accelerate?"
LOL I know that feel man I've gotten both of those. I live in New Jersey where people pump your gas for you and one of the attendants was like "What happens when water gets in there." I smiled and just said that's stock ask Mitsubishi.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
"Whoa!!"

That's what my 17 month old son said the other day when I got on it in 2nd gear. I almost never go WOT with him in the car so that's the first time I've ever gotten a reaction from him. Priceless moment!!
Old May 30, 2013, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten, "That's a sweet subaru you got there."
I looked at them and said,"you're joking right?"
I then explained the difference. Why dont people just ask what it is before they assume what it is. I get the same reaction when people look at my 1972 Celica. They call it a mustang, camaro, or challenger.
Now I had a starbucks guy ask if that was my car. I said, "why wouldnt it be?
Damn it America. Girls can drive Evos too. Then he told me about how he wants a subaru over an evo. I just walked away.
Old May 30, 2013, 03:04 PM

Pulled into a Toys r' us with my mum in the passenger seat. A little boy no more than 5 or 6 standing one stall over says "Nice Evo" as I get out. Couldn't have made my day more.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
People ask me do you use AMSOIL in your Evo ?
Old May 30, 2013, 05:49 PM

Is this a honda?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by nirvancol
I was at a red light yesterday when a guy in a gst eclipse with a hot blonde in the back pulled up next to me...
Dude: wanna trade cars?
Me: I already had one of those
Dude: trade for the girl?

haha awesome
Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tend to make appearances at every local meet around here at least once...

Go to this newly organized one(Bunch of highschool/20ish year olds) And I pull in, everyone there gathers around my car and starts asking whats done to it... (Literally everything that I could have upgraded in my engine besides the block itself has been upgraded/ported etc) I JUST get done mentioned my billet crank and my Manley rods etc. Then the guy asks... "so whats done to the bottom end?" Took everything in me not to say... "Do you know where the crank/rods are on a motor?"
Old Jun 21, 2013, 06:42 AM

Over the past 3 days or so, I have read every page of this thread... Needless to say, I now want to trade in my 350z for an Evo even more now!!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pssst
Tend to make appearances at every local meet around here at least once...

Go to this newly organized one(Bunch of highschool/20ish year olds) And I pull in, everyone there gathers around my car and starts asking whats done to it... (Literally everything that I could have upgraded in my engine besides the block itself has been upgraded/ported etc) I JUST get done mentioned my billet crank and my Manley rods etc. Then the guy asks... "so whats done to the bottom end?" Took everything in me not to say... "Do you know where the crank/rods are on a motor?"

almost similar thing happened to me. i mentioned my manley rods and forged pistons, dood asked if it was built. i was like no that **** was superglued to the subwoofer in the trunk
Old Jun 23, 2013, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Bring this back.

Gave a friend a ride in the evo today. His only comment was, I think your truck is faster.
(damn you throttle body shaft seal leak)
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:09 AM

Why did you buy that massive wing? Why does it make a tornado noise when you start driving? Had numerous people ask me if it is faster than a STi
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:31 AM

Gave my friend a ride home and he asked me when I was gonna turbo it. Lol
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:39 AM

Had a guy come up to me while pumping gas, he said "oh man thats my favorite car, twin turbo evo." I just got in my car with a smile and drove off.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:50 PM

Oh forgot one thing. My buddy asked me why I don't have the stock gauges. I told him mine doesn't come with them to which he says: "Oh so this isn't turbo?" I go what do you mean? "You don't have a boost gauge so this isn't the turbo version."