Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only had the car a month but I have already had at least three people say "What IS that?!" with a very befuddled look on their face as they stare at the front end.

Also, a salesman at one of the dealerships near me told me how he was really wanting to "get back in the scene" so he was "thinking" about swapping an Evo drivetrain into his outlander. I ended up buying from a different dealership.

Side note, I have had an obnoxious number of Mustangs trying to race me since I got this car. Not sure what the deal with that is.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 06:25 PM
Maz

Originally Posted by Drew1
How is it an insult? Whoever bought it should know it's an automatic. It's just like the people who say a Honda S2000 is a mid engine car because the engine sits behind front axles.
Incorrect sir. It not an automatic rather it is an "Automated Manual Transaxle"

Begin at 3:44...

Old Aug 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fasterbater
Person " Why is your car so noisy?"

Me " Because it is fast"

Person " But it sounds broken"

Me " Some of it is broken, but most of it is still fast"
This is awesome, I feel like I have to explain that most the noises my are makes are mostly my QM twin. And that its normal for my car to sound like hell.

Also every time some one sees my accusump the first thing they say is NOS!

Last edited by gotpsi?; Aug 13, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Maz

Evo X Training Video Part 3 - YouTube
Great video but... why does it look and sound like it was made in the 80's!?!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 06:45 AM

The guy bashing th sst, should really check out the schematics of a regular automatic trans.and then the schematics of a dual clutch trans, then go for a ride in some of the newer cars with a paddle shift or manual mode then a ride in dual clutch car. Check out shift response time. Hopefully he'll see the difference and that the dual clutch is made up of 2 seperate transmissions molded togeather and one boasting the even gears and the other half holding odd gears

Last edited by LANCERSALLNIGHT; Aug 14, 2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BluEvo210
Right, so you're definitely an insecure kid who feels the need to insult people's cars, even if they're fellow Evo owners. Got it.
Wait, wut?
I love when people call other people on this site "kids" when they have never seen or met said person. One could deduce that the mere act of calling someone else a "kid" in this circumstance would most assuredly point to the fact that the one doing the name calling is indeed subconsciously insecure about their own "inexperienced" age thus projecting his or her inner awkwardness onto others for seemingly no reason at all.

Ok screw it... AM NOT, YOU ARE!

Originally Posted by LANCERSALLNIGHT
The guy bashing th sst, should really check out tye schematics of a regular automatic trans.and then the schematics of a dual clutch trans, then go for a ride in some of the newer cars with a paddle shift or manual mode that rent dual clutch and then ones that are. Check out shift response time.
No one was bashing the SST! Again, insecurities are the root of all evil.
I simply posed the question why SST owners refuse to accept that their vehicles are, without a fking doubt, automatics. Dual clutch, quintuple clutch, maybe some really really cool kind of clutch I've never heard of (Old School reference), the fact that the car can switch gears without any input from the driver makes the MR an automatic no matter how slice it.

Alas, the fact remains that if this is what you're into, fantastic for you! No one said the SST was inferior and no one "bashed" anyone here for owning one. I just posed the simple question "why can't you call it what it is?"

Didn't mean to harsh everyone's mellow.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
Wait, wut?
I love when people call other people on this site "kids" when they have never seen or met said person. One could deduce that the mere act of calling someone else a "kid" in this circumstance would most assuredly point to the fact that the one doing the name calling is indeed subconsciously insecure about their own "inexperienced" age thus projecting his or her inner awkwardness onto others for seemingly no reason at all.

Ok screw it... AM NOT, YOU ARE!

No one was bashing the SST! Again, insecurities are the root of all evil.
I simply posed the question why SST owners refuse to accept that their vehicles are, without a fking doubt, automatics. Dual clutch, quintuple clutch, maybe some really really cool kind of clutch I've never heard of (Old School reference), the fact that the car can switch gears without any input from the driver makes the MR an automatic no matter how slice it.

Alas, the fact remains that if this is what you're into, fantastic for you! No one said the SST was inferior and no one "bashed" anyone here for owning one. I just posed the simple question "why can't you call it what it is?"

Didn't mean to harsh everyone's mellow.
I'm with this guy. If it shifts on it's own it's automatic, end of story!

That being said, I think you guys need to start another thread if you want to continue to debate the topic and quit clouding up an awesomely entertaining thread with cyber arguing.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LANCERSALLNIGHT
The guy bashing th sst, should really check out the schematics of a regular automatic trans.and then the schematics of a dual clutch trans, then go for a ride in some of the newer cars with a paddle shift or manual mode then a ride in dual clutch car. Check out shift response time. Hopefully he'll see the difference and that the dual clutch is made up of 2 seperate transmissions molded togeather and one boasting the even gears and the other half holding odd gears
And since you edited your post while I was typing my response, I'll reply to your changes.

I have driven some of the most exotic cars on the planet. Ferrari Scuderia, Porsche GT2/GT3, Ford GT, Porsche Carrera GT, the list goes on...

Have you ever revved a top of the line Ferrari to redline gliding through each gear instantaneously pulling endlessly until you are fearful for your safety and the safety of those around you?

Guess what, the best "paddle shifty" transmissions on the planet are still, wait for it, automatics.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maz

K you realize you just wrote "incorrect sir, it's not an automatic, it's automated", right?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
K you realize you just wrote "incorrect sir, it's not an automatic, it's automated", right?
Hey those are two completely different words... /Sarcasm
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Hey those are two completely different words... /Sarcasm
My bad... I am waiting for him to chime in saying he was being "ironical", but I fear I'll be waiting an awfully long time...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
I'm with this guy. If it shifts on it's own it's automatic, end of story!

That being said, I think you guys need to start another thread if you want to continue to debate the topic and quit clouding up an awesomely entertaining thread with cyber arguing.
These guys get it. Haters gonna hate, automatics gonna shift automatically. End of story.

No one cares, Really.

So, can we get past this and get back to the funny, entertaining stories? No more butt hurt or insecure "kids" or "old people".

I do, however agree with the fact that automated and automatic are the same thing haha.
The clutch really makes the manual a manual.

Last edited by stvn87903; Aug 14, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:21 AM

"ill eat that thing alive" ......drives a single cam honda -______-
i get **** from honda kids waaaay too much lol
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:28 AM

"Why are your exhaust tips blue??"
I have the invidia q300 on my evo
Old Aug 14, 2013, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stvn87903
These guys get it. Haters gonna hate, automatics gonna shift automatically. End of story.

No one cares, Really.

So, can we get past this and get back to the funny, entertaining stories? No more butt hurt or insecure "kids" or "old people".
I do apologize for getting carried away - it's just not in me to shrug off being called out like that.

To get things back on track:

A friend of mine thinks it's hilarious to call my Evo a Lancer. It actually is funny how much humor he finds in it.

He just started his MBA program at USC and last week sent me the text below.