Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Technically, a blow-off valve is only opened by the boost that it is holding, while diverter valves and compressor bypass valves are (mostly) opened by intake vacuum, instead. But we're kind of missing the point of this thread with this discussion, eh?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
-Friends that look behind the motor(intake mani area) and ask where the turbo is
-"I'm going to buy an evo and put a manual transmission in it"
-Nice car, is that the Evo 6

Last edited by IzzyRS; Jan 14, 2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by shekaar
Had my car at the dealership for a CEL that came on, front o2 sensor issue. 6k miles on the car, they told me should be warranty when I dropped it off in the morning. I get a call later that afternoon, saying because of my mods, I would have to pay the diagnosis fee for them to even check it out. I advise that I will pick it up after work, and take it elsewhere.

When I get the car back, they list my modifications. They list upper piping, intake (both accurate), and "upgraded intercooler."

I have a stock FMIC.

Probably won't be taking my car back there anymore.
Yea that's the chappy thing owning one of these ralliart or evolution alike the slightest hint of any mod work done and they'll try and charge you for warranty work the dealer gets money directly for paid work Iif it's warranty they get less and only gget paid for the labor and it'sa lesser fee than they would charge. Then they put yyou're car on a list so they know it was molded even if you return it to stock like upper and lower piping even a turbo vback is relatively an easy swap but they'll be like "heywait" it's also why they require you to take you're car in for maintaining like tune ups oil changes etc. There's no real harm in having a shop do you're tune up or oil cchange they just want the money

p's sorry for the typos Idk my pphones adding ddouble letters for some reason
Old Jan 15, 2014, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sheepy77
Went to pick up some Chinese food and some random guy pops out of nowhere, saying nice car, I thank him for the compliment when he asked if it was a six speed, I replied yes, then he asked if it was manual.......
This seems to be a common, "Look at this person asking me if my 6spd is a real manual".

Remember the X has been on the market for ~6 years now. Most people that are just now getting interested in Evo's might think the older gens are using the SST 6spd too. It might of been a question from someone with genuine interest.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My uncle saw my Evo X for the first time and said "oh that looks like a BMW. It has that slick modern look like BMW". I've never seen an Evo and thought of BMW
Old Jan 25, 2014, 01:25 PM

went to autozone yester day and the worker said sweet lancer did you get that after market wing on ebay i want one for my civic lmao!!!!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:36 PM

Location: Oakland county Michigan, where the suburban kids act ghetto and hard cause if they do it in Detroit they'll get shot.
Hahaha, Lmfao that reminds me of honda wants to know about dsm youtube video. I just almost p*ssed my pants.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:29 AM

Bump... I love this thread!

Can't believed I actually spent my last 2 work weeks (break times only) back reading this thread. Leaves me LOL most of the times...

Keep the stories coming!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:38 AM

Lancers with evo body kits are common here in Manila...

Last weekend, I went to one of the malls here in Manila. As I was parking my car, an American Family with 2 male kids (about 5 or 6 & the other about 3 or 4) were walking towards their car (Ford Expedition). The older kid was holding a die cast model of an Evo VI.

When he saw my car (parking beside their car), he yells to his dad "Dad, it's like my toy! (with eyes wide open)" While the younger kid was pulling his mommy shouting "mom, look a race car!"

The dad smiled at me & said "Nice Car". I smiled & told the kid "nice toy, yours a newer generation". Then I thanked the dad as well & went on my way.

I can't wipe off the smile on my face the rest of the day.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Why don't you get nitrous?"

Facepalm.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonic_1

Last weekend, I went to one of the malls here in Manila. As I was parking my car, an American Family with 2 male kids (about 5 or 6 & the other about 3 or 4) were walking towards their car (Ford Expedition). The older kid was holding a die cast model of an Evo VI.

When he saw my car (parking beside their car), he yells to his dad "Dad, it's like my toy! (with eyes wide open)" While the younger kid was pulling his mommy shouting "mom, look a race car!"

The dad smiled at me & said "Nice Car". I smiled & told the kid "nice toy, yours a newer generation". Then I thanked the dad as well & went on my way.

Thats really awesome. Definitely made that kids day!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 07:15 PM

Yep... Totally made our day!
Old Feb 7, 2014, 07:26 AM
OC
Evolving Member

Stranger asks what kind of car that is?
You reply with its a evo.
He says I used to have one of those. But mine came with a limited edition STI package.
I smh and walked away.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 07:33 AM
OC
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonic_1

That sounds like what happened to me. I was walking out of a grocery store with my wife when I saw a 10 year boy standing next to my car. He walked around it while his parents waited. I walked up and ask its a pretty cool car isn't it. He replied yes I love it. I ask if he knew the owner he said no. I told him that would be me. Then I let him look inside and under the engine bay. Made his day. He walked back to his parents saying mom omg that was the coolest car I've ever seen. One day I want to own one of those. I smiled. Made my whole month. He was precious.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
I had one the other day. My mom called me to see if I could take her to one of her dr's appointments being my father was out of the house, so I said sure mom no problem. Drove over to their house and picked her up. Mind you my mom is 75 and is a cancer patient, so she doesn't get in my car often. So I pick her up and take her to U of M hospital for her appointment and sat there. She comes out and her dr asks me what kind of car I drive. I said I have a Lancer Evolution, he says I think your mom thinks your car is sick she was laughing that your car sneezes ever time you shift lol Tial Q.