Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this just happened. I was calling around for pricing for new set of tires... I wont say the companys name...

Me: i was wondering how much a 234/45 for size 17's would cost, and what brands you guys have in stock.
Salesperson: For what type of car??
Me: Mitsubishi evo.
Salesperso: a what?
Me: Mitsubishi evolution
Salesperson: Is that a car?
Me: Thank you for you help, bye!

uhh okay? what the heck just happened. lol
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by mydnyte93
this just happened. I was calling around for pricing for new set of tires... I wont say the companys name...

Me: I was wondering how much a 234/45 for size 17's would cost, and what brands you guys have in stock.
Salesperso: A what?
salesperson: Is that a car?:d
me: Thank you for you help, bye!

Uhh okay? What the heck just happened. Lol

lol
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mydnyte93

Me: i was wondering how much a 234/45 for size 17's would cost, and what brands you guys have in stock.
Salesperso: a what?
Salesperson: Is that a car?
Me: Thank you for you help, bye!

uhh okay? what the heck just happened. lol

When he said, "a what?" you should have replied with, "A Mitsubishi zero. You know, like the WWII fighter plane?"
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by shmooly
-nice probe
-is that a mustang?
-camaro?
rx7 from certain angle

she's a 3s.

_isiah

I got "nice probe" ALL THE TIME with my tt stealth 1g
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE RS
my favorite "DO A BURN OUT!"
lol i ge this all the time cause there are so many hondas in my area.

i get from people cause of my cams and exhaust is that they ask me if my car is going to stall or if my plugs are bad hahaha
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

I live in Canada and the VIII and IX were banned here and I they removed it of the inadmissible list for a little while so I imported one and now their banned again so their very limited how ever when I first brought it here I heard alot of stupid comments.

I was at the mall and when I came out I ran into a friend from high school and as I was showing him my car two guys come up and ask me is that a kit car? I looked at them confused and said no. Meanwhile one of them tried to argue with me that I bought a regular lancer with a kit on it and that I got ripped off.

Than once I was leaving work to find a guy laying down underneath it once I approached him he said he wanted to make sure it was a real IX.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the most popular is "NICE HONDA!" brrr
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:11 PM

Downtown Spokane, WA.

girl-"Is that one of the new Hybrid?"
me - Why yes, 35 MPG!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:23 PM
Account Disabled

Recently I drove a friend of the family to the air port. she's in her early 50's and drives a merc C300. When she walked up to the car, i opened the back passenger side door.
I think she was a bit confused as to why i was opening the back door. She then asked to sit in the front. So i opened the front door. after about 5 seconds of trying to get in the front she decided that it was likely better to get in the back.
It was at that point she asked me why i would install such uncomfortable seats in my honda..
I went on to say that it was a Mitsubishi with a Rally pedigree called an Evolution.
she then asked me how much i paid. I then said that i paid 61000 with taxes and interest with all options. she droped her jaw and suggested buying a mercedes benz for that kinda money.. I told her that my car has about 100 hp more than hers.

needless to say when we got to the air port she was quite willing to get out of the car.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:09 PM

Went to Safeway this morning, and as I'm walking to my car, I notice an older woman, about 70's looking at my car.:

Her: Hi, how are you. Is this your car?
Me: yes it is.
Her: what make is it?
Me: it's a Mitsubishi evolution
Her: its a very nice looking car.
Me: thank you maam. Hop you have a good day.

So I get into my car, and I noticed she's still looking at my car. As I pull out, she waves bye and continues to look. I thought that was rather cute.
She had had an older model cadi. So that made my morning.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
Recently I drove a friend of the family to the air port. she's in her early 50's and drives a merc C300. When she walked up to the car, i opened the back passenger side door.
I think she was a bit confused as to why i was opening the back door. She then asked to sit in the front. So i opened the front door. after about 5 seconds of trying to get in the front she decided that it was likely better to get in the back.
It was at that point she asked me why i would install such uncomfortable seats in my honda..
I went on to say that it was a Mitsubishi with a Rally pedigree called an Evolution.
she then asked me how much i paid. I then said that i paid 61000 with taxes and interest with all options. she droped her jaw and suggested buying a mercedes benz for that kinda money.. I told her that my car has about 100 hp more than hers.

needless to say when we got to the air port she was quite willing to get out of the car.
61k dang that's a lot did you get EVERYTHING Lol?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Wait wut? You can't import them anymore? Since when?

Originally Posted by EV0L-IX-MR
I live in Canada and the VIII and IX were banned here and I they removed it of the inadmissible list for a little while so I imported one and now their banned again so their very limited how ever when I first brought it here I heard alot of stupid comments.

I was at the mall and when I came out I ran into a friend from high school and as I was showing him my car two guys come up and ask me is that a kit car? I looked at them confused and said no. Meanwhile one of them tried to argue with me that I bought a regular lancer with a kit on it and that I got ripped off.

Than once I was leaving work to find a guy laying down underneath it once I approached him he said he wanted to make sure it was a real IX.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

I tried importing a VIII as a daily driver two months ago and RIV said they put restrictions on them once again and the guy also said that they are trying to put a ban on RHD cars from Japan. I could have been misinformed due to the guy being jelouse or a Subaru guy I just never bothered to try again.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by bowrepublik

Damn now I don't feel so bad about paying 20k for my car with about 14k worth of extra parts and only 32k miles and it being an RS at that.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:17 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TravEvoIsBeast
61k dang that's a lot did you get EVERYTHING Lol?
well i did include interest... over 84 months which is rediculus.. i'm basicly getting bent over. but it did keep my paymens lower. i'm trying to make two lumpsum payments extra per year. from what the documents say.. if i was to only make monthly payments insted of bi-monthly id likely pay nearly 68k.. on paper it "looked" like i was getting a deal untill you calculate the interest. i should have just gone south and picked up a used one.. but i didn't realy want that.. oh well live and learn.