Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=bowrepublik;9538962]well i did include interest... over 84 months which is rediculus.. i'm basicly getting bent over. but it did keep my paymens lower. i'm trying to make two lumpsum payments extra per year. from what the documents say.. if i was to only make monthly payments insted of bi-monthly id likely pay nearly 68k.. on paper it "looked" like i was getting a deal untill you calculate the interest. i should have just gone south and picked up a used one.. but i didn't realy want that.. oh well live and learn.[/quote]

Live and learn... I think we are all right there at the moment. hahah
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zerokei_XF

Live and learn... I think we are all right there at the moment. hahah

I hate that part right there.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Amen to that. Who knew a curb check could cost you 1500?... Thats why you don't drive these cars like a 16 year old!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:37 PM

I always get the "WHy is your wing so Big?" I always reply with the "That's what she said!"
My redneck boss told that my 4bangin rice burner can't even run 14's and when I came back with the 12.89 time slip he was like wow that's f****en fast for a FWD rice burner. I said "it's AWD and wait til I feed it corn." His reply was "You talk like a sausage."
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by It'sMe
"You talk like a sausage."
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:32 AM

Just got asked if my lancer had a wide body kit on it, I say no and tell them it's an Evolution, same person a second later after he thinks about it, "Is it turbo? Is Evolution your body kit?" Me: .... I walked away
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Come on lets here some more stories!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

A while back, an older guy with a brand new, like 10 friggin miles Corvette zr1 pulls up to the dealership where I was parked at. As he's walking by my car with me just getting out, he stops and walks around it trying to catch every detail such as brembos, fmic, wing, widebody, etc. He asks me if it's my car n goes on to say how "incredibly nice!" My car is. A guy in a brand new ZR1 thinks a "four door family car" is the nicest car he's seen!
Thank you, people who can appreciate evos!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I went to Autozone on the bad side of town yesterday and as I'm getting back in my car, this 24 year old aspiring rap artist says "Man, I usta have a car just like this one.. you got that blow off valve?" Which it was quite obvious he had never had an Evo. He looked homeless.. Then he tried to sell my his cd for 3 dollars.

10 seconds after that another guy walked up to me asking for beer money and said "at first I thought that was a jetta but then I started walking around it and saw it was a 'Bishi..
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

When I test drove my Evo X before buying it I asked if I could put it in super sport mode and the salesman said "sport mode?". I laughed really hard and proceeded to scare him ****less
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

"Hot" chick: who's car is that?!
My friend: it's mine...wanna go for a ride?
"Hot" chick: f### no! Does it fly with that stupid wing? My friends "muscle" car can smoke that in reverse!
"Hot" chick's friend (also a girl whose car happens to b a 300C): no it won't! I've been in that evo...I'll go for a ride guys!

At the end of the day, I took both girls to grab some drinks...needless to say, she now loves THE evo.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:45 PM

My nephew (10 yrs old) who just got interested in fast and furious movies said when I'm done with my car (evo 9 mr) I should get an evo like the one Tokyo drift....I laughed and told it is an evo. Then he told me I should paint it red. I laughed. It was cute.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nirvancol
I got pulled over last week and at one point the cop said:
"What does this thing have, twin turbos?

Then on the citation, he wrote that the make is a Subaru...
so do u pay the ticket or what
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EV0L-IX-MR
I live in Canada and the VIII and IX were banned here and I they removed it of the inadmissible list for a little while so I imported one and now their banned again so their very limited how ever when I first brought it here I heard alot of stupid comments.

I was at the mall and when I came out I ran into a friend from high school and as I was showing him my car two guys come up and ask me is that a kit car? I looked at them confused and said no. Meanwhile one of them tried to argue with me that I bought a regular lancer with a kit on it and that I got ripped off.

Than once I was leaving work to find a guy laying down underneath it once I approached him he said he wanted to make sure it was a real IX.
haha where in canada are u am still trying to find 1
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:06 PM

At work the other day the came over the load speaker and said there is a red subaru in the parking lot license plate xxx-xxxx, ur lights are on. I went down there and was like its a Mitsubishi. I got a really puzzled look.

2 days later I got in a argument with this guy about my car and someone else said i would take a subaru evolution over a kia any day. I just turned around and walked away.