Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"my civic can beat that"
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:43 PM

what are the spiky things on the roof......... antennas? (vortex generator)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
I went to Autozone on the bad side of town yesterday and as I'm getting back in my car, this 24 year old aspiring rap artist says "Man, I usta have a car just like this one.. you got that blow off valve?" Which it was quite obvious he had never had an Evo. He looked homeless.. Then he tried to sell my his cd for 3 dollars.

10 seconds after that another guy walked up to me asking for beer money and said "at first I thought that was a jetta but then I started walking around it and saw it was a 'Bishi..
I work in a terrible part of south Phx, and the local CircleK next to work (known for being robbed and actually having a shooting within the last 8 months), there's always homeless approaching people that pull up in nicer cars for cash.

So, I roll up (in my 05 STi at the time) and guy starts going off how he's going to own one, and asked me if he could borrow it, then asks me for $10 bucks.

I said to him, "I'm a quarter million in debt, and you're broke. You have more money than I DO!" (lumped in my mortgage with that too, but I made my point)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:37 PM

At a light one day some old dude pulls up next to me and tells me I should put the center caps back on my Kosei rims b/c water and dust are going to get in. I wasn't sure what to say so I said "thanks, I'll put em on when I get home before it rains". Ridiculous.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Went to the park one day to shoot some baskets. I was the only one there until a guy with his son, who was probably around 6 or 7, showed up.

Dad says: "Nice car man!"
kid: "Yeah it looks one of those cars in the video game."

I actually thought it was kinda cute so I just smiled and said, "Thanks!"
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:50 AM

i heard this again this weekend driving through town. "Hey, thats one of those fast and furious cars!" i never know if thats a good or a bad thing, but i tend to think its a bad thing.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sitting at a stop light on the way to work when a guy in a late 90's V6 mustang pulled up to me.

Guy- "Nice Evo, I used to have 1 till I traded in for this baby"
Me- (I was driving an ES at the time) Sigh, "Sweet what kind?"
Guy- "it was an 09, but I wanted to get some American muscle. You wanna run?"
Me- Idiot....."Na, my turbo is acting funny........"

Green light comes and the guy stalls his car out, I get to work and read this thread....

Last edited by mshilto89; Mar 2, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:12 AM

In the past 3 days, I have gotten "is that a real Evo?" About half a dozen times.

I've also figured out that a good 90% of mustang guys around my area think they are fast when they get a loud *** exhaust and an intake... got to see one figure out that racing in bumper to bumper traffic is a bad idea. Hahah
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Evo9MickyBricks
how many miles do u get on a tank of rice
I hear this one ever morning from a guy at work.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:00 PM

I've posted on this thread a while ago but I have some updated bull$hit to share:

Getting in my Evo VIII after work (Around 6pm) and some little kid runs out of the van parked 2 spaces from me screaming "MOMMY! ITS A REAL HOT WHEELS CAR! Hey lady, can I go for a ride in your car?!?!" I said "No but i'll let you sit in the drivers seat!" as I turn the key so he can listen to it and so he can play with the steering wheel. ::child proceeds to sit in the driver seat, pretends to use my clutch properly and keeps making the "vroom" noise in a deep rumble such as my exhaust::

^^ Made my day

Also... the old guy with the 5.0 mustang is STILL at it with the marriage proposals and the "My car is faster than your p.o.s...."

Last month he pulled the ultimate on me with saying "American muscle beats imports everytime!"

Now my evo sits on jacks in my garage waiting for a straight pipe and I'm driving my friends car.... which happens to be a supercharged mustang ::EXTREME FACEPALM::

Now Mr. 5.0 sees me driving the mustang and HAS to say to me everytime "See baby, I told you I could get you to change your mind. Still don't wanna marry me?" ::As I'm shaking my head holding up my finger with my engagement ring::

Thank God i'm moving to Florida soon
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:48 PM

Not sure if this counts, but I get random people comment on my Lancer all the time thinking it's an Evo. The greatest comment was:
Hey bro, nice evo! I bet you do some crazy donuts in that thing! Have you tried drifting it yet?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:50 AM

A guy once said to my friend. That lancer is fast! Can you imagine if it was a evo!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I've actually had a girl call my evo ugly makes me sad cause it looks completely stock...
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

^^ haha, once my friends STi was parked next to my Evo and this girl called his car ugly
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:22 AM

I've had a couple girls say it's cute.

/facepalm