Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
that **** makes your day.

one day, an old korean shop keeper in George Town was closing up shop, I was sitting in rush hour traffic. he saw the car, gave a big smile and thumbs up as he walked by. crazy.
I was leaving shell from getting gas and I just made a left to turn on the main drag and this Japanese dude is going out of his way to catch up to me and he smiles and like nods his head and gives me a big thumbs up.....maybe he helped build it back home in 05??

I always have little kids, boys and girls, point and watch and scream something or just stare as I drive by or they walk by

Also....pretty much every person at my job when I first got the car or someone that I know that doesnt know much about cars....We got out the car and the key is in my hand "why is it still running?" So I tell them or I mess with them and say cuz its a race car. I have one girl saying I can talk to my car via ESP and I can tell it when to shut off, so I take out the key and keep an eye at the timer and bring it down to 10 seconds or whatever and when it gets down to like 5 seconds I'm like.."you ready? I'm going to make it shut off right Noowwww" and shes like WTF....I know your doing it somehow but I just dont know how...Soo funny she still doesnt know to this day

Last edited by My03evo; Oct 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:48 AM

Ive been driving out of the mall parking garage, and not revving or anything, it's actually the super low notes that set off car alarms all around me at times. People look over like they heard gunshots and I'm just sitting there in my car laughing. I've also seen cute girls walking down the street holding hands with some guy and they'll watch my car go by and kind of ignore their boyfriend or whatever.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

in a wal mart parking lot

him: is the MR as fast as an EVO?
me: (confused) yeah because it is an evo
him: oh thats cool....my stratus does 365 horses at the wheel
me: oh really...whats your 1/4 mile?
him: uh.....i forgot i think 30's or maybe 40's yeah

*doublefacepalm
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Driving home the other day stopped at a stop sign:

12(?) year old kid: Nice car man!
Me: Thanks!
Kid: Is that a real evo?
Me: Yep! rev it up a bit
Kid: Awesome. That's my favorite car!
Me:
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by teudmunki9mr
in a wal mart parking lot

him: is the MR as fast as an EVO?
me: (confused) yeah because it is an evo
him: oh thats cool....my stratus does 365 horses at the wheel
me: oh really...whats your 1/4 mile?
him: uh.....i forgot i think 30's or maybe 40's yeah

*doublefacepalm

LMAO. What. The. Hell. That is ridiculous. Made my night
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

I was eating breakfast in Vt. A bus boy saw the car and starting asking about it. I told him we were heading to a race. He then asked "how fast does it go around bends?" I thought for a sec and tried to just be nice. I said, pretty darn fast!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MR_Lance
sure there is. Evo VII was produced as a GT for one year. Came with an automatic transmission. And from Wikipedia about the evo ix:

RS – "rally sport", revised 5-speed, aluminium roof, gauge pack, minimal interior, LSD and a titanium-magnesium turbine, left-hand drive option available.
MR RS – same as RS with 6-speed Manual Transmission.
GT – revised 5-speed, this is basically the RS mechanically, but with some of the GSR's features (mainly interior pieces).
GSR – 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, aluminium roof, gauge pack, SAYC (Super Active Yaw Control), and double-din radio (this is roughly equivalent to the USDM MR).
MR GSR – same as GSR with BBS 17-inch alloy wheels.
MR Tuned by RALLIART – Based on Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition, The Japanese Lancer Evolution IX was exclusively tuned by Mitsubishi Ralliart features the almost same as the civilian Evo IX MR GSR except for Carbon Fiber front lip Spoiler, Official Ralliart livery, Ralliart RA04 17-inch Black forged aluminum wheels.

Just never available here
I knew there are Evo GT's in other parts of the world. But this kid was claiming he had 2 Evo's. He is also 15 years old.

Last edited by evoooox10; Oct 18, 2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

I saw a video about the GT, which was in japenese (with english subtitles) on youtube. They were speaking of it as a more road-friendly car, smoother suspension, smoother clutch, automatic climate control, no recaros, etc.

Anyways, off-topic but worth mentionning I'd say.

Not the video I was looking for, but still it can give you an idea :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeUM...eature=related

Last edited by xmaster19; Oct 18, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Found a video
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by xmaster19
I saw a video about the GT, which was in japenese (with english subtitles) on youtube. They were speaking of it as a more road-friendly car, smoother suspension, smoother clutch, automatic climate control, no recaros, etc.

Anyways, off-topic but worth mentionning I'd say.

Not the video I was looking for, but still it can give you an idea :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeUM...eature=related
This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJJHeQhip0s

At 11:00
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:55 PM

Hey nice car! Is it V6 or V8?
No it's 4cyl
Wow! All this power from a V4??

I came to work in Qatar in 2007, i went to the Mitsu dealership here and asked if they had Evos in stock, the salesman went: what's an evo? :O
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is that a real evo?
and
i hear your evo is running nitro-meth?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Buncha idiots.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I was eating breakfast in Vt. A bus boy saw the car and starting asking about it. I told him we were heading to a race. He then asked "how fast does it go around bends?" I thought for a sec and tried to just be nice. I said, pretty darn fast!

Ive had that before. I didnt really know how to answer it, so I said fast. He repplied with "my buddies went around a corner doing 100! I almost sh*t my pants!" At that point I had to roll up the window.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

My old co-worker used to say "why dont you take off that big air foil?" I said its called a wing and im just gonna leave it on. he tryed to argue with me, i just let it go. im am not about to argue about this.

Also, this is kinda funny. I was giving this kid i ride home, he was sitting in the back (driver side).
He asks "whats that other speedometer?" I go, what? oh thats a boost gauge. He says "oh, i didnt know this has nitros." I just said, ......yup.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by My03evo
That's awesome....

I've gotten....

Is it fast?...."it can get out of its own way" or "depends compared to what"

Kid said last night, lets hear that external waste dumping.....altho it's an internal wg

What do you got done? "everything"

The best ever was when I was cruising in seaside where I normally do a cruise before I work in my friends garage...yes the same town with snooki and "the situation".....It was summer time so there was people and cars everywhere so had to drive slow, I passed 3 couples and the GIRLS of all 3 couples screamed out "NICE EVO" "SEXY CAR" or just do a thumbs up and scream and the last couple were sitting on the bench and they were fighting about something and I'm at the red light in front of them and the girl screams out "your cars loud"..."what?....."Your cars LOUD"...."WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU" ..."YOUR CARS LOUD" and said something else funny but I forget but it made my night
hahahahaha "your cars LOUD! WHAT?! I CANT HEAR YOU!"
love that!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

I f*cking love this thread!