Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my good friends owns an 07 STi and I can't go one day without having everyone asks me when I'm going to race him. Pisses me off.

Another one...This one guy who owns a pos civic talked to a friend of mine and claimed my car was "a lancer with a body kit" and then today my friend told me that the guy with the civic was saying that "turbo's can't go over 12psi or else they'll blow up" and that there was no way my evo was pushing 23psi.

I swear if I ever see this guy I'm going beat the stupid out of him
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
One of my good friends owns an 07 STi and I can't go one day without having everyone asks me when I'm going to race him. Pisses me off.

Another one...This one guy who owns a pos civic talked to a friend of mine and claimed my car was "a lancer with a body kit" and then today my friend told me that the guy with the civic was saying that "turbo's can't go over 12psi or else they'll blow up" and that there was no way my evo was pushing 23psi.

U got a boost gauge? Let him ride shotgun then show him ur boost gauge. Or just race him at the track.

The "no more than 12psi" myth is for n/a engines that's converted into turbo. That 12psi is from the waste gate, and no ecu management. Evos have ecu management that's why we can go more than that.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Nov 17, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
U got a boost gauge? Let him ride shotgun then show him ur boost gauge. Or just race him at the track.

The "no more than 12psi" myth is for n/a engines that's converted into turbo. That 12psi is from the waste gate, and no ecu management. Evos have ecu management that's why we can go more than that.
Guess you learn something new everyday, but this "car guy" should know better imo haha. And yeah I have a boost gauge, guess I should let him rid in it...maybe haha
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:09 AM

some kid in a stock mitsubishi eclipse with a body kit on it comes up to me
"How much boost your running?"
"24ish psi"
"how much nos is that?"
*facepalm*
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
If it bothers you so much, having people ask questions....why don't you just get an STI?
it bothers me because i don't want a sti and people dont know anything about evo's because there are way to many tools around here with sti's.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
it bothers me because i don't want a sti and people dont know anything about evo's because there are way to many tools around here with sti's.
Just tell them when your tired of the rush of having a fast car and need to slow life down you will go out and buy a slow sti. Or have them go to the Evo/STI shootout and have them realize there is really no Sabaru's there and the ones that are aren't very fast. Or tell him when 15's are the fastest you wanna go then you will buy one.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Just tell them when your tired of the rush of having a fast car and need to slow life down you will go out and buy a slow sti. Or have them go to the Evo/STI shootout and have them realize there is really no Sabaru's there and the ones that are aren't very fast. Or tell him when 15's are the fastest you wanna go then you will buy one.
writing that down and putting that in my wallet for sure.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Guess you learn something new everyday, but this "car guy" should know better imo haha. And yeah I have a boost gauge, guess I should let him rid in it...maybe haha
I think everyone should take it upon themselves to educate one of these "so called car guys" you know. Tell them boost has nothing to do with blowing an engine, it's all about torque and having oil there to keep parts happy. I'd bet you more engines blow from oil starvation and over-revving than they do pure power.

It's painful, but explain to them what a turbo actually does (black voodoo magic?.. kidding) as far as compressing air and allowing more air/fuel to be ignited.

My car's engine would most likely "blow" at 15psi if properly tuned because that is about when power reaches 250+ft/lbs of torque, and the rods just can't take it...squish that 12psi myth, it's power related (assuming tun-ability)
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This was said to me yesterday, on this forum, in response to IXs not having single stage paint:

Originally Posted by evosnoop89
haha u are one grumpy old man.go play with your cats you weirdo...and yes they do!they use ss paint to reduce the added weight from clear coat.clear coat adds an average of 20lbs of weight to a car.mitsubishi uses ss paint on evos to give an edge on STI's...so mister know it all finally doesnt know something.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by arctyler
some kid in a stock mitsubishi eclipse with a body kit on it comes up to me
"How much boost your running?"
"24ish psi"
"how much nos is that?"
*facepalm*
I had this happen to me from a guy in a chevy truck
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Coming from the Honda scene, this sounds pretty typical for many of the Honda owners. They are just mad because they know that even bone stock, an Evo is more than a match for most of their cars. Even an EG hatch with a K24 can be a handful to try and launch. This is why you see them only dangerously racing on public freeways with a 3 honk. Personally, I find Civic owner behavior most irritating.

When I had my '07 Si, I was getting ricers wanting to race me on the freeway, usually with crowded conditions. If they think that I am some kind of chump that will endanger the public to see who is faster, then they are demented people. They know that they will get walked by an Evo at a proper track, so they shoot their mouths off and make dumb statements. Take their comments with a grain of salt because they are only showing their collective lack of intelligence.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:40 PM

Heres another one,
Hot girl trying to flirt with me: i heard you drove a nice car
Me: yeah... a evo
Hot Girl: i got one of those
me: an mitsubishi evo?
hot girl: oh i thought we were talking about phones...
*FACE PALM* (i thought to myself.... wow we were talking about cars and then out comes phones... wtf?)
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Heres another one,
*FACE PALM* (i thought to myself.... wow we were talking about cars and then out comes phones... wtf?)
Too funny. When I had my Civic Si, I told people that it had "VTEC", to which they would respond, "Don't they make telephones?". Imagine, confusing a V Tech phone to VTEC, much like an Evo car vs. Evo phone.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:56 PM

Heres another one,

I don't care how pretty you are, you just can't fix stupid... lol But I've gotten a lot of pretty much that same convo from a ton of different people. lol
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Coming from the Honda scene, this sounds pretty typical for many of the Honda owners. They are just mad because they know that even bone stock, an Evo is more than a match for most of their cars. Even an EG hatch with a K24 can be a handful to try and launch. This is why you see them only dangerously racing on public freeways with a 3 honk. Personally, I find Civic owner behavior most irritating.

When I had my '07 Si, I was getting ricers wanting to race me on the freeway, usually with crowded conditions. If they think that I am some kind of chump that will endanger the public to see who is faster, then they are demented people. They know that they will get walked by an Evo at a proper track, so they shoot their mouths off and make dumb statements. Take their comments with a grain of salt because they are only showing their collective lack of intelligence.
Funny that you mentioned their behavior. Just last night I was driving to the mall minding my own business and I turned onto this street that is somewhat residential (2 lanes, not used by main traffic, and not really many houses on) and I look in my rearview mirror and see a guy screeching around the corner, he then flashed his lights and flew passed me in a civic going probably 60+.
Sadly this isn't the first time this has happend to me.