Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread is too funny.. idk what to look forward to when i get mine fixed more, boost or these comments by people.. its priceless!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After wasting my the past 2 days at work reading through this entire thread, I noticed a lot of guys with Lancers posting "I get hey nice Evo! A lot" To be honest I really think they are just mocking you. I mean every time I see a lancer pull up next to me with tinted windows, debagged, system pumping, some ricey cheap muffler, and crappy after market rims all I can think is "This guys wishes he had an Evo" and sadly if they saved some money and not wasted it on those crappy aftermarket mods they could have owned an Evo.

The best thing about an Evo is that they are often imitated but never duplicated
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Toole
I have been around cars my whole life, my mom has most of her life as well. She doesn't know a lot about them, but she likes to go fast. I was giving her a ride in the Evo on kill mode when we pulled off the highway. At that point I was driving normal and she looks over and says "your car stopped sneezing" I then told her I wasn't getting into boost and the BOV wasn't venting any air. Made me laugh simply because she said it was sneezing. She used to say that when she rode in my 300zx TT as well.
my mom had a WRX w/a bov and tells me "quit playing and just drive" when ever she hears the spool up lmao and she told her friend that was trash talking my "lil 4 banger" to go for a ride I had a full apology before 3rd gear lol
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:35 PM

i was at the drag strip and still had my number "499" written on my windows, so when i pulled into a gas station, this guy comes up to me and says he's been following me on the road and will buy my car right now for $499 lol
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:03 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by michellee
i was at the drag strip and still had my number "499" written on my windows, so when i pulled into a gas station, this guy comes up to me and says he's been following me on the road and will buy my car right now for $499 lol
^^^ LOL! My favorite so far.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:51 PM

HAHA WOW!! Now that's epic.. This one wins lol.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that's an instant classic!

I would've rebuttle with..."damn kids...always taking out the two zeroes behind the 499. It's for sale for $49900!"
Old Dec 1, 2011, 07:45 PM

You, sir, win this thread.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:17 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snazzystang
my boss- what does GSR stands for and what is an SSL.....
ME- GSR is Gran Sport Racing and SSL is the model i got it stands for Sunroof Sound Leather...
Actually, I think it's GSR = Grand Sport Rally, MR = Mitsubishi Racing, RS = Rally Sport, SE = Special Edition. But close enough

Originally Posted by tony gibson
Also a great one is "is that a 6 or an 8 cylinder" lmfao

I'd love to get an Audi TT-RS.. think it would be hilarious explaining to people that it's a blown 5-cylinder
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zerokei_XF
You, sir, win this thread.
Looking at the username "michellee".... I think the person is a girl...unless he's French? I don't know.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
Looking at the username "michellee".... I think the person is a girl...unless he's French? I don't know.

Good point. I guess we'll find out if they ever read this.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:01 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snazzystang
my boss: well you should know my STI came stock with a stage 3 in it.. your car only comes with a stage 2 stock..

The funny part is that i don't know much about these cars i have NO clue what he is talking about but from what i understand an evo is stock the way it comes then you add the stages which include all the goodies. unless I'm wrong.
Ya, I'm not a car genius either, but I'm pretty sure your boss needs slapped in the face with a giant marital aid.

If I'm not mistaken (which I usually am, lol), staged upgrades usually refer to a combination of part(s) and/or tuning that vary slightly depending on the aftermarket company. For example, a Cobb Stage 1 can be 100% stock w/just a tune (for AMS, that would be a Stage 0) and a Cobb Stage 2 would be a tune and a turbo-back exhaust (about the same for AMS +IC pipes).

Think Stage 3+ consists of upgraded intercooler, turbo and/or engine internals.. and if your boss bought his STi like that, then it sure as hell isn't stock.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:19 PM

GAME!hahaha
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by AFD
Ya, I'm not a car genius either, but I'm pretty sure your boss needs slapped in the face with a giant marital aid.

If I'm not mistaken (which I usually am, lol), staged upgrades usually refer to a combination of part(s) and/or tuning that vary slightly depending on the aftermarket company. For example, a Cobb Stage 1 can be 100% stock w/just a tune (for AMS, that would be a Stage 0) and a Cobb Stage 2 would be a tune and a turbo-back exhaust (about the same for AMS +IC pipes).

Think Stage 3+ consists of upgraded intercooler, turbo and/or engine internals.. and if your boss bought his STi like that, then it sure as hell isn't stock.

HAHA You see thats exactly what i thought stages are things you buy not that come stock. His argument was that his car came with everything when it was new. Im just going to take him to the track one day once I have my car where i want it and not say anything and just stomp on him a few times.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

I think that was dodge that sold their srt4 neons with "stages" from the factory

Goddam street racers