Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by needmoreboost!!
well had a nice one yesterday. I just got to texas took the car off the trailer and started driving around just cruising and out no where had a car comming really fast thinking he was gonna pass. instead he gets right next to me while i was doing 40 honks 3 times and takes off lol. I had a WTF look on my face. I think he was in a 06ish corolla.
Thats exactly how people come up with stories of how they beat an Evo same this with me. I in traffic trying to get my brother to work because he was late and a newer GTI gets on my *** and every time i changed lanes he did on my a$$ i was like WTH dude. He finally gets next to me and says i almost had you. i just looked at him like WTF are you talking about I'm not even trying to race I'm just trying to get my bro to work on time.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:38 PM

My favorite was while I had my specv. I got a greddy to-c exhaust with the burnt tip. Kid in my class always talked about how his Altima was so fast and he did all the work an was gonna super charge it... Then said, "oh wow nice exhaust, doesn't the tip give you extra hp??" dead serious.
Me: 20..
Didnt wanna bring his hopes down
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoVIII_03
At my dad's shop we always come across funny things. One time a guy mid 20s came to the shop to ask price for installing a body kit on a newer model camaro. It was like a 06 model i think...
OMG, Camaro owners are doing a facepalm on their thread, "Funny/stupid things people say about your Camaro! LOL Seriously dude, the latest Camaro did not come out until 2010 and the last year for Gen 4 was 2002.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 07:24 AM

More interesting than humorous, but the other day I got my car washed, and the kid who detailed the interior went out of his way to tell me that the backseat was extremely comfortable compared to other cars. He was really surprised and that made me surprised. We have very comfy back seats!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evade6317
More interesting than humorous, but the other day I got my car washed, and the kid who detailed the interior went out of his way to tell me that the backseat was extremely comfortable compared to other cars. He was really surprised and that made me surprised. We have very comfy back seats!
I've only sat in my backseat a couple of times but every time I do it does surpise how comfy it is.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
Account Disabled

was at fernie ski resort this weekend, a white lancer pulled up a couple cars down the row, and while i was changing they got out of their car and walked past, the guy stopped and said wow nice lancer, where did you get your body kit. i was like what?
thninking to my self.. he owns a lancer surely he's just being funny. so i said. oh it comes with the 2011. he's like what?? i said yeah then he said darn i have a 2010 now i want the 2011! i said don't worry the 2012 is even cooler. then he left to go buy lift tickets.. at the end of the day he walked by again and asked how much i paid. i told him everything included with interest over 84 months it'll be 68k he's like you got ripped off. I LOLed and said I probbaly did, on getting the extra leather interior warrenty + 3m wrap and financing over 84 months. insted of 60 . but even after the whole day thinking about it.. he still didn't conclude that it was an evo... He even had a peek inside the car and asked where i got my nav and leather seats. i even told him its all wheel drive.. he told me his was too LOL and that his winter tires make a massive diffrence that only his front tires spin when leaving at an icy intersection..

anyways i tried to tell him but he wasn't gettting the fact it was a diffrent model than his. to most people seem to think a "lancer" is a lancer...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

^ Wait, you are financing for 7 years and will ultimately pay $68K? [Yes, I know that it is Canadian dollars, but still]. On the one hand, I feel sorry for the Lancer owner because not only does he not know what an Evo is, but he doesn't even know his own car, thinking his car has awd. On the other hand, the Lancer owner was right in saying that you got ripped off, Evo or not. I think I feel sorrier for you than the Lancer owner because you will be in financial hell for a week's worth of years....
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
^ Wait, you are financing for 7 years and will ultimately pay $68K? [Yes, I know that it is Canadian dollars, but still]. On the one hand, I feel sorry for the Lancer owner because not only does he not know what an Evo is, but he doesn't even know his own car, thinking his car has awd. On the other hand, the Lancer owner was right in saying that you got ripped off, Evo or not. I think I feel sorrier for you than the Lancer owner because you will be in financial hell for a week's worth of years....
that's how they all are up here though...
go to mitsu canada
build an mr
you'll get 53,398.00
not including taxes or ipd not including interest
over 84 monts you'll get payment still not including that stuff of

738.82 x84 = 62018.88 now.. add up all the warrenty's you buy + random fee's they charge and your nearing 70K

here's some more info.. just found my docs

at the dealer i paid
56918.25 incl my extra warranties for the leather seating and 3m vinyl
+ gst
-1000.00 down
+ disability insurrance 3119.54 incase i get hurt or loose my job while making payments
+ lincence reg fee 46
total 61929.70
+ interest6533.24
+ bank fee's
grand total 68462.94

Does anyone ever look at their bottom line price?

have to keep in mind that paying off the loan faster net's less interest .. the total rate is 2.90%

I've been paying bi/monthly and ive made two extra payments this year.. i hope to have it paid off in 4.5 years.
i don't plan on paying all the interest but yes it sure is a rip off.. thats what you get for buying a car with 7km on the dial.

Last edited by user 629782012; Dec 18, 2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: more info.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

^ Seven year loans are the norm in Canada? I know the dollar difference is different and that it to be expected. I guess I am more surprised by people putting themselves into financial bondage for that long of a time.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
^ Seven year loans are the norm in Canada? I know the dollar difference is different and that it to be expected. I guess I am more surprised by people putting themselves into financial bondage for that long of a time.
not the norm, just a choice. i'm not an accountant or doctor or lawyer...

A Plumber with a love of cars.. if i have a few good years then the car will be paid off soon. if not then the car will be paid off by the time it's ready for the junk heap. lol
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:01 PM

"is that an sti?"
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I had a kid run up to me today beating his chest and singing "soniiic the hedgehoooggggg"
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:08 AM

I see this little boy walking with his mother

Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by packM65W
I see this little boy walking with his mother

cant see it
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:31 PM

$42.002 otd

I PAID $42,002 Out the door. for a 2011 MR with the touring package. This car has everything. Also 0 % financing.I guess it pays to be in Los Angeles. Plus you get to have more fun with your car in the California sun shine.
Love my P. Black MRT.
How do you guys figure paying that high price?