Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"nice brake pads"

(referring to the calipers)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was getting my car inspected last week and this guy in a corvette was there so i started talking to him about his car asking him question about how it handles, etc... when it was time to go i complemented his corvette and he clearly didn't know the difference from an evo and a civic because the best complement he came up with was "that wing looks awesome!" both the inspection tech and I giggled a little i just said thanks to be nice.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:44 PM

I get "is that an sti?" (I have the bby) and " you forgot to turn your car off" or "why is your car still running"
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

I get that alot."Hey your car is still running".
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Today I test drove an 05 Evo 8 that a friend of mine is looking to buy from a used car lot. As I was driving all 3 ACD lights came on. I checked with my shop and did a search on here and it sounds like that means the ACD pump is bad. So I tell my buddy to tell the salesman that the ACD pump is bad and he needs to knock some money off of the price. The used car salesman's response- "What's the ACD??"
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:55 AM

Why does your evo smell like gas? Cause of race car
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guy walking into work: Hey!, if I put a big wing in my car will it be fast( sarcasm)....

Me: the entire outside is factory!

Guy: yea...right....

Me: please take your Aura TL and go home
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Mitzi
I get offended when someone calls it a Lancer.

Some cop tool with a Z at a car show kept asking "so its a Lancer"

replied "yes and no, its the Evolution version, 9th generation, Mitsubishi Racing model"

cop "but its a Lancer"

replied "Yes, but you can't make a Basic Lancer into this"

cop "its still a Lancer"

Turned my back on the cop and said choice words to our group as we walked off.
I'm sorry but you sound cancerous enough... It is a Lancer, it always was and always will be. I know it's not the same as a regular Lancer, but it still is. I guess you are not interested in the heritage of the car, but Evolution is only a model, not a car itself.

I always make fun of the guys saying they drive an SRT-4 and not a Neon or a Caliber. They are so butthurt!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

True^^^^ but nothing is really the same between both....besides the obvious. Different chassis,no awd,no 4g63, its like comparing big brother football player to his handicap little brother playing in the corner.

Dont get me wrong i like the full mits line up....besides the 3gen eclipse.

Still a Lancer tho lol.....

Today im painting my headlights.....damn this will be my fourth set....ill post pics!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:48 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xmaster19
I'm sorry but you sound cancerous enough... It is a Lancer, it always was and always will be. I know it's not the same as a regular Lancer, but it still is.
It is, if we define a car by its trunk lid, front door skins, and some interior trim.

This being said, Mitsu named the car for a reason, as exemplified here. Lancer owners can identify with an Evo as a "Lancer," when the two have virtually nothing in common. Good job.

Last edited by FJF; Apr 12, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR Mitzi
I get offended when someone calls it a Lancer.
I do too lol, first thing I did when I got my car was remove the lancer badge. Kept the Evolution badge though. Need to remove that one on the gauge cluster next
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
It is, if we define a car by its trunk lid, front door skins, and some interior trim.

This being said, Mitsu named the car for a reason, as exemplified here. Lancer owners can identify with an Evo as a "Lancer," when the two have virtually nothing in common. Good job.

We do not define it by it's trunk lid, front door skins or interior trim. Then, we don't name it after it's engine, transmission or layout. It is not a democratic choice, there is no opinion to have here. Some overseas big choosing board decided it would be named like that, you don't get your say in it...

Also, the Lancer wasn't the only Evo. It IS a Lancer.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xmaster19
We do not define it by it's trunk lid, front door skins or interior trim. Then, we don't name it after it's engine, transmission or layout. It is not a democratic choice, there is no opinion to have here. Some overseas big choosing board decided it would be named like that, you don't get your say in it...

Also, the Lancer wasn't the only Evo. It IS a Lancer.

... I'm out ...
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

I pulled to a light stop a loooong time ago when i had my 03 yellow beast and a chick next to me said NICE M3 lol
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:55 AM

I parked my car and I started walking in to work and i hear a guy say man ur car sounds like **** it sounds like its missing and about die. And I told him its suppose to sound like that bc I have big cams and he kinda looked at me like yea right ur just saying that bc u don't want to tell me that it is mested up.