Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InoNothingMR
In the end, going back and forth on this accomplishes nothing. It is a simple matter of opinion on the subject and some people will always feel differently about this than others. I personally would never call my Evo a Lancer unless I am trying to put it in simple terms for someone who may not be too "car smart" or am trying to be technical about it. xmaster is correct that it is a Lancer at heart, but calling it simply that takes away from what the car truly is performance wise as an Evo.

You are both correct in your viewpoints/opinions so I say we simply leave it at that. after all, this is supposed to be a thread for laughs and not debating
This^^

Please take your Lancer/Evo debate to another thread if you wish to discuss it further. You're mucking up a fun and enjoyable thread!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Now... let me get this thread back on track. I work at an airport and had to give two pilots a ride to a hotel today. As they were getting in the van they were talking about some of the cars in the airport parking lot. So I start driving and realize we're about drive right past my Evo. Instantly this thread pops into my head and I'm thinking "they're about to say something stupid about my car, I know it." As we turn the corner to drive past my car, I'm telling them silently in my head "Don't do it.. don't be stupid... C'mon say something smart..." and then this comes out:

Pilot #1- "That's a really nice Impreza!"
Pilot #2- "Yeah I really like those!"

DOH!!! I couldn't bring myself to correct them after that

As a side note and not to steer this thread off course again- this is first time anyone has ever called my Evo an Impreza or anything related to the Subies but it sounds like it's happened to a lot of others, so that got me thinking... Do the STi guys have a problem with people calling their cars Evos?? Or is this problem only one sided?? j/w
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian0611
Now... let me get this thread back on track. I work at an airport and had to give two pilots a ride to a hotel today. As they were getting in the van they were talking about some of the cars in the airport parking lot. So I start driving and realize we're about drive right past my Evo. Instantly this thread pops into my head and I'm thinking "they're about to say something stupid about my car, I know it." As we turn the corner to drive past my car, I'm telling them silently in my head "Don't do it.. don't be stupid... C'mon say something smart..." and then this comes out:

Pilot #1- "That's a really nice Impreza!"
Pilot #2- "Yeah I really like those!"

DOH!!! I couldn't bring myself to correct them after that

As a side note and not to steer this thread off course again- this is first time anyone has ever called my Evo an Impreza or anything related to the Subies but it sounds like it's happened to a lot of others, so that got me thinking... Do the STi guys have a problem with people calling their cars Evos?? Or is this problem only one sided?? j/w

The only thing I can imagine them saying is thanks for the complement
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by emiller
The only thing I can imagine them saying is thanks for the complement
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some juice head came up to me at a meet on Thursday and asked "how much power you got to the rear wheels?" I said, "about 300 wheel". He looked at the back of the car and said "Thats a lot for a 4 cylinder!!!" I said, "Yep... the front wheels also has about 300 also"

I cannot describe the face of amazement and confusion he gave me. I just smiled and turned around.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

hehhe you should have posed a math question to him.. and asked him how much Wheel hp you'll get to the front. then when he said 0 youcould say well it's actually 75hp per wheel. as it's full time 4 wheel drive. with front rear and center diffs lol
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol... i dont think he still would of gotten it.

if it wasnt for idiots... life would be so boring!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least he thought it was rear wheel drive. I always get people saying stuff like "I see you put a turbo on it because it has an intercooler" and "why did you put slicks on the back too?"
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:34 AM
STy

Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Went to a pretty big meet held at a local parking garage.... 200+ cars... slowly creeping around the corner waiting to park I see a kid and his dad, really small kid points at my car and says "EVO!!!!" then in an excited voice he asked his dad if it was a real one. Then told his other sibling "LOOK A REAL EVO!!"

made my night
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:54 PM

Haha that's awesome.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

That's good stuff. It's good to see kids learning about our cars. I remember back in the early gran turismo days the evo was always my dream car. The same could be said for that kid too.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Macaroni
That's good stuff. It's good to see kids learning about our cars. I remember back in the early gran turismo days the evo was always my dream car. The same could be said for that kid too.

Same here. I was seeing the Evo 6 TME on rally races on the tv and drooled. Then I would run and go play GT2 on ps1 to buy one. The good days...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:09 PM

co-worker1: what car do you drive?
me: Lancer Evolution..
co-worker1: revolution?! sounds like a nice SUV
co-worker2: it's not an SUV, it's a rally car like a subaru...
me:
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
STy

Haha ^