Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started a new job a few days ago, and was telling a friend there about spending $400 on a tune and some work, and he replied "Does it really make you happy to have a car thats faster than everyone elses?". I just grinned and said "Oh Yeah."

He drives a prius...

Also my sister in law said that she "Can tell that someone put a lot of tuner parts on it because they put a wing on it." At that time my car was completely stock...
Old May 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboAndrew
I started a new job a few days ago, and was telling a friend there about spending $400 on a tune and some work, and he replied "Does it really make you happy to have a car thats faster than everyone elses?". I just grinned and said "Oh Yeah."

He drives a prius...

Also my sister in law said that she "Can tell that someone put a lot of tuner parts on it because they put a wing on it." At that time my car was completely stock...
prius owners..
Old May 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

He drives a prius...

they usually also say that " well the speed limit is 50.. why would you need a car that can go faster? your just going from point A to point B...

lol i hate when people bring up the A to B bs lol it's all about having fun getting there. feeling like your part of the machine
Old May 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts

He drives a prius...
I would have asked him if it makes him happy about being a tree hugger being he drives a prius.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:33 AM

This is definitely my favorite thread!
Old May 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

My good friend was giving me crap on Facebook on how my car is just a lancer, so I reply "Just a lancer with a body kit, thank you very much" just to **** him off and some random girl comments "lancer? *cancer".
I wish I could of took a screenshot but she deleted her comment
Old May 26, 2012, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
My good friend was giving me crap on Facebook on how my car is just a lancer, so I reply "Just a lancer with a body kit, thank you very much" just to **** him off and some random girl comments "lancer? *cancer".
I wish I could of took a screenshot but she deleted her comment
Your good friend? I would delete the A#$% off facebook if i were you.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Is this the "evo is not a lancer" debate starting all over again?

Old May 26, 2012, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
Is this the "evo is not a lancer" debate starting all over again?

Goodness let's hope not!!
Old May 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

I hope not haha. I just thought I was really funny how the girl thought we were talking about driving a "cancer" but misspelling is "lancer"

@MrJuls I'm not gonna delete one of my best friends for stupid remarks, as I too make make stupid ones about his STi to make him mad haha.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blowngasket
So most of you know i have replaced my Mitsu DSM star on the front of my Evo with a Descepticon emblem. My Whole Evo has no emblems or EVO tags on it all all, so most people dont know WTF it is thats blowing past them.
So anyway i took my son to school yesterday and a small kid with his mom looked at my car and said "SEE MOM I TOLD YOU THEY ARE REAL" while pointing at my emblem.
This is excellent. It is funny to me how many people have no clue what kind of car it is... Mine is debadged completely except for the trunk.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:07 AM

I was at the drag strip at homestead speedway for the TNT friday night's drag, after I had pulled back in the pit stops two guys approach me and say is this turbo'ed, that was quick. In my mind I'm like are they serious.
Old May 27, 2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
I'm a plumber and sometimes i do little side jobs at night. I don't own a van so i'll usually throw a bucket with some tools in the trunk.

anyways i drive about 30 minutes to the house i was doing the work at. the owner meets me and offers to help me with my tools. so i pop the trunk and his first comment was "wow thats a tiny trunk" i said yep it's a shame the seats dont fold down. he said "really? then he said.. they must fold down.. every car has seats that fold down these days.. so i showed him the battery location and the windshield washer fluid location.. and at that point he was like O.O and started saying that he'd never buy such an Ill designed vehicle ever. he went on to ask me how much i paid and told him.. his comment was "your insane" an finely said well it's a mitsubishi so it must get great fuel milage.. and again i said Nope 300km/tank in the city O.0 the then said get rid of it!

all in all, at the end.. i fixed his shower tap, collected some money and drove away with some Gusto.. Some people just don't get cars.
lol glad Im not the only one who would rather take the evo to the job site
Old May 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HREEvo
I was at the drag strip at homestead speedway for the TNT friday night's drag, after I had pulled back in the pit stops two guys approach me and say is this turbo'ed, that was quick. In my mind I'm like are they serious.

Had this happen to me a few years back also at a TNT event. After pulling back around a guy approached me and said that thing sounds pretty good I can tell it has a turbo on it. I say yeah and he says it's a shame it's front wheel drive or you could probably pull the front wheels off the ground. I merely chuckled.
Old May 27, 2012, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

A common question I get is "Hey man is that a V8?"