Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And like for what you need those big *** brakes in that small car?
Old May 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
You shouldn't resent that as it is not a slight against American muscle. I have owned a brand new 1970 Camaro SS 350, a '67 427 tripower Corvette roadster and a '69 built 427 Corvette roadster, so I am not biased against the cars. My dream car is a 2013 Shelby GT500. With that said, the comments made by the Camaro SS guys is sadly, classic these days as are comments made against Hondas and Evos and other Japanese cars. People today for the most part are not true enthusiasts. Instead, they talk smack against anything they do not like. And, I thought I gave a great example of the 2006 GTO owner who was complimentary towards my 2007 Honda Civic Si. Maybe you missed that part.
No what I find resentfuls is and I know what your saying please don't think I am red assed or nothing or am putting this twards you or anyone else in anyways. I am red assed that even I hear to much of this **** directed at strictly camaro guys. I mean it just gets old and I am sure you know exactly what I am saying. Today I took the evo for an alignment being I did the ball joints, tierod ends etc. First thing out of the guys mouth is thats pretty cool but I bet my truck whoops it. Ok I know we all get that and of course I flat out said to the guy I doubt it. Guy finally says after he took it for a test drive and I said flat out to him "Do not open it up" and after he got back he flat out said to me damn he said i didn't on it totally but 6k 26 psi it made and I was afraid. Point proven people just dont understand.
Old May 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

"So that little thing puts out 200 horsepower right?"

I said "more like 300"

His face was all like OMG No Way! Haha
Old May 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Runker
"So that little thing puts out 200 horsepower right?"

I said "more like 300"

His face was all like OMG No Way! Haha
Just wait till you get the well whats the fastest car that pos has beaten and you go on to say vipers, corvettes, lambos you name it and watch the responces.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
No what I find resentfuls is and I know what your saying please don't think I am red assed or nothing or am putting this twards you or anyone else in anyways. I am red assed that even I hear to much of this **** directed at strictly camaro guys. I mean it just gets old and I am sure you know exactly what I am saying. Today I took the evo for an alignment being I did the ball joints, tierod ends etc. First thing out of the guys mouth is thats pretty cool but I bet my truck whoops it. Ok I know we all get that and of course I flat out said to the guy I doubt it. Guy finally says after he took it for a test drive and I said flat out to him "Do not open it up" and after he got back he flat out said to me damn he said i didn't on it totally but 6k 26 psi it made and I was afraid. Point proven people just dont understand.

you actually let someone from an alignment shop drive your car?
Old May 30, 2012, 07:22 AM
EvoM Guru

when you get an allignment anywhere thats standard practice yes. Trust me not like I wanted him driveing it
Old May 30, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Watch him go buy one now.... People talk smack until they drive one.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by acidtonic
Watch him go buy one now.... People talk smack until they drive one.
He is a good old boy with a 700hp turbo deisel mudding truck, I highly doubt it
Old May 30, 2012, 08:28 AM

yesterday morning question.. How much you want to sell your car?
this morning morning question.. this car has V8 engine?
Old May 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, you and I both know that the majority of muscle car owners have nothing but hate and spite towards Japanese performance cars. To state otherwise is to be disingenuous. I am 60 years old and have been around owners of many kinds of cars and the one common denominator is the smack talking done by them. And, I will add that I hear the same thing from Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Nissan guys towards American cars. I guess it comes with pride of owning a particular brand or model of a car.

Back in the day, waaaay back in fact around 1969, I was at Minnesota Dragways. In those days you were either Chevy, Ford or Mopar and each camp sat accordingly in the grandstands. I remember one classic race between a '69 Boss 302 and a '69 Z/28 Camaro. Of course each group was taunting the other group. Well the Camaro won and that's when a fight broke out. People were that passionate about their brand.

I am not stereotyping Camaro owners, but truth be told, most who have never driven or ridden in a Japanese performance car, generally put down all Japanese cars. They cannot fathom the idea of a 4 cylinder car being that fast. The more enlightened ones like you who have both a Camaro and Evo know differently. That is a fact of life. Even going to the track to prove who is faster never proves the point. People will still love their brand and model for what it is. I am fine with that. And, I never ever called you a redneck, nor did I ever imply that. If a dealer wanted to trade my 2011 Evo X for a new Camaro ZL1, I would sign the paperwork ASAP. I personally love American muscle cars and would dearly love to get one.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Dude, you and I both know that the majority of muscle car owners have nothing but hate and spite towards Japanese performance cars. To state otherwise is to be disingenuous. I am 60 years old and have been around owners of many kinds of cars and the one common denominator is the smack talking done by them. And, I will add that I hear the same thing from Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Nissan guys towards American cars. I guess it comes with pride of owning a particular brand or model of a car.

Back in the day, waaaay back in fact around 1969, I was at Minnesota Dragways. In those days you were either Chevy, Ford or Mopar and each camp sat accordingly in the grandstands. I remember one classic race between a '69 Boss 302 and a '69 Z/28 Camaro. Of course each group was taunting the other group. Well the Camaro won and that's when a fight broke out. People were that passionate about their brand.

I am not stereotyping Camaro owners, but truth be told, most who have never driven or ridden in a Japanese performance car, generally put down all Japanese cars. They cannot fathom the idea of a 4 cylinder car being that fast. The more enlightened ones like you who have both a Camaro and Evo know differently. That is a fact of life. Even going to the track to prove who is faster never proves the point. People will still love their brand and model for what it is. I am fine with that. And, I never ever called you a redneck, nor did I ever imply that. If a dealer wanted to trade my 2011 Evo X for a new Camaro ZL1, I would sign the paperwork ASAP. I personally love American muscle cars and would dearly love to get one.
No no no please don't think I am saying this twards you. It has nothing to do with you personally. I totally get what your saying being my father (74) use to say the same thing till I took him for a ride. The problem is people cant look past WWII. True car people know what these cars will do, but its people who are closed minded as you said that think this way. I have talked to quite a few f body, mopar and mustang guys and as soon as I mention the evo they are like oh i hear them things are the ****. Ignorant ones will talk their trash. I mean honestly I live in a town of 750 and if it isn't a mopar it isn't good enough for anything. So to a point I get what your saying but true car guys knwo the difference.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

No no no please don't think I am saying this twards you. It has nothing to do with you personally. I totally get what your saying being my father (74) use to say the same thing till I took him for a ride. The problem is people cant look past WWII. True car people know what these cars will do, but its people who are closed minded as you said that think this way. I have talked to quite a few f body, mopar and mustang guys and as soon as I mention the evo they are like oh i hear them things are the ****. Ignorant ones will talk their trash. I mean honestly I live in a town of 750 and if it isn't a mopar it isn't good enough for anything. So to a point I get what your saying but true car guys knwo the difference.
No, it has nothing to do with WWII as most Camaro owners are simply too young to even remember Viet Nam let alone wars with Germany and Japan. It has to do with the fact that there is a mindset in this country by a large segment of the population that anything made outside of the United States is garbage and is putting Americans out of work. I have heard this ever since I bought a VW Scirocco in 1976 and was told how unAmerican I am.

By your own comments, you have proved my point which was stated by my post in response to the Evo owner who was trash talked to by a Camaro owner. My premise still stands. Only a true enthusiast will appreciate any type of car and any type of motorsport whether it be F1, Indy, NASCAR, Rally, Sprint Car, Sports Cars etc.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

No, it has nothing to do with WWII as most Camaro owners are simply too young to even remember Viet Nam let alone wars with Germany and Japan. It has to do with the fact that there is a mindset in this country by a large segment of the population that anything made outside of the United States is garbage and is putting Americans out of work. I have heard this ever since I bought a VW Scirocco in 1976 and was told how unAmerican I am.

By your own comments, you have proved my point which was stated by my post in response to the Evo owner who was trash talked to by a Camaro owner. My premise still stands. Only a true enthusiast will appreciate any type of car and any type of motorsport whether it be F1, Indy, NASCAR, Rally, Sprint Car, Sports Cars etc.

next time a camaro owner bad mouths anyone about having something not made in the states, ask him how much he likes canada, and how it feels to drive around in a "canadian revolution" vehicle. f-body is made in ontario.

that also goes for chrysler guys, dodge challenger and chargers are made in canada as well.

the only one of the big 3 that is made in the u.s. is the mustang.

the corvette is still made in kentucky, "by two fat men in kentucky" according to jeremy clarkson
Old May 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

If you guys like hearing sh$t talk about the evo, go on the corvette forums. They hate evos there. Always saying how ugly, expensive, no heritage, etc., the evos are.
Old May 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by toyotabike
If you guys like hearing sh$t talk about the evo, go on the corvette forums. They hate evos there. Always saying how ugly, expensive, no heritage, etc., the evos are.
i love how dumb americans are