Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i just had a crown vic owner explain to me why his car will beat mine, on to his arguments
1) its a police package
2) it has a upgraded transmission and mine can't take the abuse
3) it has an oil cooler
4) it has a upgraded computer chip.
5) full flowmaster dual exhaust.

i was going to dissect each of what he claims as mods, then i simply said "your right there is nothing you could do to that car that 13 cops haven't done every day for years" his response was "exactly" me: then he was like and my secret weapon he pops his heavy hood and points at a K&N airfilter. my response was "thats your SECRET WEAPON" he was like "this adds like 100 horses and you can hear the engine breath" i asked when he wanted to go to the track and he said thats a waste of time "we could do it hear and now"(pointed to the highway) i said its dangerous and he said "you ain't no real racer then" i was like your right, i only race at the track because i WANT EMS on scene if any thing goes wrong. some people shouldn't be permitted out of the house with out helmets and warning signs......
Old Jul 8, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we truly know who's the idiot, who's the ricer, who's got theh pos car, and who truly has knowledge in cars, mods, performance, etc..

After all, we need these newbs in the world to give us a laugh now and then
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i finally get 2 add, well first was kinda meh, i was picking up a friend who had a flat tire n when he heard the bov he said "you got a turbo" as i replied...well its an evo...they all have turbos....

buttttttt the 2nd was just great,

i was opening my store (gamestop), and a chick comes in, looks around blah blah n when shes leaving she stops as shes opening the door and says "is that your sti right there" (im the only car in the parking lot at the time like 11am) im like "um its an evo but yes" she says "oh well it looks like an sti because of the tail lights (which are stock evo ix lights btw) and b/c you dont have the emblems on it)...all i could say after that was "hmm oh ok" n gave her the look like yeahhhhh and the cherry on top she says "oh well yeah im a mechanic" n leaves i was like.... til i realized she was serious ...good times

ps i have the vortex generator n wing on the car (mr) which shoulda gave it away aswell....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Wife: You will NEVER drive the car 155 mph.

Me: Too late.

Wife: WHY would you drive the car 155 mph?

Me: Because, it's electronically limited silly.

She was not amused, but I sure was.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Talking to a cowoker/friend about me ripping off a mudflap recently and...
Her: What?? why do you have mudflaps on your car, they like belong on trucks!
Me: Well...they look good, and protect my doors and stuff from rock chips
Her: It still doesn't makes sense
Me: Well, just..because racecar (Actually said that)
Her: *Rolls eyes and walks away*
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Last night while cruising around town on my evo with a 2.4L 6765 at 22psi 525awhp and 427tq. Some guy with a cute chik pulls up to me while we are at an intersection. His subs were rattling my car. I waited untill the light turned green. Let him get about a bus length ahead of me and did a WOT pull right by the passenger side were the chik was sitting with her window open. My waste gate is routed to the top of the mesh in the hood so it's *********loud. They pull up at the next light and the cutie goes "you scared the **** out of me with your car". I smiled and replied with " doesn't my music sound better!" and drove off.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006GSR
Last night while cruising around town on my evo with a 2.4L 6765 at 22psi 525awhp and 427tq. Some guy with a cute chik pulls up to me while we are at an intersection. His subs were rattling my car. I waited untill the light turned green. Let him get about a bus length ahead of me and did a WOT pull right by the passenger side were the chik was sitting with her window open. My waste gate is routed to the top of the mesh in the hood so it's *********loud. They pull up at the next light and the cutie goes "you scared the **** out of me with your car". I smiled and replied with " doesn't my music sound better!" and drove off.
Thats winning ! nice one !
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sure some of you evo guys that came over from the DSM world have heard a few of these before.

"That talon is nice, but the eclipse is faster"
"Yeah I used to have an eclipse. Didn't know the talon was the same. Yeah mine was a twin turbo v6"
"Selling my 95+ eclipse fully built motor, low compression pistons headers, cai, ready for a turbo!!!!" (I allways wonder why people waste 150-200$ on a header and another ~100$ on a cai when they want to go turbo)
"Yeah the talon has better torque split its 30/70" (argh no you idiot they are ALL 50/50.)

I also own an 87 rx7. I love hearing rotary newbs.

Yeah, I wanna go turbo but for now I am just gonna do the intake and exhaust, maybe drop in a set of cams and lifts/rollers.

Last edited by Tanro; Jul 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:58 AM

At a local car meet my friend standing in front of my parked car says: "Are those the springs in the intercooler?"

Everyone in our group walked away facing the ground nodding their heads lol.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what was he referring to?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
what was he referring to?

No idea. Probably the fins on the intercooler looked like springs to him
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

sitting at stoplight...on ramp to highway is 2 lanes/sharp left...c6z pulls up revving...starts revving and yelling out window...ricer, p__sy, V8, blah blah...mind you im a 6'4 240lbs strong italian male.. i smiled..at green I accelerated to highway speeds in a legal fashion...watching him fishtail almost swing into grass in my rearview mirror...he caught up on highway 1/2 mile later...my radar detector was blowing up...he revved again and speed off...saw him pulled over 2 miles later...gave him thumb up while going by...s__t only happens in my evo...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
Talking to a cowoker/friend about me ripping off a mudflap recently and...
Her: What?? why do you have mudflaps on your car, they like belong on trucks!
Me: Well...they look good, and protect my doors and stuff from rock chips
Her: It still doesn't makes sense
Me: Well, just..because racecar (Actually said that)
Her: *Rolls eyes and walks away*
I drive an evo and in my opinion they look fugly.. She was right...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Today a co-worker notices that my car is not there.
I tell him its in the shop, getting a new motor.
Him: ohh... interesting, which motor are you getting?
Me: which one?
Him: yeah! are you going to get the bigger one? the 2.5 liter? it makes much more power than the normal one.
Me: ......nope. just the normal one.....
Him: dang dude. could have been super fast!
Me: ...yep.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spanglishmc
she says "oh well yeah im a mechanic"
To give her credit, she could have been like a dishwasher/refrigerator/blender/microwave/oven mechanic.