Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone ever notice the looks on peoples eyes when they ask, "What car do you drive" And you simply resond "Evo" The ones who know what that is, their eyes just light up eith joy, the others respond "Ohh.." and try to act what they know what it is. And the majority is... "a what?" I love just saying it to see peoples initial reaction, I can always tell which ones are the actual "Car Guys"
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:41 AM

I pulled into a parking lot to hang out last night and was called an A$$ even before I got out of the car for having an Evo.

Some people.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Evolution Z
I think the simplest comparison would be if u said an impreza wrx Sti was just an Impreza
Or for American car guys, say a Caprice & Impala SS.

If they don't know the difference between the Evo/Lancer, they probably won't get the Subaru reference, either.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
but even those aren't as extreme, isn't the WRX boosted from the factory? I mean the difference from a 2006 Lancer to a 2006 Evo is very extreme...
He said Impreza WRX STI vs a base Impreza. The base Impreza is not boosted, but it is AWD.

Mitsubishi added AWD to the base Lancer line up, so current line up comparison goes kinda like this:

Impreza vs Lancer
WRX vs Ralliart
STI vs Evo

Subaru got a little butt hurt when Mitsubishi unveiled their Ralliart and decided to bump up the hp in their WRX.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

The new wrx is not that much different the still now. Sometimes it's hard to tell without the badging.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
He said Impreza WRX STI vs a base Impreza. The base Impreza is not boosted, but it is AWD.

Mitsubishi added AWD to the base Lancer line up, so current line up comparison goes kinda like this:

Impreza vs Lancer
WRX vs Ralliart
STI vs Evo

Subaru got a little butt hurt when Mitsubishi unveiled their Ralliart and decided to bump up the hp in their WRX.
I was referring to the old ones, like the '04 style. Wasn't the WRX boosted but there was also the STi which had all the other goodies?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
I was referring to the old ones, like the '04 style. Wasn't the WRX boosted but there was also the STi which had all the other goodies?
Regular imprezas were non turbo. Wrx is turbo.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh, gotcha. I don't know **** about subarus - but my brother has a '12 STi and I make sure to bust his ***** as often as possible, especially because he went from a 650hp Z06 to that
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

just got called a ricer by a hick in a 05 mustang gt at a local track day...i beat him by 13 seconds a lap and was 2nd fastest car in heat...i was cool about it and offered him a ride...he couldnt even breath from bruttal acceleration and addrenaline...needless to say he was very humble and wont be trash talking evos anymore...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

At a local car meet last Sunday.

Idiot: "Hey! NICE CAR man what is it?"
Me: "It's a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart"
Idiot: "............."
Me: "its a step down from a EVO"
Idiot: "...."
Me: "its a Lancer"
Idiot: "OHHHH! OoooK... is it turbo'd?"
Me: "yes"
Idiot: "how much boost?"
Me: "18psi target taper to 13"
Idiot: "?"
Me: "18 pounds"
Idiot: "THATS CRAZY! must be tuned eh?"
Me: Gives up and gets in the car and searches for my coffee hopes idiot leaves...

Idiot: "dude thats a sick STI man do a burn out or something when you leave the parking lot."

Me: ears bleeding left dumb founded

Idiot: goes back to civic hatchback with similar IQ friends.

Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always love the "You have a nice radiator and person points to the intercooler"
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:07 AM

My wife's friends came over and parked behind my Evo in the street. First thing out of a girls mouth was where is your Dodge Ram and is that your Subaru in the street? I responded that it is a Mitsubishi (knowing she wouldn't know what the hell a Evolution was) and she said "that's quite a wing on the back." FML
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbohaulic
My wife's friends came over and parked behind my Evo in the street. First thing out of a girls mouth was where is your Dodge Ram and is that your Subaru in the street? I responded that it is a Mitsubishi (knowing she wouldn't know what the hell a Evolution was) and she said "that's quite a wing on the back." FML
When people have little knowledge on cars, it's that type of comment that comes out of them ...

Some guy in a Rally Red ES asked me what kind of rims I had. I proceeded to explain that they were Rota Torques and were 18x8.5 with a +22 Offset and that they were wrapped in Falken FK452s that are 265/35/18... the dude looked all confused and said "So, do they fit on the Evo?" . This all happened mind you while I was sitting in my X
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by minezevoix
I pulled into a parking lot to hang out last night and was called an A$$ even before I got out of the car for having an Evo.

Some people.
Hahahah typical me when i go to any local meets, "Who brought this a-hole? - then proceeds to come running to my car when i park it" or the the always fun "TWO STEP IT" Then I do... everyone gathers and cremes their pants, and I giggle inside.

Its fun killing the local meets cause everyones in shock when a built evo rolls into a show full of 'meh' at best cars (not even trying to brag)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pssst
Hahahah typical me when i go to any local meets, "Who brought this a-hole? - then proceeds to come running to my car when i park it" or the the always fun "TWO STEP IT" Then I do... everyone gathers and cremes their pants, and I giggle inside.

Its fun killing the local meets cause everyones in shock when a built evo rolls into a show full of 'meh' at best cars (not even trying to brag)
This. Here everyone gathers in the Taco Bell parking lot (dont ask me why)... and there is always that guy that keeps driving by in his big truck blowing smoke. Last time I hopped in my X and followed him and turned around with him and as we were driving by the parking lot he tried to pull away but I just popped it into third and blew him away. I came back and everyone was like you can beat that truck? Smh.... I quite frequently like to do that to the ocassional Honda with the fart can.