Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm amused by people that think those big trucks are fast... apparently running super rich makes you fast
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have no idea. Here is the worst. There has been an influx of oil workers due to all the jobs at the oil fields here in North Dakota and everyone and their mom has some huge truck with stacks... and they will blow black smoke when the light turns green everytime on purpose -___________________________- smh
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
He said Impreza WRX STI vs a base Impreza. The base Impreza is not boosted, but it is AWD.

Mitsubishi added AWD to the base Lancer line up, so current line up comparison goes kinda like this:

Impreza vs Lancer
WRX vs Ralliart
STI vs Evo

Subaru got a little butt hurt when Mitsubishi unveiled their Ralliart and decided to bump up the hp in their WRX.
**Impreza vs Lancer SE (finally comes with AWD)

On a seperate note- I have seem one of those trucks run 11s and 12s at the local strip so some of them are fast. Ill give them that and with diesels like that you need to run it rich when turning up the boost. Its just nuch easier to go faster in a 3000lb car than a 9000lb truck.

Last edited by dolson222; Aug 28, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

First time I had those big trucks trying to race me, I thought it was some kind of joke. Had two young guys staring at me and giggling. They were butt hurt afterwards.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
You have no idea. Here is the worst. There has been an influx of oil workers due to all the jobs at the oil fields here in North Dakota and everyone and their mom has some huge truck with stacks... and they will blow black smoke when the light turns green everytime on purpose -___________________________- smh
Originally Posted by toyotabike
First time I had those big trucks trying to race me, I thought it was some kind of joke. Had two young guys staring at me and giggling. They were butt hurt afterwards.
Seriously... I can't stand them... "My truck has 600ft/lb's of torque and will destroy you..." oh really? My evo has 5xx hp and almost 5xx ft/lb of torque and weights 1/4 the weight of your truck, I'm not good at math but uhhhh power to weight ratio wins, all day everyday..

Merica.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pssst
Seriously... I can't stand them... "My truck has 600ft/lb's of torque and will destroy you..." oh really? My evo has 5xx hp and almost 5xx ft/lb of torque and weights 1/4 the weight of your truck, I'm not good at math but uhhhh power to weight ratio wins, all day everyday..

Merica.
LOL, true story over here in Jersey man.

But on another note I was getting gas and the gas attendant (I live in New Jersey) asks me "How does water not get in there and mess everything up?" He was talking about my hood, I just reply back with "It's stock from the factory like that" He then just looks at me in shock it was quite funny.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Pssst

Merica.
Just ask them does your truck run low 10s? When he says no tell him then stop wasteing my time.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Just ask them does your truck run low 10s? When he says no tell him then stop wasteing my time.
My friend has a Silverado SS with a LS Swap...Runs pretty decent haha. My favorite is some guy in a STOCK like 99' F150 tried to race me
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:27 AM

This isnt about an evo but its still funny as hell

So i was at the gas station and some black guys come out and one of them says "damn that cars fast huh i see you have the nitrous *points at front mount intercooler*"

:FACEPALM:
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Why do they gotta be a black guys? huh? jkjk
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
i remember when a truck driver tried racing me, in his new black shiny ram, he was with his girlfriend laughing, i was with my buddy (windows were down at cruising speed) and he says "trucks own imports!" and peels out, so i start messing with him keeping up (at half throttle) then downshift, use the shoulder flicking big rocks in his new truck and im gone. My buddy got a glance at his face. He was not laughing.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

An old friend was talking to me about the evo saying how its sick as f*%k and tells me I should turbo it... << thats what I looked like lol
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
i remember when a truck driver tried racing me, in his new black shiny ram, he was with his girlfriend laughing, i was with my buddy (windows were down at cruising speed) and he says "trucks own imports!" and peels out, so i start messing with him keeping up (at half throttle) then downshift, use the shoulder flicking big rocks in his new truck and im gone. My buddy got a glance at his face. He was not laughing.

][_, ([]) ][_,

Last edited by emiller; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

So yesterday I was driving and to get to my house a back way you have to go down a dirt road. This Neon R/T (Not even SRT) was on my rear end the entire time including down the dirt road. So I turned to my friend and said watch this. I changed it to gravel, downshifted and gunned it. I blew a huge cloud of dirt and rocks into his car so bad that by the time I got to the end of the road, he was 100 yards back and going 15mph haha
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:12 AM

I stopped by the store earlier today to get a drink and as I'm walking out, this guy is walking in front of me and walking directly to my car. I thought "maybe he's parked right behind me" and didn't think anything about it. When I pressed the unlock button and my car beeped twice, he stopped, looked around and I as passed him he said, "Wait, I'm over there." He then told me he got lost in thought staring at my car and walked away completely embarrassed. It completely made my day