Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

brembo brake dust from hell

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same problem. it sucks!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mpls:boost
oh, that looks nice to use since it changes color. lol. but damn its expensive
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Just got my ix recently that still has stock pads. I'll be changing them soon for something with better initial bite. Hopefully a pad with less dust also. I thought I would try out a product by Armor All that I saw advertised. Just got it at a regular auto parts store. Seems to be a sealant that you spray on and let dry, supposedly the longer the better. After 2 weeks much less dust than usual. Wasn't expecting a miracle, but I'm actually pretty impressed with it!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bhmax
Just got my ix recently that still has stock pads. I'll be changing them soon for something with better initial bite. Hopefully a pad with less dust also. I thought I would try out a product by Armor All that I saw advertised. Just got it at a regular auto parts store. Seems to be a sealant that you spray on and let dry, supposedly the longer the better. After 2 weeks much less dust than usual. Wasn't expecting a miracle, but I'm actually pretty impressed with it!
Man, tell me you used that product of Amor...I hope you dont have a flat black wheels otherwise it will eat your wheels paint. I have two sets of flat black wheels that I got fu..up (one set of Volks wheels) from using wheels cleaner, another time from using the Amor product you mentioned. It will changed the color of your wheels. From my first mistake, i would never use any wheels cleaners for flat black wheels anymore.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:24 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VKEVO
Man, tell me you used that product of Amor...I hope you dont have a flat black wheels otherwise it will eat your wheels paint. I have two sets of flat black wheels that I got fu..up (one set of Volks wheels) from using wheels cleaner, another time from using the Amor product you mentioned. It will changed the color of your wheels. From my first mistake, i would never use any wheels cleaners for flat black wheels anymore.
He's not talking about a wheel cleaner. The product is a WOWA (wipe on, walk away) sealant. It's like a wax, to use a more commonly understood term.

Brake dust is a fact of life. It's a given, just like having to buy fuel to run our cars. Best we can do is minimize its impact and make it easy to clean the wheel. That's where a high-temp sealant comes into play. I say high-temp, because a "regular" wax/sealant will literally fry-off in a matter of minutes in this application (same goes for treating the engine bay.) Do it once, do it right, and reap the rewards for weeks. Of course, you'll still need to wipe down the wheels during a wash, but you won't need a belt sander to remove the brake dust.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, just Armor All "Wheel Protectant"
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
He's not talking about a wheel cleaner. The product is a WOWA (wipe on, walk away) sealant. It's like a wax, to use a more commonly understood term.

Brake dust is a fact of life. It's a given, just like having to buy fuel to run our cars. Best we can do is minimize its impact and make it easy to clean the wheel. That's where a high-temp sealant comes into play. I say high-temp, because a "regular" wax/sealant will literally fry-off in a matter of minutes in this application (same goes for treating the engine bay.) Do it once, do it right, and reap the rewards for weeks. Of course, you'll still need to wipe down the wheels during a wash, but you won't need a belt sander to remove the brake dust.
That is what I used, like i said i don't use any wheels product cleaner anymore since I have FLAT BLACK WHEELS. It will fade out the paint on the flat black wheels. I tried wheels cleaners on my flat black Volks wheels and ended up powder coating them.

I got hope when i saw an ad about the Amor product that resist from dust and mud, so I gave it a try..I sprayed in on after i washed my wheels. It looks nice when i sprayed it on at first... then when it dried up I was shocked because there were white spots everywhere. They looks like as you leave the wheels in sun for a long time and they look white blackish.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

No problems on my stock Enkei wheels. I'll post back if I ever have any issues with it. It's only been just over 2 weeks since I first tried it.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VKEVO
That is what I used, like i said i don't use any wheels product cleaner anymore since I have FLAT BLACK WHEELS. It will fade out the paint on the flat black wheels. I tried wheels cleaners on my flat black Volks wheels and ended up powder coating them.

I got hope when i saw an ad about the Amor product that resist from dust and mud, so I gave it a try..I sprayed in on after i washed my wheels. It looks nice when i sprayed it on at first... then when it dried up I was shocked because there were white spots everywhere. They looks like as you leave the wheels in sun for a long time and they look white blackish.
I see what you're saying. I bet it's because the flat finish is kinda grabby, if that makes sense, and traps some of chemicals.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Wash your car weekly. Problem solved