Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2002, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

Hi,

I've been reading this board for a month or so but I've never posted before. I've just been trying to get a feel for everything before I come out and sound too stupid by asking q's that have been asked millions of times before.

Anyway, I keep reading about how the Evo hogs gas but I've never heard how badly. Is it THAT bad or just bad compared to our pretty efficient Lancers we have now... Not that important but when you have to drive a decent ways to work everyday you don't want something that gets 12 miles to the gallon. I'm thinking of buying one in a couple years once I have some more money. I just graduated from college and have a baby on the way (due today actually) so most of my money has been going for that so I am completely stock on my OZ as of now. I'm hoping to change the exhaust, intake and tint the windows over the next year or so. Nothing too elaborate yet.

One nice part about my area (Youngstown, OH, the armpit of America) is I don't see too many Lancers running around, atleast my color (yellow, wanted blue but the OZ didn't come in blue but I liked the look of the OZ better). I love my car and I'm glad I made the decision to get it even though it was completely spontaneous. My old car died and I needed a new one RIGHT away. I hadn't heard much about the Lancer before that. Anyway just wanted to say hi and ask that question, there was another one but I forgot it by time I started writing the post.

Tom
Old Jul 5, 2002, 07:36 AM

Na dude the evos still get like 20-25 maybe 30 to the gallon it all depends on how heavy your foot is. Congrads on the kid I'm sure you will be proud and good luck on your lancer OZ I have one also. If you need any help with something let me know.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 01:02 AM

Thanks man. I was just getting scared it was going to be less than that. 20-25 was what my old car got actually. 88 cutlass calais. Not the coolest ride in the world but it got me through high school and most of college.

Still no baby, 3 days late so far...
Old Jul 8, 2002, 01:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Preemptive congratulations from me too.

And welcome to the forum. I'm suprised only one other person has replied so far.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 01:40 AM

first and most important, congratulations on the baby and second, great choice of car. welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

well welcome and (early) congrats on the kid.

Link
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:06 AM

hey tom,
i live in ohio too, i have just been watching from the sidelines since april. i just dont have enough time to sound like i know what i am talking about, even if i do. i have a yellow also. i wanted yellow. they are showing up all over cincinnati, but mine is the only girlie girl one. anyway, this is my first post. and it isnt as bad as i thought it would be. just saying hi, from ohio--brandi, streetracediva, girliegirllancer
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:42 AM

maybe i'm just stupid, but i'm not quite sure what girliegirl racing is or whatever its called. Is it just a car club or somethin?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:48 AM

yeah it is a national club for girls. girliegirlracing.com. cause i know that most guys dont take me seriously when i go to the track or they see me on the street. so u gotta have support from somewhere. i have found that some of the girls in the club are a bit catty, but there is a undertone of sisterhood, when times get rough. u know. i think that guys are getting more open to the idea of a quick chick that likes to race, but some still just see a hottie and assume we dont know anything about cars. not that i am an expert, but i know enough. i know that euroclears and banners arent going to add horsepower--HONDUH!! Anyway, if ur interested check out the website, there are some cuties on there, my pic isnt, but there is some interesting stuff...now u know =)....brandi jo
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

my evo gets 17-18 mpg and that is on low boost and not on the track (in which case I get a lot less).

these things really suck gas
Old Jul 10, 2002, 03:04 PM

The 4G63 motor found in the EVO should provide at least 25 miles per gallon with a combination of city and highway driving. My 400HP 4G63 gets 25 miles per gallon, so a stock one should run even better. Although the motor tends to run a bit rich from the factory. You can use an Apex'i AFC fuel controller to lean out the powerband slightly for more power and better fuel efficiency.

Jeff
Old Jul 10, 2002, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

JeffGST

just speaking from experience. there is no way i can get 25mpg, i would be happy with 20. by the way, i think my mines ecu takes care of fueling for me.

what kind of mods do you have to put out 400bhp?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 08:37 PM

Hi and Thanks everyone. 6 days late, still no baby yet. The baby weighs about 7 lbs 2 oz's right now. Looks like she'll end up being induced middle of next week. Girliegirl you ever come up this way? I've only been to cincitucky a couple times. Yeah I have a lot more fun reading then posting considering I know very little about cars. I'm learning more and more each day here though. My brother-in-law being a mechanic helps out quite a bit too. He works at a Acura/Mitsubishi dealership up here. He has a Plymouth Laser he has running 12's right now, but is probably going to get an Evo when it comes out. I'm going to take mine to the track just for fun sometime to see what I can get it to run stock.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 08:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Your wife ever have that uh...baby?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:13 PM

Nope, we're still waiting unfortunately. She'll be induced the middle of next week (we think) if it hasn't come yet.