Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Traded my 2011 STI for a 2011 Evo GSR..WOW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The EVO looks great! If you indeed move to Northwest, I'm sure you would gain an extra 10WHP+ due to our 68 degrees summer. Expensive mod, but might be worth it!!

Last edited by oozkarao; Aug 23, 2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by glamcem
Please don't
+1; not a good engine! If you're thinking about it, perhaps you should do it with a base WRX; at least it doesn't pretend to be a top dog and is comfortable.

Below is the stock STi dyno graph from Cobb's database. The number looks low (perhaps it's a Mustang dyno?), but the point is how fluctuating and irregular the power delivery is...

Last edited by oozkarao; Aug 23, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:56 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oozkarao
Below is the stock STi dyno graph from Cobb's database. The number looks low (perhaps it's a Mustang dyno?), but the point is how fluctuating and irregular the power delivery is...
There's no way to make this assessment without knowing the degree of smoothing applied to the dynograph.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome... Use the force Luke!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Did you buy that sti at the Schumacher dealer in west palm beach? I saw one there, that color not too long ago.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The pics arent working for me for some reason. Congrats on the new purchase. You will def love the Evo more then the STI. Also love the WW paint. I own a WW IX, and they just seem to look alot better to me lol. PIA to keep them clean though. Then one you clay bar and wax the car after a good wash, it looks sexy.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol those new sti's are hideous compared to the evo

good job
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

I think they both look great but of course I think the evo looks a lot better! Good choice!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Duh Panda

good job
I feel the exact opposite. Different strokes different folks
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

The EVO looks great! If you indeed move to Northwest, I'm sure you would gain an extra 10WHP+ due to our 68 degrees summer. Expensive mod, but might be worth it!!
amen to that brotha
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

+1; not a good engine! If you're thinking about it, perhaps you should do it with a base WRX; at least it doesn't pretend to be a top dog and is comfortable.

very true
Originally Posted by FJF
There's no way to make this assessment without knowing the degree of smoothing applied to the dynograph.
STI is a good looking car and HB is great for those who only has one car and need space but it ends there.

I am pretty surprised you didn't hear about the notorious engine failures on STIs and jerkiness due to stock tune.
here is another comparo..

not just that stock tune on STIs are dangerously lean. AF readings show 14-15 at certain rpm levels..
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:26 PM

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! All the STi owners I know would rather be in an Evo.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CtSilver03Evo
Welcome... Use the force Luke!
yes Master Anakin is my man though, Luke is so weak and gayish

Originally Posted by VKEVO
Did you buy that sti at the Schumacher dealer in west palm beach? I saw one there, that color not too long ago.
Nope, I got that from Orlando

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
The pics arent working for me for some reason. Congrats on the new purchase. You will def love the Evo more then the STI. Also love the WW paint. I own a WW IX, and they just seem to look alot better to me lol. PIA to keep them clean though. Then one you clay bar and wax the car after a good wash, it looks sexy.
I am in love with this car, I wish I got this in 2008

Originally Posted by Duh Panda

good job
it's all subjective but yeah I feel the same but my STI was getting so much attention maybe b/c of its color

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
I think they both look great but of course I think the evo looks a lot better! Good choice!
I love this car (handling, braking and acceleration ) so much I actually forget how it looks sometime but yeah it doesn't look bad at all

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I feel the exact opposite. Different strokes different folks
to each his own
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nseaton1
Congratulations, and welcome to the club! All the STi owners I know would rather be in an Evo.
I always wondered how it would be but not I know..I will never go back to an STI that's for sure because I am little hardcore .. I don't really care about the space, plastic quality and whatnot but rather I care about power delivery, engine longevity, handling, and superior AWD system.. oh the stock sound system(not SSS) is 50 times better than STI, that's a plus I didn't ask for but don't mind having it
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:31 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by glamcem
I am pretty surprised you didn't hear about the notorious engine failures on STIs and jerkiness due to stock tune.
That's hardly the point. Take a look at almost any Evo dynograph without smoothing. It doesn't look any less choppy. Prorating a result based on such limited input is just silly. FWIW, it's not as if the stock Evo tune was much to rave about, either.

Quick Reply: Traded my 2011 STI for a 2011 Evo GSR..WOW