Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

new from Fairfax VA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new from Fairfax VA

Hi my name is Nick from Fairfax VA. Since I’m an old guy (52 years) I’ll probably be asking a lot of questions. I’ve decided to get a 2011 Evo MR. I’ve always wanted a small car that is understated in appearance, but has performance where it matters and is AWD. There are a lot of old white gray hair guys like myself driving around my neighborhood in Corvettes and Mustang Cobras. That’s not my style. I’m in the middle of a midlife crisis. I owned a 2011 Subaru STI for two weeks. It took nine weeks to get delivery. Driving a stick shift after so many years was not fun in daily rush hour traffic into Washington DC so I traded it in for a suburban wagon, 2011 Outback. Now I am thoroughly bored and looking at the Evo MR as the answer. Got the performance I crave, with the auto mode practical for daily rush hour commutes. I’m going to look one over tomorrow, though I was told no test drive! That sucks. I’m looking for a Black 2011 EVO MR Premium package out the door for $39K. Don’t know if that is feasible.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome! I'm new as well, but I can say with confidence that I wouldn't buy a car without a test drive. If worse comes to worse, see if you can put a deposit down in order to get the test drive.

Good luck & be sure to post back with pics if you get her!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tell them you have cash in hand and want a test drive. They just don't want people trashing the car on joyrides.

Good luck.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Hi, congrats on the upcoming purchase. I am back an forth and spend a lot of time in Fairfax/Arlington. I have seen a bunch of other X's popping up around the area.

Good choice not going with the standard cobra/vette. My dad is 55 and just got an Evo X GSR, he's never been happier and its louder than my 8!

All dealers say no test drive. If you walk in are serious and say you want to buy the car but want a test drive, they will either let you do it or lose a sale. Theres always other dealers.

If you need any help, or want to meet some other Evo guys once you do pick her up, give me a shout/PM. Cheers and enjoy!

-Ryan
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome! If I were to suggest a place to start your Evo search I'd say go to Malloy Mitsubishi down in Woodbridge. When I was looking for my Evo IX MR they were the only ones in the area willing to negotiate whatsoever. I don't know how the current market is now but my buying experience there was very good.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:47 AM

I'm from NoVA and purchased mine from Jerry's just north in Baltimore. Everyone else just wanted to talk, but these guys knew their stuff.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:23 PM

Got the car today at Stohlmans in TysonsVA. EVO MR, White, Premium package, price $39, 318. I call her Irene for the storm. Didn't think I was getting it today, just was going to haggle more about my trade, but everything fell into place and I drove out with it. Never had a test drive. I was laughing and smiling like an idiot the whole way home. I found every back road home so I could let her out a bit. Too wet out for the cops to bother me. It blows away the STI I owned. I even took my wife to thrift stores, just so I could have another run in the rain. It will take me a few months to figure out all the gadgets. The maual is like twenty pages just on the F.A.S.T key access.

I'll upload some better pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails new from Fairfax VA-evo-800x479-3-540x323-.jpg  
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:25 AM

great color choice welcome
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to another NoVa evo owner. Great buy, and you won't regret purchasing the evo over the STI... esp if you start to modify your car. I traded my STI in on my evo back in 2007 and have never looked back
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:51 PM

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Very nice color. I love the WW all blacked out. I'm thinking about trading in mine for the '12 Lancer AWD when it comes out. Evo is just too damn expensive for my blood.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:57 PM

Here are some new shots after giving Irene a nice polish. I'm not being over protective:-) 300 miles and loving it. Can't wait to get away from suburban VA and find some country roads to test her out, but first I'm off to the inuagrual Indy racing series grand prix of Baltimore. Street racing along the water front, cant think of a better way to send off the summer of 2011!
Attached Images     
Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Get used to the car for a bit then sign up for an hpde at VIR. You'll really be happy with your purchase then.