Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo 8 Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Jr
No offense but it sounds like you shouldn't of bought an Evo. These cars arent made to be riced out. There is a version called just a Lancer to be wire tucked, and slapped with body kits. Will not go 400MPH thou..

Read on the forum. Catch on and learn the car before it goes south. Everything that is on your mind now, has been answered a hand full of times. I did learn the hard way or the search button.

Enjoy the Evo!
When i wrote this in regards to the body kit i meant like front lip wise and i hate riced out cars none of my hondas were. i always kept it stock look with some lowering springs and front lip.. and as far as why i want a wire tuck and cosmetic stuff is mainly cause if i go all out and performance upgrades it will get me into to much trouble and for my job i can lose my security clearance if i get to many tickets. and plus i just want it to look clean.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

welcome and nice evo 8!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by hachansoo0413
welcome and nice evo 8!
Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by novem
Body kits on Evos are kind of frowned on. If you want the car to look lower..get a front lip and rear diffuser.
As far as springs go, swift springs seem to be a popular choice.

N
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:40 PM

ttt
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man welcome to the evo world I'm fro ft Lewis area too and hands down English racing I just had my car there again and again they did an amazing job there really great guys and know what there doing welcome again I'll pry see yea around I'm on Lewis often
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by DsmGuy86
Hey man welcome to the evo world I'm fro ft Lewis area too and hands down English racing I just had my car there again and again they did an amazing job there really great guys and know what there doing welcome again I'll pry see yea around I'm on Lewis often
Thanks. and Do you know of any car meets or anything in the area im still kinda of new to the area and was looking for some chill people that know cars in case i need some advice and ****...
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Jr
No offense but it sounds like you shouldn't of bought an Evo. These cars arent made to be riced out. There is a version called just a Lancer to be wire tucked, and slapped with body kits. Will not go 400MPH thou..
What?

He wants a front lip, a cleaner engine bay and a small increase in power. He doesn't want to go 400mph - he was being facetious. What are you talking about?

1. English Racing - No better option in the northwest.
2. Ask English Racing
3. Do luck style lip, can be found in carbon and abs plastic
4. Cheap? Skunk2/GTworx/Hotchkis springs. Best performer would be the Ohlins R&T.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TrippyclOwnKiLa
Thanks. and Do you know of any car meets or anything in the area im still kinda of new to the area and was looking for some chill people that know cars in case i need some advice and ****...
hey they started meeting on friday night at lakewood town center if yea want i can meet up with you sometime as well im only like 10 min from post
Old Oct 9, 2012, 04:33 PM

Mine is also a silver evo 8. It has Tein full coilovers for the handling. Cusco brace and sway bars front rear top and bottom for the stiffness. Seibon carbon fiber lip for looks. Replace the cams with 272 HKS and use Toda camgears. HKS bigger Piping , invidia test pipe and borla full exhaust change 1250cc injectors. For the powers. Kept the turbo and header stock Gives me 404 hp on dyno with e85. 340 hp 91 Octane. That's just give u an idea. Where to start.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by DsmGuy86
hey they started meeting on friday night at lakewood town center if yea want i can meet up with you sometime as well im only like 10 min from post
alright nice i will have to take you up on that offer when i get back from Deployment in the next 3 to 4 months haha but yea definitely
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Boltz.
What?

He wants a front lip, a cleaner engine bay and a small increase in power. He doesn't want to go 400mph - he was being facetious. What are you talking about?

1. English Racing - No better option in the northwest.
2. Ask English Racing
3. Do luck style lip, can be found in carbon and abs plastic
4. Cheap? Skunk2/GTworx/Hotchkis springs. Best performer would be the Ohlins R&T.

In his defense i mess up the wording when i originally wrote it. it said body kit then recently changed it. I appreciate the advice i look into that stuff
-Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrippyclOwnKiLa
In his defense i mess up the wording when i originally wrote it. it said body kit then recently changed it. I appreciate the advice i look into that stuff
-Thanks
Hahah. That would explain it.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Hey what unit you with my little bro is out there an I noticed you little pic thing that's my old unit patch Lol
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by dsmguy86
hey what unit you with my little bro is out there an i noticed you little pic thing that's my old unit patch lol
4-23in