Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo 8 Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Evo 8 Owner Questions

Hi Im a new 2005 Evo8 owner just got it last saturday. Currently im stationed at Ft Lewis, WA. I used to own all Honda's but decided to move up and get something a little different. I just have a couple questions about evos and where to find parts and stuff. A little about the car its a silver 2005 lancer Evo all stock nothing done to it engine wise and just has a roof rack.....

1. Where can I find a shop that will not make me go bankrupt for getting wire tuck and put some engine parts together?
2. What should i buy for it performance wise? im looking for something that can get off the line not so much of it can go 400mph...
3. Whats a good Lip kit that could help with low profile look to it?
4. Whats better for an evo8 lowering springs or the full sleeve coil-overs that will optimize the ride of the vehicle?

Any help is appreciated Thanks....
Attached Thumbnails New Evo 8 Owner Questions-279.jpeg  

Last edited by TrippyclOwnKiLa; Oct 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

First off congrats on getting an Evo, they are amazing vehicles. I am not really sure what shops are in your area but I can hopefully give you an idea on how to reach 400 awhp, as I have been right around there for a while now.

I would suggest an intake, turboback exhaust with test pipe, walboro 255 lph fuel pump, upper and lower intercooler pipes, a good 3.5 inch intercooler and a stock frame turbo upgrade (BBK Full, HTA FP Green or the HKS 7460R). I went with the BBK Full and am very happy with it, but any of those turbos will get you 400+. Also, depending on if you end up going with ECU controlled boost or a boost controller, you may need to get a boost controller (I recommend manual, a Forge UNOS specifically) or a 3 port boost solenoid, but this is something you will want to discuss with your tuner. Good luck!

Last edited by RoMeIX; Sep 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:29 PM

Hey man welcome to the club. The guys to go to in the NW are English Racing in Camas, WA. Give Aaron and Lucas a call and they will really set you straight.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the community, and congrats on your purchase.

I would say as far as mods go, Turbo Back Exhaust, atleast a 3.5inch intercooler with a Garrett core, Cone Filter, Evo 9 DV, t-bolt clamps, Lower Intercooler pipe, Fuel pump, Boost gauge, Manual Boost controller, and a tune.

there are several other mods you can get to improve upon horsepower, but these are the basics. You would notice a substantial difference, by doing these. If nothing else get a tune. There is a lot of power to unlock in these cars.

Search the forums there is a lot of good information here, that being said there is a lot of bs too.

I have tein s tech lowering springs it has a nice stance and handles really well without sacrificing all you your comfort.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:13 PM

ttt
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Contact my good friends at English Racing in Camas, WA! They are one of the best Evo shops in the world. Let them take care of you, they are awesome individuals and do great work.

Tell Aaron or Lucas that Mikey sent you their way and you will be in good hands brother!

Mikey
Old Sep 10, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body kits on Evos are kind of frowned on. If you want the car to look lower..get a front lip and rear diffuser.
As far as springs go, swift springs seem to be a popular choice.

N
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:09 PM

im actively looking to find a evo for myself too...
how many miles did it have?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for the body kits being unpopular. Lower the car an inch or two, get some 18's and either get an evo 9 front and rear diffuser or just leave it alone, looks good either way.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

car looks great, i would enjoy it as is for a while and then slowly put power mods etc where you feel power is needed, good luck with whatever you do.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the club.

The first thing to do after getting an Evo is to get out of that Honda "mindset". I say this respectfully because I came from a Honda background as well. Evo's require a steady amount of maintenance, and if you hang in here with us long enough, you'll find out that there were some areas of the car that were skimped on a little. My biggest gripes would be the paint, the entire drivetrain (minus the driveshaft), and the leather on the steering wheel. Don't get me wrong, I love the car to death, but it needs work. Overall, I think you'll be happy as long as the one you bought wasn't beaten on too much.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:21 AM

Welcome to the club and after the mods suggested in thread, do a Speed Density flash mod. You will LOVE it!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:24 AM

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I have a silver Evo 8 as well, and its nearly stock. After reading your post it seems as if we have similar goals for our cars. The mods listed below are the ones most suggested to me by people on this site.

Fuel pump, Evo IX DV, Boost Gauge, Wideband A/F Gauge, Manual Boost Controller, Bigger Injectors, Turbo-back Exhaust, Cone-style Air filter and a good tune.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I donno about the two saying body kits are frowned upon on the evo, but I would make love to the voltex kit. That's the only kit that belongs on an evo. The rest aren't as good looking.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

No offense but it sounds like you shouldn't of bought an Evo. These cars arent made to be riced out. There is a version called just a Lancer to be wire tucked, and slapped with body kits. Will not go 400MPH thou..

Read on the forum. Catch on and learn the car before it goes south. Everything that is on your mind now, has been answered a hand full of times. I did learn the hard way or the search button.

Enjoy the Evo!

Quick Reply: New Evo 8 Owner Questions