Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

You know you drive an EVO when...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know you drive an Evo when...

You love driving Evo Virgins in your car and watching them hold on with a smile on their face.

Seeing that you only have 30 miles left in the tank and say to yourself " i should just take it easy", when 30 seconds goes by and you find yourself doing 1st-3rd gear pull and remind yourself to take it easy.

When you get 5% tint to make faces at crappy civics that have a fart can the size of their cars on them.

When you stare at other cars just to see if they are staring back at yours, and when they do, it seems to be a long kneck breaking turn, all you can do is smirk and have a bigger ego then what you did when you first got into your car.

When the sales person tells you that only the MR is AWD, and the GSR has FWD, you make them feel like an idiot because you know WAY more then they will ever know. (This actually happened... i wanted to smack him in the jaw)

When you figure out what the best way to park your car is when you go somewhere, so the majority of the crowd can get the best look at your car while you yourself stare at it equally as much as the bystanders.

When your mom tells you to stop modding your car because you already paid a s*** ton for it.

When you test drive it and think to yourself that the interior is average to below average for a 40k car, but when you drive it, you completely forget that you have an interior anyway.

And just a thought for everyone... Is it just me or are all STI/WRX drivers complete idiots toward EVO drivers, I personally still like STI's (obviously Evo's more since i got one) but i feel like they are just morons and show little to no respect. idk just my opinion

Last edited by Oh My Evo X; Oct 13, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
Is it just me or are all STI/WRX drivers complete idiots toward EVO drivers, I personally still like STI's (obviously Evo's more since i got one) but i feel like they are just morons and show little to no respect. idk just my opinion
Every car has its fair share of douchebag drivers.

Evo is no exception.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dfizzle77
... when you have 10 points on your driving record.
... when your car insurance is through the roof.

It could partially be my own fault.

Seriously? Lol wow.

You know you drive an evo when a wrx speeds up to get beside you, accelerates to around 90, changes 4 lanes at one time, cuts off the only guy in the fast lane and then starts driving at normal highway speeds.

You know you own an evo when your friends jokingly diss your car but get smoked by everything that they have tried to race you in. e46 330, mkiv gti, Porsche Boxster, Camry, Lancer, Corolla, etc.

You know you own an evo when a Poway sheriff pulls you over for not going too fast, but too slow, makes you pop your head to check out your stock engine bay, tells you he loves your car and asks which model it is, looks through his code book for 10 minutes trying to find something to write you up for, and then gives you a ticket for your license plate lights.

You know you own an evo when you come back to your car in the school parking lot and one of the riced out cars is parked right next to you.

You know you own an evo when people in your basic auto class ask if you drift the car a lot and then ask you why you didn't buy a new base Lancer for the same price. @_@

You know you own an evo when you are the one getting pulled over by CHP for going 75. In the slow lane. With people passing you going at least 90...

Last edited by umopp; Oct 14, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:23 AM

[quote=umopp;9671867]

You know you own an evo when people in your basic auto class ask if you drift the car a lot and then ask you why you didn't buy a new base Lancer for the same price. @_@
quote]

And these kids are in some sort of class? At least its basic auto class, they all just failed. I just find this amazing because after i got the evo, i found out how many people seriously have no idea what it is. And trying to describe the best way possible is a challenge sometimes. Before i got the evo, i thought that everyone knew what they were because it was the car to have, guess i was sadly mistaken
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by umopp

I must be an uptight bastard, but I can't understand why people don't get the difference between drifting and powersliding.

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Is it just me or are all STI/WRX drivers complete idiots toward EVO drivers, I personally still like STI's (obviously Evo's more since i got one) but i feel like they are just morons and show little to no respect. idk just my opinion
Yes.. Like I said earlier in the thread, all the Evo guys around here seem pretty friendly and wave or something. STi guys won't look at you, wave, or acknowledge you at all. I think they are embarrassed because their car is slower and handles worse.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

you know you drive an evo when...

your wife tells you the garage looks like a UPS shipping room because all the car parts purchased while deployed are stacking up

god i can't wait to get back
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:52 AM

A 2003 can hold its own with 2011's in looks and performance.

When in a state capital of 60,000 people, you have the only Evo. (Jefferson City, MO)

When you can't find anywhere you trust to work on your car, so you do it all yourself!

When you tell people you drive an Evo and all you get is dumb looks, and people saying "you drive a what".

When seeing a sharp curve ahead sign gets you excited!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Yes.. Like I said earlier in the thread, all the Evo guys around here seem pretty friendly and wave or something. STi guys won't look at you, wave, or acknowledge you at all. I think they are embarrassed because their car is slower and handles worse.

hahaha so true. I dont understand it myself, but thats how it is i guess.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ugakirk
Now that you mention it...

I usually throw a wave to a STi, but for whatever reason not the newest generation. If the driver is over-30, I get a wave back. Younger, he looks away. Never wave at WRXs. Almost every one I see is riced beyond belief or an automatic driven by a middle-aged woman. The riced drivers never make eye contact, and, similarly, I try never to make eye contact with the middle-aged women.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by FJF

I usually throw a wave to a STi, but for whatever reason not the newest generation. If the driver is over-30, I get a wave back. Younger, he looks away. Never wave at WRXs. Almost every one I see is riced beyond belief or an automatic driven by a middle-aged woman. The riced drivers never make eye contact, and, similarly, I try never to make eye contact with the middle-aged women.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

And just a thought for everyone... Is it just me or are all STI/WRX drivers complete idiots toward EVO drivers, I personally still like STI's (obviously Evo's more since i got one) but i feel like they are just morons and show little to no respect. idk just my opinion
I never really had a problem with being a moron towards EVO owners when I had my WRX since my friend had an EVO VIII at that time. But, even owning a WRX, the STi guys could be very disrespectful. Basic attitude was STi > EVO > every other Subaru model. Once, when I was filling up my WRX, an STi owner pulled in, started filling up, turned to me, and said, "Does that actually require premium?"
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF

i throw waves to EVERYONE, maybe thats cause the population of my town is like 300 haha but whatever
Old Oct 17, 2011, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RevRevGone

When in a state capital of 60,000 people, you have the only Evo. (Jefferson City, MO)

That's me! When you see a wing from miles away you go to catch it thinking "we can be two" and then when you understand it's a STI you change direction 'cause you don't have ego problems...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Oh My Evo X;9672471]
Originally Posted by umopp

quote]

And these kids are in some sort of class? At least its basic auto class, they all just failed. I just find this amazing because after i got the evo, i found out how many people seriously have no idea what it is. And trying to describe the best way possible is a challenge sometimes. Before i got the evo, i thought that everyone knew what they were because it was the car to have, guess i was sadly mistaken
thank u i was in class a couple years ago and these guys was talking about how hard it is to crash going down the dragstrip and i said actually its really easy when your in a 800rhp car and they wer like bs ferraris dont even have 800hp and most cars dont even have 200hp i just walked away

Quick Reply: You know you drive an EVO when...