Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

You know you drive an EVO when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
I wanted to get me a set as well but now my baby is nearly 6-years old. Dang.
Damn!

I made sure I put it on my calendar in 10 months time to remind me to look into it again haha
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
You know you drive an Evo when high class/middle to late aged males check your car out and wonder what it is. (Applied to people who have theirs de-badged). These type of people seem to be attracted to wingless evo's with nice suspension/wheel setup
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey6273
Damn!

I made sure I put it on my calendar in 10 months time to remind me to look into it again haha
I think www.lancershop.com still sells them.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badev0
You know you drive an Evo when high class/middle to late aged males check your car out and wonder what it is. (Applied to people who have theirs de-badged). These type of people seem to be attracted to wingless evo's with nice suspension/wheel setup
Mine is wingless and I've had people just stare and stare at the big red Brembos up front. Then they mention something about wasting time with a FWD car. Then I tell them it's AWD and they don't believe me.

I even had one guy actually look. He asked me to walk around to the other side of the car because he didn't know me and didn't want to get on the ground with me standing there.

So I walked around to the other side, he got down and looked under it, and then got up and said wow you weren't lying. Is it fast?

I still have badges... I just removed the wing to fly under the radar for cops. Wing = harassment in Detroit where it's a crime to drive an import.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 01:06 PM
Day

So I drive a Ralliart but story is funny regardless.

When the 50 year old guy next to you on the freeway tries to turn around to take a picture of your car with his iPhone then almost crashes. When you look at him and laugh he immediately puts it to his ear and pretends to be on the phone
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

^^^lol mitsubishi design is out of this world. jet fighter looks makes other people think can this car fly???
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:42 PM

That wingless story is pretty funny because i had the same thing happen to me, i always have guys pressing me to race because they "wanna see if the lance has the same ***** as an evo" lmaoo!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mikey6273
Damn!

I dont' have any little ones yet, but I bet it won't be too long. Does recaro not make them for infants? Its only 10 months and up?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S2K2EVO
I dont' have any little ones yet, but I bet it won't be too long. Does recaro not make them for infants? Its only 10 months and up?
They *say* you can use it with a newborn, but it's a bad idea in my opinion. They do make an infant seat, but its not available stateside, and if you import it and get caught using it, you in for some trouble. Complete BS considering the standards its built to seem more strict than US. My first son is due this month. I went with an infant carrier that can be detached and brought inside without taking baby out, and will probably get the Recaro seat in a few months when it's time, but i cant stress the convenience of the Infant carriers in the first few months... being able to bring baby inside without waking him/her is great.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:30 PM

You know you drive an Evo when you always have an evo-m page open in safari on your iPhone..
Old Dec 8, 2011, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

When you see treadware on the tires and you only have 1500 miles on your new Evo X....
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

when you see an evo parked in your garage..

Last edited by davey111483; Dec 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 01:24 PM

you know you drive an EVO when, you get in an disagreement with you significant other, and her usual comment is dont talk to me go talk to your car or how about you just go sleep with your car.... lol
Old Dec 8, 2011, 01:38 PM

When you work at a bodyshop and see cars all the time with stuff just sitting on the dash and you wonder how the hell can anything just sit on a dash without flying off every time you take off...then you realize maybe they are just so HP handicapped its not possible.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

^ Or, it might be the cheap hard plastic dash that the Evo has that causes even dust particles to fly off when you even start your car LOL.

So, you own an Evo because you have the cheapest POS dash known to mankind that would make even the crappiest car in the world look good by comparison.

Quick Reply: You know you drive an EVO when...