Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

You know you drive an EVO when...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slc_Lonnie
That onramp is my best friend! corners are fun..... That's just a blast!
Oh I get the biggest smile on my face when I know that thing is coming up!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you drive an EVO when your passengers don't care what seat they get. Because the front seat has the good view, but the back seat feels like your being ripped out the back of the car.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

You know you drive an EVO when you hate every Michigan driver after getting yelled at for buying a "JAP" car.

This excludes the few import owners in Michigan.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by zenki-s13
You know you drive an EVO when you hate every Michigan driver after getting yelled at for buying a "JAP" car.

Wouldn't that just mean you know you drive an import?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:15 PM

As a whole, imports are "undesirable" here in 'Murica
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts

Thats funny being I live in Michigan, I never get told that, and I work for the Detroit Carpenters who I have heard storyies about them burning bikes to the ground, vandalize cars etc. I get **** every once and a while from guys at work and I just tell them if you have something badder then this bring lots of money.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Heh, I worked at Ford Motor and parked my IX right up front at IT Headquarters.

But I wouldn't be allowed to do that at a Union building. Not because someone would vandalize the car...the first few rows are "Ford Only" parking or you get towed.

I guess it's their property so their rules but the few times I had to visit Union buildings it was annoying to find an open spot right up front that I couldn't use.

I haven't heard anything about vandalism though from Ford Plants. Those were a bunch of hard working guys who actually showed interest in a serious purpose built machine. All the respect and more for those guys and the jobs they do.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
I have said this a million times to a bunch of people being union guys or not, even at the auto show to some of the high ups. If the American car companies wanna make a car that is awd affordable, and can take the abuse the evo's can take I will buy one. I told a guy from General motors that if you were to make a corvette in a platform that is awd and would make just stupid amounts of power from a stock block like our evos can I'd buy 2 of them. He laughed and kindly walked away. Point is people just don't get it when it comes to what people like. Fact of the matter is the same guy who walked away told me their answer to the evo was the colbolt and I laughed. I talked to a Chrystler designer and had the same convo with him and he said thats what the srt program and I just shook my head. Bottom line is the American car companies will never make a car like this due to the fact they think its useless.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

i think we need to steer this thread back on topic...

you know you drive an EVO when your temperature control knob breaks...
when you go out of your way to find an empty "closed course" to do some WOT pulls on your way home from work once in a while! = my face, everytime
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't get that vibe last time I was there, but maybe I just didn't spend enough time there. When I was at the detroit auto show last year, I got stuck in traffic last year right in front of the convention center, and got tons of compliments and thumbs up for my car.
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I have said this a million times to a bunch of people being union guys or not, even at the auto show to some of the high ups. If the American car companies wanna make a car that is awd affordable, and can take the abuse the evo's can take I will buy one. I told a guy from General motors that if you were to make a corvette in a platform that is awd and would make just stupid amounts of power from a stock block like our evos can I'd buy 2 of them. He laughed and kindly walked away. Point is people just don't get it when it comes to what people like. Fact of the matter is the same guy who walked away told me their answer to the evo was the colbolt and I laughed. I talked to a Chrystler designer and had the same convo with him and he said thats what the srt program and I just shook my head. Bottom line is the American car companies will never make a car like this due to the fact they think its useless.
Chevy tried hard with the turbo Cobalt. The car handles very well, it's still the fastest "production" fwd car around the ring. Those guys are breaking 400wtq on the stock turbo, which is smaller than a 9 turbo. The only thing that is holding that car back is FWD. Not bad at all for a car that stickered for $25k, and many people got new for less than $20k. It's the fastest sport compact GM has ever made.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:23 AM

I love on ramps too, I haul *** on those things haha.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

When your neighbor comments "I though you just got that car fixed, it sounds like it's running rough" - after my Kelford 272s
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
When your scared of it getting stolen or someone ripping the wing off for their lancer..... So you pay an extra $125/mo for a garage to keep it safe!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by illusion_11
you know u had to find a hot slim model gf because a an overweight lady wont fit nicely in the front recaro seats,lol
TRUE LMAO!!!!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:39 AM

You know you drive an evo when....

Their excuse is " lemme put on my slicks on first" or " only from a 60mph roll"

Quick Reply: You know you drive an EVO when...