Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

De-Rice thread and Introduction

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
De-Rice thread and Introduction

Well I have been lurking here for a very long time, making a few posts here and there. Finally got an Evo IX MR and thought I would make a thread and introduce myself. I recently moved back to the States and moved to the North Dallas area. Found this car at a dealership, and because of the way it looked I got it for a steal. To me it looks horrible, but I believe with a few good changes I can make it at least look bearable.

These are the initial photos right after I got it home and took the bumper off. The bumper is painted silver so you know. I already have some Enkei RPF1's on it now in silver, so once that is all done I will update the thread with a picture of that. Already helps a whole lot.

The paint was at least a nice paint job and while I think it looks way way way too out there for me, I hope it can at least be bearable for me along the way.

The radio bezel was also painted some horrible light blue color, that has now been changed to a brand new piece from Mitsu.

Well everyone let me know what you think! It does have a rather significant mod list, and I am working to verify everything I can as I don't have much information yet, but should be getting it shortly. But it is a 35r ATP kit for starters. If anyone knows this car too, feel free to let me know how bad it has been abused

I plan to do some auto-crossing with it and I am an instructor at a road course so it will get used there after sorted.

Thanks!

Update!!

Well I finally took some ok pictures to show how it looks now. I think the wheels helped a whole heck a lot. And removing all of the stickers, even the exhaust one that everyone seemed to love lol. Let me know what you think!

I also put together a full mod list with a little help from Kevin at Evolution Dynamics!

Engine:

Unfortunately it has the pretty bad ATP GT35R kit. The power is nice on top end, but lots of lag!
Cosworth M2 Cams
AMS Intercooler
FIC 1050's
Walbro 255
Injen intercooler pipes (meh)
AMS fuel rail (more stupid bling)
ACT Clutch
Greddy full titanium catback

Susp:
Tein springs on stock Bilsteins
Rear Eibach sway bar

Kevin started to tune it for about 28psi but we aren't finished. The only parts I have added were the fuel pump (somehow it didnt have one?) and the FIC's, it had smaller Precisions on it. He said it should be somewhere around 400whp on the Mustang Dyno he uses.

Overall I am very impressed with the Evo. In the handling department it has lived up to it's hype in my eyes. Having worked for Hennessey right out of college and being an instructor at a road course I have been in some very well handling cars. The Evo feels extremely planted and solid, although it does push more than I am used to right now even with an Eibach rear bar on full stiff. I think that the weight of the steering wheel and the feel of the brakes are right up there with Porsche, not quite there but darn close.

Hopefully I will have a dyno sheet soon!

Last edited by SpeedAddict502; Oct 11, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pick up bro. It doesn't look that bad. Believe me, i'm sure we've all seen worse. Take your time and do it the way you want and have fun along the way.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

The two tone doesn't look that bad actually...I need that Prius Repellent sticker
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Doesnt look riced out at all minus the paint job. Looks like you got lucky if all you have to do is paint it back to factory color and you got it for a good price. Congrats and have fun!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by EVOSE06
The two tone doesn't look that bad actually...I need that Prius Repellent sticker
It was quite funny, but that is taken off now as well.

Originally Posted by SmoothCTR
Doesnt look riced out at all minus the paint job. Looks like you got lucky if all you have to do is paint it back to factory color and you got it for a good price. Congrats and have fun!
It is a factory silver car, so they only painted the upper half blue. So luckily all of the door jams and underhood and everything match the silver. I don't know if I will repaint it or not, as that can be quite expensive to do it right.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I love that exhaust sticker
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Kracka
i was about to say the same thing! lol
Old Oct 8, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Doesnt look that bad to me? If you got a good deal on that is awesome! Maybe just change the wheels, a nice black wheel would probably look good.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 07:40 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, that's some paint job. I'm sitting here trying to picture how it all went down. I mean someone had to choose the color, contemplating the options, had to choose the design, had to watch the work as it progressed, had to pay for it - there were so many chances to alter the outcome, and still.... Boggles the mind.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:58 PM

Not a fan of color matching rims unless they are neutral colors like silver or black. It reminds me of hondas, all the greens and the blues , the pinks and the yellows , the whites and the reds. Or the painting of the interior.

I like the way you think. (removing that bezel).
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:19 AM
Evolving Member

You want to sell those blue wheels? If so, what are the specs?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:03 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka

Haha, I was about to say the same thing...pretty good!

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
They are just stock IX wheels painted/powder coated blue...
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab

They are just stock IX wheels painted/powder coated blue...
I see, but it sounds like OP hates them and I could use them...17x7.5 or 8?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

you bought the car for the sticker didnt you
Old Oct 10, 2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky_pete
Not a fan of color matching rims unless they are neutral colors like silver or black. It reminds me of hondas, all the greens and the blues , the pinks and the yellows , the whites and the reds. Or the painting of the interior.

I like the way you think. (removing that bezel).
Thank you very much! The new wheels and panels are on, along with the bumper. I tried to get a picture this weekend but it has been pouring here. Hopefully today I will have the, hopefully, much better looking pictures up.

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
Yes I will be selling them. I have someone interested right now, but they are stock Evo IX wheels, 17x8 +38, painted what looks to be Electron Blue?

Originally Posted by milford
you bought the car for the sticker didnt you
Aw dang you caught me

New pictures should be up soon!! As well as a current mod list, at least what I have found so far.

Quick Reply: De-Rice thread and Introduction