Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Question about encounters with Lancers impersonating Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mshilto89
I don't mind getting bashed, simply because I don't care I know it's not an Evo nor do I have any interest in trying to make it look like one
...so then it wouldn't apply to you then, since you wouldn't catch any flak since you're not making your Lancer look like an Evo, if I'm following you correctly. You're all good.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
...so then it wouldn't apply to you then, since you wouldn't catch any flak since you're not making your Lancer look like an Evo, if I'm following you correctly. You're all good.
No I know, just wanted to throw the 2 cents in there. Besides, I personally feel that peeps who "attempt" to make a lancer look like an evo are idiots to say it nicely, wasn't trying to be a smarta**. It's all in good fun.
Ironically enough I have seen a blue lancer either ES or DE in Gaithersburg with a full evo conversion body kit. I know it's a fake because the guy was outside of the auto store there with his hood up showing all of his "homeboys" his new whip. Then when I came back outside to leave he looks over to me (I made it a point to park as far away from him as possible) and yells out "nice car bro". At that moment I sat in my measly ES and facepalmed. The funniest part came when he left. The driver side front bumber was being held up by a bungee cord LOL
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
That's funny.

I've also been seeing a few 350Zs and G35s with GT-R-looking front ends... I'm not sure which one is worse.

However, I do remember seeing a GT-R-looking front end on a WRX/STI... now that was silly.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really dislike when I see these. This past weekend I noticed a green "evo" with an evo 8-9 wing, and a few other body parts, but still the stock lancer wheels, I didn't even wanna park near it, such a disgrace.

Occasionally I see some "evo" Lancers but they're usually all about trying to get next to my car and give me a thumbs up or something.

Or you get the moron with the fart cannon on their Lancer who does a fly around and misses a gear in the process...what a tard. I can't understand the logic, do they think they're going to impress us? or what is it. RICERS.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:34 PM

i personally don't think there is anything wrong with that even though i go by, "you can't fake it til you make it". but i'm understanding, not everyone has the money for an evo. not everyone sees the value in spending said money for more performance in an evo (over the lancer). a lot are into cars for looks and aesthetics, nothing wrong with that, imo.

not everyone goes to the track or drag strip. not everyone is into making power as their hobby. BUT BUT BUT BUT, it's when they try and pass it off as an evo that the line is drawn. there is absolutely no excuse for that. otherwise, different strokes for different folks i say.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:39 PM

I keep seeing the same Mazda 3 with an evo wing and amazing exhaust. Love it
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:59 PM

With all the hate towards lancers trying to do the evo thing, is there any for the Ralliart guys trying to do the same like in these pics?

Last edited by matizzay; Oct 13, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:00 PM

Like these

Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

correct me if im wrong but all this guy has done is black out the crome and bottom. Now for my 2 cents the evos are great looking cars and thats why the lancer folks are trying to copy the look. I for one have blacked out part of my front (ill post a pick next post) i have the crome package and left that unpainted looks good and for one wouldnt mind getting some stock evo fenders not to pass off as an evo but because the look is great and sadly they dont make an evo sportback :,( but as for fart cans leave'em to the honda guys keep the lancers where they belong
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

I wish there were more fakes. It builds confidence in all the muscle cars around town. I love to see their faces as I pull away.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

and just for fun
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

i didnt really think there was an issue with the r/a guys doing it. considering they are closer to an evo than the lancer is. I went down the path of buying the evo wing and all tht good jazz. I decided against it. No one likes a copy cat or someone that trys to be something they arent. anytime someone not educated enough ask me if I own an evo i tell them no. Just a regular ol lancer. I dont have evo money.

As far as the issue with a lancer have an evo turbo, why not. If they desire more power/speed and they cant afford to buy the real deal then why not. lancer $4k, evo turbo setup $3k, tune $300-$500. Still by far less than an evo $14k+. Im not too sure on the newer lancer using evo parts. But still cheaper than buying an evo Im sure.

too each thier own right. Sure its not an evo, let them be something they arent. Let them tell ppl something its not. It will only hurt them when it comes and bites them in the ***. I actually get kinda mad at ppl when they ask me if I drive an evo cuz of fast and furious. i tell them "No, I dont drive an evo because of fast and furious. I drive my lancer because I like the way it looks. Nothing more nothing less." I have a turbo waiting to go in mine and waiting on me to tune it only because If i can tune a lancer i have the base knowledge on how to tune an evo.

I dont care if there is an evo next to me on the highway. if I pass them then so be it. If I see them Im still thinking "I wish I could afford that car". One day I will have something better than what I have now. But until then I can dream. I wont rice out my lancer with evo things. I will put on it what I think looks good to me. If it happens to be an evo wing then oops. My bad for making that evo person mad. i dont care what he thinks.

Overall, its not your car so what does it matter what they do to it. Although, I know how you feel cuz I see cars all the time that dont look like they should have these parts on it to make it look good cuz it really makes it look a lot worse. But thats based on my opinion on what I think makes that particular car look good. if a lancer comes up to you and says nice car...and theres is a copy cat, its only because they want that car but cant afford it. So they do what they can to make it close to that in there mind.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I usually just get a thumbs up from the base lancer/ralliart crowd.
There used to be a few Lancer owners living somewhere near me who put Evo wings on. I heard one of these guys was being a douche and giving thumbs down to anyone with an Evo.

Originally Posted by matizzay
With all the hate towards lancers trying to do the evo thing, is there any for the Ralliart guys trying to do the same like in these pics?
The current RA's? I don't know why I'd hate on a cool and fast car. I want one for myself.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
There used to be a few Lancer owners living somewhere near me who put Evo wings on. I heard one of these guys was being a douche and giving thumbs down to anyone with an Evo.
That is called jealousy my friend...or just retarded
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:27 PM

I'm a Ralliart owner and that's what it is a Ralliart not an evo so if i mod it doesn't mean i want to be like you!!!

Quick Reply: Question about encounters with Lancers impersonating Evos