Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Question about encounters with Lancers impersonating Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
Let me get this straight.. They beleive you when you say you have an evo and you're running 17.9"s? I would only assume your running at a track somewhere in ***ville where they are all rednecks and don't have a clue... no offense sir.
...... smh man, smh
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:11 PM

What is smh? I dont understand why you would lie and say your lancer is an EVO. Personally I dont think ANYTHING is more ridiculous than trying to pass a lancer off as an EVO. You just end up looking like a tool to not only the EVO community but anybody else that is slightly automotive inclined...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
...... smh man, smh
Like i said, no offense, but whats the point.

Originally Posted by EvilFD
What is smh? I dont understand why you would lie and say your lancer is an EVO. Personally I dont think ANYTHING is more ridiculous than trying to pass a lancer off as an EVO. You just end up looking like a tool to not only the EVO community but anybody else that is slightly automotive inclined...
Smh = Shaking my head. And i totally agree with you man, thank you!!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
Like i said, no offense, but whats the point.

Smh = Shaking my head. And i totally agree with you man, thank you!!
I was shaking my head because it was a joke... i've had my evo since 2006....
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:04 AM

I much prefer when people take evo's and try to make them look like base lancers. Fill the holes in the hood with bondo. Put steelie rims on it and take off the spoiler. I'm just waiting for a 'slim' body kit to put on and I'll be happy
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by matizzay
I much prefer when people take evo's and try to make them look like base lancers. Fill the holes in the hood with bondo. Put steelie rims on it and take off the spoiler. I'm just waiting for a 'slim' body kit to put on and I'll be happy
That's going a little too far to look sleeper.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HornstarBU
It was almost 1/4th the price of an evo....so how again could he have bought an evo? he'd need to spend 4 times more money!

My car was a gift, just like the other scholarship guy, for football....and I've spent about 3k on the turbo kit, gauges, etc etc and increased from 95whp to about 160whp and will be turning up the boost pretty soon to 10 or 12psi. I've thought about an evo7 conversion body kit, just for the vented hood and bigger lower grill to pull more air in and out....just hate the idea of trying to look like an evo.
Ya what a waste in my opinion. He said, paid off the car for about 11K-12K if I recall him saying. Then bought body kits that cost him about $2500. Got the car painted for another $1500. Bought Evo stock wheels for $600. His next project is dropping a 4G63 engine stock motor that will cost him about $4000 at least, but he still need to modify his engine bay for it to fit so let's say thats another $3000, and labor and the list goes on.

When he should just bought a used EVO 8 that runs $16,000 cheapest you can find in auto trader, ebay motors or cars.com.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J!n K@z@mA
Ya what a waste in my opinion. He said, paid off the car for about 11K-12K if I recall him saying. Then bought body kits that cost him about $2500. Got the car painted for another $1500. Bought Evo stock wheels for $600. His next project is dropping a 4G63 engine stock motor that will cost him about $4000 at least, but he still need to modify his engine bay for it to fit so let's say thats another $3000, and labor and the list goes on.

When he should just bought a used EVO 8 that runs $16,000 cheapest you can find in auto trader, ebay motors or cars.com.
I mean, I see the logic, and I would side with that thinking. Spending 2500 for a body kit should include the paint job imo, 1k for kit, 1500 for paint. The 4g63 drops right into my year lance, then 1 custom motor mount and some tranny work to get the proper bell housing and gears combo.

At the end of the day, the lancer is already his car though and, its lighter, its less apt to be stolen, parts for repair are cheaper, replacement engines are cheaper, insurance is cheaper, aftermarket for the 4g94 is coming upup so I see no reason to swap in the 4g6x anyway.....

Last edited by HornstarBU; Oct 16, 2011 at 09:37 AM.