Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Annoying Neighbor!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So here's the deal. I wouldn't stress it... Really it's up to you obviously, but it sounds like you guys either have people paying homage to a great car, or envious of it... If you have neighbors who rev their honda's. Whatever, you know what you have and they don't, right? If you have guys with old school, or even new school muscle, they may be just as pissed at the FWD idiots with wings that provide useless down force as you. Why not take a minute and just shoot the **** with em? I did, and found that the guy with a fairlane 500 in my town has a legit 427 SOHC with over 800 hp, if there is a guy with a 426 GTX sounds like he wound know a legit car...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:34 AM

Would. Not wound stupid auto-correct...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hondas make me laugh.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a neighbor with a brand new Mustang Shelby GT, we compliment each other on our cars and wave on occasion. Never actually had anyone in my neighborhood give me any problems over the car though.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DSMdynamic
Hondas make me laugh.
It's not Hondas. It is some of Honda drivers that make me laugh. I had a built 2007 Si and it was a fairly quick car. There are Full Race Si's that can more than hold their own with many Evos. And, a K motor in a EG or EK makes for a really fast car. Sadly, because most of the ricers and morons who drive stupidly on the road drive Hondas, the Honda brand name has kind of gotten a black eye with car enthusiasts. Remember that the NSX was a Honda made product that got lots of respect. Same for the S2000.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sourcelx
Haha, sounds like you need to go 3.5 tbe and practice some 2-step on his lawn .
Hahahaha!! This is full of win. Made my morning.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Hey I drive a Honda! Lol! Great thread. I've don't have any annoying neighbors that do it, but when Im at a gas station or something the Honda guys start buzzing around waiting for me to leave so they can buzz around some more. THERE'S NO FLY SWATTER BUG ENOUGH!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D-VO
Hey I drive a Honda! Lol! Great thread. I've don't have any annoying neighbors that do it, but when Im at a gas station or something the Honda guys start buzzing around waiting for me to leave so they can buzz around some more. THERE'S NO FLY SWATTER BUG ENOUGH!
i drive a honda too. lol. a slow automatic EX.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny I just found this thread. I was just coming home in my evo and I turn down my road into my neighborhood and I hear a "HEY!!". It was a pissed off hey. Im guessing he though I was speeding. haha. Apparently, having an exhaust and doing 3k rpms sounds fast to an old guy.

I had this happen in my dsm once too. I was cruising through a neighborhood looking for a buddys house. I was in 2nd just cruising through. My old 1g was loud lol. I went through this block and it has a circle drive at the end, so I turned around. Upon my coming back up the rpad, I see some dude standing out in the middle of the road. He almost tried to block the road and not let me by. I slowed down to see what he wanted. He began to rant on how I just went by doing 50mph???!!

WTF dude, are you serious!?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
I had a honda guy tell me his vtec was equivelent to my turbo which kinda made me laugh.

Last edited by CurseDSM; Dec 29, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ryuartz
That's nothing man. There is nothing annoying than who complains about your exhaust every single day. I have old guy who just moved in next door and complain crap about my STOCK EXHAUST. I am like wtf you want me to do?
Imagine if you have an exhaust, and some cams to go with that...the old timer would go nuts

Last edited by EvoVIII_03; Dec 29, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by D-VO
yes there is... an Evo
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:59 PM

And to all Honda owners...I have respect towards the car its just like somebody else said, its the owners who drive them that make them look bad. I my self like hondas, but i dont see civics as a fast car unless its an SI or its fully built, but if you have a Honda and all you want to do is add a muffler tip just so you could think that you are fast, then thats when i dont like it. Most people i see just add tips to the cars just to make them sound fast, and now a days if you own any car thats the first thing you want to do is add an exhaust even if its automatic. Then you are roaming the street acting like your car is manual by decel and accel between each gear.

Last edited by EvoVIII_03; Dec 29, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:14 PM

My front door neighbor has a 04 05ish F150 the more circleish body style.. but anyways EVERY SINGLE TIME that he leaves his house he peels off and EVERY TIME he turns the corner (Im the corner house) he peels out as if he is in the fast and the furious movies.. mind you this dude is in his 40's.. i just don't get it..
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:07 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by snazzystang
My front door neighbor has a 04 05ish F150 the more circleish body style.. but anyways EVERY SINGLE TIME that he leaves his house he peels off and EVERY TIME he turns the corner (Im the corner house) he peels out as if he is in the fast and the furious movies.. mind you this dude is in his 40's.. i just don't get it..
Maybe he likes to leave a little rubber on the asphalt and WTF is wrong with that? Is this a high-performance car forum or what? Of course, there's also the possibility that he bought some sh/tty tires that generate enough heat during simple maneuvers to sing for their lives.

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Funny I just found this thread. I was just coming home in my evo and I turn down my road into my neighborhood and I hear a "HEY!!". It was a pissed off hey. Im guessing he though I was speeding. haha. Apparently, having an exhaust and doing 3k rpms sounds fast to an old guy.
Heh, I get that a lot - a guy running into the street flapping his arms around like he's the neighborhood traffic police. It's always some ****** just into his mid-20s. My policy is zero-tolerance. I turn the car around and discuss the situation to the best of my ability. I'm old, you know.

Having just read the thread, I'm not really sure where this all stems from. I mean, some of the things described are common acts of automotive enthusiasm. What's the big deal if you're a car guy to begin with? My neighbors across the street love Chevys. They have a half of dozen, even some muscle. You either like cars and you don't. Given the comments in this thread, it's easy to see who's whom.

Last edited by FJF; Dec 30, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Annoying Neighbor!