Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to evolutionm 08 evo x MR OWNER

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to evolutionm 08 evo x MR

Hey sup guys , im new here just wanted to say hi just purchased 08 evo x MR

ive worked on evo 8 and 9's cousins own those but just like every car there is a few easy fixes for stuff and performance upgrades that help just to get up to speed with the car .

i updated navi software , and did the thing so i can watch videos

but next is mounts and IC pipes suggestion and whats best for tuning and any tips for trany
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:50 PM

Are you talking about the engine mounts? If so, why change them?
As for the piping, you have a lot of choices. Brand doesnt really matter as long as fitment is right.
The MR tranny is said to break around 400 awhp but I've talked to tuners who said they upgraded a tranny running at 500 awhp on an MR and after looking at the stock one, it looked pretty good and there really wasnt any reason to upgrade.
My 11 MR runs between 400-450 awhp as daily driver and COBB said I should be fine, even at the track.
I also talked to a guy who tracks his MR and he runs right at 500 ahwp with the stock tranny.
At those numbers though its smart to have an upgraded trans cooler and Im sure he has one. Thats my next gift to myself in March just to stay on the safe side.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to EvoWorld. Like yourself, I recently acquired an '08 MR. I'll do the tranny cooler upgrade soon myself as suggested above.

I plan to keep power mods mild, such as: TP, DP, cone filter, maybe even a fatter FMIC, and finally, a tune. If I decide to go wild then I'll progress to either a turbo upgrade, or an Alky Injection kit, but just one or the other..... not both.

If I decide to do the turbo upgrade then I'll need to upgrade the injectors for sure, right? I guess that I am gonna need a higher volume fuel pump as well, huh?

Last edited by sparky; Jan 3, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 04:24 AM

New to evolutionm 08 evo x MR OWNER

Hey whats going on guys got and 08 EVO X MR Phantom Black Pearl
Well i guess im a noob here and wanted to say hi , I live In CT USA

little background on me IM A GEAR HEAD been turnin wrenches since i was 12
ive built vw, hondas and worked on a few family members evolutions always loved the car but never had $$$$ for one so finally my time came and i own this baby
i dont think i can ever own any other car. lol

my one concern is the transmission , the thing works so nice its like im playing a video game , has anyone heard of any bad thing happening to these things cause im assuming that if something happens to this thing its not going to be fun to fix.

and like most cars what are the First must do upgrades you guys recommend

OK OK im done runin my mouth ill C U Guy's on the road
Old Jan 4, 2012, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sparky
If I decide to do the turbo upgrade then I'll need to upgrade the injectors for sure, right? I guess that I am gonna need a higher volume fuel pump as well, huh?
Yessir, you are correct. Look at AMS or COBB stage kits. They sell a bundle package that sets you up for a turbo upgrade success. A dyno tune is also a MUST.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:26 AM

DAM i feel the love here very welcoming ty

Last edited by giomacri04; Jan 5, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:36 AM

thanx for the info ya i was looking at the tranny cooler the other day and i was wondering , if some one make a direct fit upgrade or if should just make one at work ..

mods as far as i wana go IC and pipes DP ,FUEL and exhaust for now