Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie wants to keep Evo X MR stock

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie wants to keep Evo X MR stock

Hey guys, I want to get an 2012 Evo X MR and use it as my daily driver. I don't plan on using it to race (maybe once or twice a year to the track), but just as a spirited daily driver, so I plan on keeping it stock.

I have been trying to decide if this is a good idea or not because I have read and heard that people who do this most likely go for the STI instead. I have read whether or not the Evo makes a good daily driver and there has been a mixed response, but for the most part the responses were from people who have modified their vehicle.

So I'm curious, has anyone kept their Evo stock? And is this even a good choice in getting an Evo for 40k despite there being other cars out there that are slightly more refined for daily driving?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
i think as a daily, sti HATCH gets the nod, unless you can't drive stick. good luck keeping in stock. I think everyone will at least go for an air filter, boost controller, and tune
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey I just hit 40k miles last week in my 2010 MRT got her last year in December.
drive around 100-200 miles a day and never had a problem. Engine is 100% stock too.
Stock EVO's from my experiance are the most reliable car you can buy.

DD EVO FTMFW!!!

Edit. I do have the battery problem, just don't have time to go to dealer.

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Jan 10, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:50 PM

ive kept my 2011 stock other than springs, filter and alot of cosmetic stuff. alot of people say oh the ride will be too stiff and its a track car etc. i find the ride pleasant and love hammering through traffic and it not be a cop magnent. my mate has a 2011 sti his is 100% stock and it is more comfortable ride but he has had a few dramas with it (mechanically) and i feel there is a bit more roll around corners although stock his exhaust sounds pretty nice.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I would just stick with the X.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:08 PM

i have 08 stock evo x mr... i love it... its my DD... i would prefer stick but this is not my only car... i do plan on throwing some mods on it soon.... its not easy keeping it stock... lol
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by razzletwodazzle
Hey guys, I want to get an 2012 Evo X MR and use it as my daily driver. I don't plan on using it to race (maybe once or twice a year to the track), but just as a spirited daily driver, so I plan on keeping it stock.

I have been trying to decide if this is a good idea or not because I have read and heard that people who do this most likely go for the STI instead. I have read whether or not the Evo makes a good daily driver and there has been a mixed response, but for the most part the responses were from people who have modified their vehicle.

So I'm curious, has anyone kept their Evo stock? And is this even a good choice in getting an Evo for 40k despite there being other cars out there that are slightly more refined for daily driving?
Keep it stock. You'll be even happier with the maximized reliability, plus should something go wrong, it's so much easier to get warranty work done when there's nothing for the dealership to point out.

I don't have a X, but I have a IX that I bought brand new five years ago, and I'm very happy with it. I've never felt that my car needed to be faster (not that I wouldn't welcome it), and it still feels plenty fast. Why? Because I don't waste my time (or my gas) flooring it at every opportunity, particularly when I'm just driving to work or on a freeway trip to another city.

The vast majority of people who mod their cars usually don't need to mod (since not every Evo owner has pushed their car to its absolute limit or even races or competes), and a lot of people who do so tend to regret modding (or at least the modding path that they took), especially when it comes down to moving onto another vehicle since few people get their money's worth back when parting the car out, plus they find out that a modded car won't fetch quite as good of a deal as a stock car.

However, for those who do mod, a lot of them are pleased with how easy it is to make power.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:51 AM

Thats what everybody when they buy and evo "imma keep it stock" lol. I would just get and X You'll be real happy with the reliability of car will be great.