Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Financing question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Financing question

How easy was it for you guys to get financing for an Evo? or what bank/credit union gave you the loan. Let's say someone with good credit to finance an 06 worth like 20K with a good down payment. Some family members have said it's really hard to get a loan on a used car and bla bla that the car's too old. I thought if it was 7 years to date it's not too old. Thanks in advance
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:01 PM

I had a hard time trying to get and evo ix with a 2 thousand down payment with little credit. I ended up getting an 03 under 18,000 with 54,000 miles, but I almost cut the price in half. That was the only way I got financed. If it wasn't for the big down payment I dont think I would have got it. The price on 06 evo are pretty high because for 1: they are sport cars 2: almost all evo 9 have less than 40,000 miles and 3: the condition they are in-interior/exterior. They are worth it trust me.
My dad told me the same thing. He said i could have got a brand new Volkswagen for that price, but i said, "yea but that car is nothing compared to an evo" lol
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:58 PM

Dang I guess that's the only way I can do it. I just have very little credit history. that's what makes it hard I guess, haven't tried anything but I don't want a sky high interest rate
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:48 PM

Nah man I'm almost sure you can get one with low interest as long as you get a co signer. What killed me was that no one co sign for me. But what matters to me is that I got a good deal for the year it was and the mileage. Let me know how it turns out man
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:08 AM

Yeah man hopefully. Ill post up if anything.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:13 AM

Estimate on income? Credit score? DTI ratio? How long is the credit history? Anything delinquent on your record?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:07 AM

the banks near me just increase the interest rate when the vehicle hits a certain year old.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:09 AM

Income is roughly 18,000 take home. Have 0 rent to pay as I'm going to college right now. Basically no bills except credit card when I use it. Just driving some old beater for now. Credit history is probably around 6 months old. Got the credit card from my bank last summer. Also my record is clean clean. Not even a ticket. If that helps
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:39 AM

most lenders want you to make 2 or 3x the monthly payment. plus many ususally have issues financing a car that costs more then you make in a year.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:53 AM

Oh and I'd put 4-5K down. Forgot to add if that helps
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by akley88
most lenders want you to make 2 or 3x the monthly payment. plus many ususally have issues financing a car that costs more then you make in a year.
It's more like four or five times as much.

I had my Evo financed through Chase when I first bought it, but I needed it that day (long story that doesn't really have much to do with it), so I just took it. Luckily I was only financing about $8600, so it wasn't too big of a hassle. At that time, I had a credit score of 768, though I was only 23 years old at the time and didn't have a big credit history, but I was able to get the financing anyway. But rates at that time weren't really all that spectacular, though admittedly I let the dealership handle it and never tried to get financing elsewhere, though in hindsight I should have switched to a credit union.

Chase wasn't bad, but I'll say that I probably wouldn't get another auto loan through them, ever. Their advertised rates are applicable only if you already have a premier checking account (not a regular one) and sign up for other stuff, so unless you have all of that already, your rate will likely be between .5 and .75% higher than their lowest advertised rate. Also, since I didn't bank with Chase, making an online payment had a $10 service fee.

I'd recommend going through a credit union since their rates tend to be a lot better anyway, especially if you have an account with them already. You can open one up to get a slightly better rate while possibly just using that account solely for your auto loan anyway. That's how I'd do it if I had to do it over again.